HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Portland Pirates AHL - Phoenix Coyotes Minor League Affiliate II

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2013, 01:29 PM
PHX FireBirds18

vCash: 500
Leave Biz out. Nashville never goons it up. Dress 7 D anything less is a slap in the face of Rundblad. I don't watch every practice so he must be all over the place to not get a game. Weird how none of the young players have had much of a chance despite 3 of them having outstanding camps. Lessio deserves another look he can't provide any less than Kennedy.

Old
11-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Tuned into the game halfway through the 2nd, see Viz was pulled for the 2nd game in a row. Is it more on him or the team?

Old
11-01-2013, 11:39 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Tuned into the game halfway through the 2nd, see Viz was pulled for the 2nd game in a row. Is it more on him or the team?
UNKNOWN, but I'm wondering wht Lee's injury truly is...

nice to see Shinnimin step up as was previewed mid-week and what a surprise it was to read that Slaney got honored last night for his upcoming Hall of Fame Induction in February.

Old
11-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

^^^ Yeah, was hearing Shinnimins name every 5 seconds on the radio last night, guy was everywhere it seems. Hopefully he can keep it rolling.

Old
11-03-2013, 04:38 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Lee has a lower-body injury.... He suffered it in practice last Tuesday.

Old
11-03-2013, 02:53 PM
AndrewYotes

How has Murphy, Brown, and Lessio been playing?

Old
11-03-2013, 03:20 PM
RR

How are the picture and sound quality on AHL Live? Are they good enough to consider buying the Pirates' season broadcasts?

Old
11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
How are the picture and sound quality on AHL Live? Are they good enough to consider buying the Pirates' season broadcasts?
absolutely not, it's more of a rip-off than anything, easily, IMHO, to listen online then to see the video, RR, Jeff does get confused at times remembering which period he's in but, even better to see them live than on AHL Live.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:21 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
Lee has a lower-body injury.... He suffered it in practice last Tuesday.
I actually got that info on FB, as to why Domingue got recalled that fast, and Lee's only played 2 games.

BTW, folks, those Pink in the Rink jerseys (vs. Hartford) are still available to be bid on.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:26 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewYotes View Post
How has Murphy, Brown, and Lessio been playing?
as to be expected, Andrew, Brown, you'd think would be more of a leader based off what he did last season, maybe he will be, now w/ Miele, Szwarz, etc up there in Glendale right now, who knows how this week off hurts the rythm of games, like we did going into the 3rd gm against Hartford.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:36 PM
AndrewYotes

Lessio's stats look pretty bad. 1 point in 8 games. I expected more.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewYotes View Post
Lessio's stats look pretty bad. 1 point in 8 games. I expected more.
The pirates as a whole are playing bad hockey.

worst team in the east and second from the bottom in the ahl.

Old
11-03-2013, 11:34 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat Ultra View Post
The pirates as a whole are playing bad hockey.

worst team in the east and second from the bottom in the ahl.
Yeah... It's not good. This team can't score. They don't have anyone right now who can finish. They'll get shots on net, but no one to get to that rebound first or win those battles in the corner. They're simply being outplayed. I've begun to wonder if the players are so unhappy with Lewiston that this isn't some sort of revolt.... I know the Yotes organization are not happy, but the players had seemed to deal with it fairly well in camp when news was breaking.

Old
11-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
They're simply being outplayed. I've begun to wonder if the players are so unhappy with Lewiston that this isn't some sort of revolt.... I know the Yotes organization are not happy, but the players had seemed to deal with it fairly well in camp when news was breaking.
Its true that we have very little skill when it comes to our front end,but i don't think we should be anywhere near this bad. I think the issues could be from what is said every year.. Edwards.... but to beat that dead horse does nothing. Also as i feel like we needed to have a vet ahl capt for the team this year another part that i think could help.

Playing in Lewiston clearly would hurt the team morale... having the/one of the lowest attendance in the ahl, unsuitable arena, the drive to home games, exx.

Phx organization should not be happy nor the player. ether way they need to figure something out on and off the ice

Old
11-04-2013, 01:18 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
absolutely not, it's more of a rip-off than anything, easily, IMHO, to listen online then to see the video, RR, Jeff does get confused at times remembering which period he's in but, even better to see them live than on AHL Live.
Thanks, CHRD. You'd think charging $200 a season to watch just one team's games would get you at least a full screen standard def picture.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:14 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Thanks, CHRD. You'd think charging $200 a season to watch just one team's games would get you at least a full screen standard def picture.
yet they keep advertising every time they turn around, if I had the option it's cheaper to watch the Coyotes live there or on Fox AZ, RR, ppl have complained about Neulion, constantly, since they did a bang up job w/ Wilkes-Barre/Scranton....

I even tried it a couple of times just to get the audio feed, before Portland Pirates Radio became the key site....

as to the effort of this team, what would you expect from a collection of prospects who are in their collective rookie seasons in the AHL, that's the hand this organization's philosophy is based upon, and really, can we stop harping on the arena, what other choice is there Swat, you have multi-millions to build a 6700 seat arena in this state

Old
11-07-2013, 01:15 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Legislature introduces bill in hope of ending Pirates’ dispute
Chris Roy | Maine Hockey Journal

Quote:
PORTLAND – The Maine Legislature is getting involved in the ongoing dispute between the Portland Pirates and Cumberland County Civic Center in an attempt to end the stalemate that might bring the American Hockey League team back to the place where it’s called home for the last 20 years.
READ MORE

Old
11-10-2013, 02:36 PM
mitch27

Four goals in seven periods for Rieder. Second on the team in goals this season. I know, small sample size, but I loved the deal when it happened. Still love it now. I really think he's going to be a good offensive player for us within the next couple years.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:38 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Four goals in seven periods for Rieder. Second on the team in goals this season. I know, small sample size, but I loved the deal when it happened. Still love it now. I really think he's going to be a good offensive player for us within the next couple years.
Awesome. Glad to see he's back.

Old
11-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Desert Ice 11

vCash: 450
I know its AHL but Visentin, made 45 saves on 46 shots. On Fridays game

Old
11-12-2013, 02:17 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Pirates still focused on Portland
Chris Roy | Maine Hockey Journal

Quote:
LEWISTON – Brian Petrovek, managing owner of the Portland Pirates, called Glens Falls, New York absolutely a last resort.

Petrovek confirmed that he toured Glens Falls late last month while the Pirates were in Albany, New York for an American Hockey League game.
READ MORE

Last edited by wildcat48: 11-12-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old
11-12-2013, 02:32 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ice 11 View Post
I know its AHL but Visentin, made 45 saves on 46 shots. On Fridays game
Mike Lee demoted to ECHL. Time is running out for him. Vis has an improved SV% at .920

Be nice if he could sustain that and finish the year at .925 or higher.

Old
11-14-2013, 05:43 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Mike Lee demoted to ECHL. Time is running out for him. Vis has an improved SV% at .920

Be nice if he could sustain that and finish the year at .925 or higher.
Lee had an undisclosed injury, XX, which is why Louis Domingue was rushed up here 3 weeks ago and/or 3 hours before a game to back up Visentin, he was recalled yesterday from Gwinnett after 48 hours and 1 gm played, remember, Domingue bailed Visentin out twice in the Ice Caps double-header.

also Chris Brown left Tuesday for the Coyotes for his 2nd stint and RW Keven Veilleux, who signed in the off-season, then assigned here during Training Camp was loaned by Phoenix to the Elmira Jackals of the ECHL after playing 8 gms w/ Gwinnett.

Old
11-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Longwayfromhome
Sweden/London, UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post

also Chris Brown left Tuesday for the Coyotes for his 2nd stint ().
Heading back to portland today, must be dreadful to fly all those hours all the time.

Old
11-14-2013, 08:38 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwayfromhome View Post
Heading back to portland today, must be dreadful to fly all those hours all the time.
not really, TBH, didn't he do the same thing from Prescott Valley to Portland a year ago.

Closed Thread