HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Players Should be Traded and Not Traded

Old
10-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

vCash: 500
Only players right now I'd look to trading is Coburn, Meszaros, and Hartnell. A lot of our forwards are far too young to give up on. Keep the Schenns, Couts, Read, Simmonds, G, Voracek for sure. That is the future core of the team, we'll just have to live with the growing pains and stink it up for awhile. All those players are like under 25. Why give up on them so soon?

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Some of the **** I'm reading in this thread is beyond ridiculous.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 02:59 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli View Post
Keep Mason and try and trade everyone else, including G, for picks and prospects. Blow this thing up!!!
These team went through a rebuild in 2011. There's no need to blow anything up with the talent on the 3 lines up front. Flyers finally have a solid netminder so all I can see a small trade or two in the future.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 03:58 PM
bauer

trade Hartnell for Bieksa
trade Coburn to the Oil for a pick

for starters. then go from there.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 05:40 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

Hartnell if he will waive NTC. he's useless if he isnt scoring goals.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
These team went through a rebuild in 2011. There's no need to blow anything up with the talent on the 3 lines up front. Flyers finally have a solid netminder so all I can see a small trade or two in the future.
I see very little talent up front

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
The core talent up front was at the heart of the 2nd ranked offense in the NHL as recently as 2011-12.

you may not see it, but it's there.

10-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Looks like you need some glasses then.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Good question. He is 31 yrs old making $6mil this year. Just don't think his play justifies that salary at all. Maybe a team like Edmonton would take him because of his veteran presence.
Not to pick, but Hartnell makes less that 5 million.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 10:23 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post

Hartnell won't get Bieksa, and the + won't just be a C-class prospect or 3rd-round pick. I'm fine with Coburn to the Oilers, possibly for Marincin (another 6'5" Dman, but with offensive upside, according to his write-up) and a couple of picks. The latter is complicated by the Oilers not owning a 2nd rounder.

And I know it's been discussed to death (unlike all the other proposals we're bandying around ), but I'd love if Holmgren found a way to land Gormley or Rundblad from Phoenix without giving up Couturier, Voracek or Schenn.

Last edited by BernieParent: 10-30-2013 at 10:42 PM.
BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 02:21 PM
SWARM

Edmonton is lacking size up front, they need big forwards and yes they have shown interest in Coburn as well.

Yakupov or Eberle plus Klefbom for

Couturier, Downie and Coburn

Honest opinions. Is Couturier completely untouchable in your eyes? I think Philly could use some talent for Giroux he's missing Jagr and Eberle or Yak might get him going?

SWARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 02:38 PM
duffy9748

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDreidelz View Post
Edmonton is lacking size up front, they need big forwards and yes they have shown interest in Coburn as well.

Honest opinions. Is Couturier completely untouchable in your eyes? I think Philly could use some talent for Giroux he's missing Jagr and Eberle or Yak might get him going?
Claude Giroux put up 76 points the year before Jagr came to Philly and was at a point per game pace the year after Jagr left.

On the trade...Edmonton would be crazy not to demand Couturier/B. Schenn in return for Yakupov or Eberle.

duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 02:42 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

A trade with Edmonton seems very plausible..both teams look good on paper (not on the ice) but need to retinker their chemistry.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 07:17 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Can't imagine much of anybody being untouchable after Tuesdays collapse and now tonight's effort.

The usual suspects should be on the hot seat.

Mez
Harts
Coburn

in that order for starters.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 07:25 PM
JustJim

Trade them all!

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
Trade them all!
Agreed

Old
11-01-2013, 07:51 PM
iamcanadian23

The entire blueline.

+ Hartnell. (We have Simmonds - who plays the same game - we don't need two players being paid that much that can score goals only by way of standing in front of the net).

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post

No way we trade Bieksa for Hartnell

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Devonator

One thing we musn't be is rash.....we have a lot of excellent individual talent on this team for whatever reason is simply not clicking....

I hope management doesn't rush anything...I would certainly put Hartnell out there as he is quite desirable for some teams....and one of our young stud forwards is going to be offered up...this team obviously needs a shake up...

I have a strong feeling we will be dealing with the Oilers......

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDreidelz View Post

Not close from Edmonton. It wouldn't be enough even without Klefbom in the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Claude Giroux put up 76 points the year before Jagr came to Philly and was at a point per game pace the year after Jagr left.

On the trade...Edmonton would be crazy not to demand Couturier/B. Schenn in return for Yakupov or Eberle.
Pretty much. I think Simmonds would be our biggest target though.

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 09:07 PM
StandingCow

My anger and emotion says: I don't give a crap at this point who they trade.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Looks like you need some glasses then.
Ok.....smh.....see Beef's post as a lesson on how to post a disagreement. Your act is stale and it brings very little of value to the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The core talent up front was at the heart of the 2nd ranked offense in the NHL as recently as 2011-12.

you may not see it, but it's there.
That team had Jagr, JVR and just one of those type years. Here is what I see now; G is overrated and not franchise player. Vinny though a good player is declining and no longer a 1st liner. Downey is a 3rd liner at best. B Schenn is over hyped, Hartnel is a joke and Jake is ok but nothing that special. Cooter is a checking center we hope will develop a scoring nack but its not looking like it will be soon, Read is a nice 2nd\ 3rd liner and Simmer...see Hartnel. Talent?

Last edited by Cuiff: 11-02-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old
11-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Prongo
Beer

Giroux is over rated and not a franchise center?? News to everyone here. I love how we use the first twelve games of this year to justify that statement.

Let's go back three years, and you will see statistically he is a top 10 center, actually I think it's more like top 6 best offensive producing player in the NHL over that span.

217 points in 207 games in the past three years. Yes, he had a bad start to the year, but to say he is not a franchise player and over rated, that is extremely short sighted. Our offense as a whole is horrible, he is one of the leaders on this team, and he will always produce offensively. We all need to be patient, like I have been saying, we just aren't a good hockey team.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Giroux is over rated and not a franchise center?? News to everyone here. I love how we use the first twelve games of this year to justify that statement.

Let's go back three years, and you will see statistically he is a top 10 center, actually I think it's more like top 6 best offensive producing player in the NHL over that span.

217 points in 207 games in the past three years. Yes, he had a bad start to the year, but to say he is not a franchise player and over rated, that is extremely short sighted. Our offense as a whole is horrible, he is one of the leaders on this team, and he will always produce offensively. We all need to be patient, like I have been saying, we just aren't a good hockey team.
He did not look like a franchise player last year either. You can keep being delusional on the subject but it is what it is. Name another world class player who is scoring at less than .5 points a game and has a 17 game scoreless streak. He does not make anyone better which a franchise player should. So, stop fixating on this issue and accept it. If you remove the stats fromthe year he played with Jagr you will get a better picture of the player he is. He is not the only overrated player on this team, hence missing the playoff for what will be 2 years now.

Last edited by Cuiff: 11-02-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old
11-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
He did not look like a franchise player last year either. You can keep being delusional on the subject but it is what it is. Name a other world class player who is scoring at less than .5 points a game and has a 17 game scoreless streak. He does not make anyone better which a franchise player should. So, stop fixating on this issue and accept it. He is not the only overrated player on this team, hence missing the playoff for what will be 2 years now.
Your only argument is that I am wrong, but provide no substance behind it. Yes, Giroux has struggled, but the whole offense has too. We have 20 goals right now, this team is sleeping through the regular season it seems. To say Giroux is not a franchise player and provide the argument he hasn't scored in 17 games(dating back to last year, and on this horrible hockey tea right now) is short sighted. When I make judgement of players abilities, I try to use more than a 17 game basis to come to a conclusion.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote