HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Souray UFA this off season

Old
12-13-2006, 05:39 PM
GOMEZ+DRURY*

vCash: 500
Souray UFA this off season

If im not mistaken, isnt Sheldon Souray a UFA this off season, if so...is there any chance the Rangers will try to get him....he would be a definite upgrade over Rosie at the point on the powerplay....and he could be a top pairing during even strength.

GOMEZ+DRURY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
He would be an upgrade over any of our D.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Now as long as Ozo and Rachunek are gone then i say why not, plus i mean ofcourse NYR will go for him they went for Chra and these 2 are in the same boat.

to see something along the lines of............

Souray & Staal
Tyutin & Ward
Kaspar & Pock

..................Would make me very pleased. but its not happening cause NYR is stuck with Malik and roszival. i have been very surprised and pleased with Rozys game and if he can keep it up i dont mind see;ing him here. He was out of hockey for like 18 months or something with the lockout and injuries, maybe the Rozsival were see'ing now is the one that Sather intended on signing, cause the last 2 weeks he has been looking better and better more confident.

So how about, these pairings with Sather cause kaspar will most likly be gone and so will rachunek, i hope so atleast, and if Souray gets signed then....

Souray & Staal
Malik & Rozsival
Ward & Tyutin

I hate leaving Pock out but I would muchrather se Staal in.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:47 PM
BuRe#9

how much money is he? is there a real shot that the rangers can get him? cause that would be AWESOME!

BuRe#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Fletch

Haven't been overly impressed with him...

this season. Seems as though he thinks that his payday may be tied to the amount of points he scores this season. He's a part of some trade rumors too, I believe.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:57 PM
TheRedressor

someone explain why montreal would trade him? They consider themselves contenders.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 07:02 PM
FLYLine24*

Its rumored he's going to want big money this offseason (over 5 million). Habs know this as well so they might try to trade him before they lose him for nothing.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM
TheRedressor

would it send the right message that they are trading a #1 dman when they are going for the cup tho?

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:02 PM
GOMEZ+DRURY*

The rags need to get rid of malik, kaspar, rachunek and ozo...that will make room for pock, staal??, souray, and a cheap defensmen who plays a really good defensive game. I would be pretty happy if the rangers D looked like this..

Souray
Rozsival
Tyutin
Staal----or if hes not ready a solid, cheap D-Man
Pock
Ward

Old
12-13-2006, 08:18 PM
BigE

I don't like him. He's got one heck of a shot, but defensively he's not very mobile (big ice only exaggerates this as evidenced by the WHC two years ago), over anxious, at times too aggressive with his play and his penalty discipline.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 09:39 PM
GOMEZ+DRURY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
I don't like him. He's got one heck of a shot, but defensively he's not very mobile (big ice only exaggerates this as evidenced by the WHC two years ago), over anxious, at times too aggressive with his play and his penalty discipline.

you may not like him, but im sure you would rather have him instead of ozo, rachuneck & kaspar

Old
12-13-2006, 09:52 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

No fan of Souray here. Staal, Sauer and Baranka will all compete for jobs here in the near future. The only other type of defenseman I would wantr to add to the mix is a) a significant talent upgrade (i.e. Brad Stuart) or b) another potential young stud (i.e. Brent Seabrook) Souray is a cut above journeyman.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:01 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
NThe only other type of defenseman I would wantr to add to the mix is a) a significant talent upgrade (i.e. Brad Stuart)
I agree. If you are going to sign a UFA defensman, Souray is not the first name that comes to mind. And with players like Stuart & Chris Philips becoming UFA's, if a defenseman is to be signed, I would rather it be one of them.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I agree. If you are going to sign a UFA defensman, Souray is not the first name that comes to mind. And with players like Stuart & Chris Philips becoming UFA's, if a defenseman is to be signed, I would rather it be one of them.
Scott Hannan!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:46 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Would easily be an upgrade over ANY defender on this roster, even with how well Rozsival has played lately. Yes, I'm COMPLIMENTING Rozsival.

That being said, I'd still rather go after 2 of Stuart, Hannan, or Phillips.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:53 PM
JF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
someone explain why montreal would trade him? They consider themselves contenders.
Montreal fan here. Sheldon Souray is rumoured to leave Montreal after the season because of :
1-family reasons (his young daughter lives in LA with his ex-wife, making it difficult for him and for his family) and
2-$$$$. With his production, he could and probably will ask for a lot of money. We also have Markov, Rivet, Niniimaa, Bonk and Johnson who are becoming UFAs this summer, plus we have to sign Higgins, Komisarek who are RFAs (I'm sure I forgot some more...) and could ask for a lot of money. So to resume in a few words, money will be tight this summer and we probably will lose some player(s).

It's not because we are not satisfied with him that we see him leaving, it's because of those two reasons.

I don't see him staying in the east coast if he choose to leave Montreal this summer, so it would surprises me if he was to sign with the Rangers. I think he would chose the team (who would want him) that is the closest to his daughter.

Anyway, this is just my opinion from what I heard. Nothing is set in stone.

By the way, I don't think we will trade him. We will probably lose him in the summer, but we will imo, hang on to him until then. We are probably making the playoffs, so I don't see us as sellers at the deadline.

JF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:47 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
would it send the right message that they are trading a #1 dman when they are going for the cup tho?
Souray is not a #1 defenseman.