HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #12|Fri., Nov. 1, 2013|Capitals at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2013, 07:52 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Seriously, sit some players. Sit Giroux and Simmonds and bring up McGinn and Rosehill. Sit Timonen and Coburn. Bring in Gervais and Mez.
How is that even possible with the cap?

Old
11-01-2013, 07:53 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Are you people serious? Show of hands, how many people DIDN'T think we'd make the playoffs this year? ALmost everyone on this board thought we would. We have a TALENTED team on paper. This is on the PLAYERS. They're underperforming and don't have any guts whatsoever.
I figured we'd fight for the 8 seed but just come up short

Old
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Dude, everyone is a big fan of the team if they post on here and for some of us hockey is really important.

If fans want to ***** and complain let them. It's not like it's not deserved at this point. The person with the complete lack of empathy to let another post vent in the face of this horrible team with three times as many losses as wins is the one being immature and childish.
I know everyone on here is a huge fan and you don't know how important this team is to me too, but there is a middle ground between apathy and childishness.

There's no problem with complaining, there's no problem with being angry, and there's no problem with venting. But there's a point when people just start to act childish. I'm not talking about most of the people who are complaining, I'm talking about a select few. Trust me, I'm absolutely furious, but I'm not going to lose my **** on here because that won't change anything.

Old
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Nobody that matters has held him accountable. A lot of the fans want him gone, but that's about the extent of it.
How do you know that no one in the organization has held him accountable, then?

If by 'being held accountable' you mean 'fired', then sure.

Garbage Goal

Quote:
Are you people serious? Show of hands, how many people DIDN'T think we'd make the playoffs this year? ALmost everyone on this board thought we would. We have a TALENTED team on paper. This is on the PLAYERS. They're underperforming and don't have any guts whatsoever.
This would be a fair enough argument if it weren't for the fact that people already wanted Holmgren fired before the season even started.

Considering the season we had last year and the fact that Holmgren arbitrarily held on to a coach that was done with us for three games as well as the preseason we had I don't think many people expected us to do much more then possibly make the playoffs.

Old
LegionOfDoom91

I am glad I'm busy & don't have the chance to watch this abortion.

It's time for Homer to go & this coming is coming from someone who's supported him more than bashed him.

Just take our licks this season, trade the upcoming free agents at the deadline, & move a player or two who's still under contract.

Next step is to hope Hextall is a good GM & hope he can have a intial splash like Homer did in his first summer.

Old
SuchySays

soo.. that ********* new beat writer was correct after all?

**** life

Old
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Expect that Schenn was on 45 point pace last year and again this year. He is still in his 3rd season.
JVR's 2nd year...44 point pace...3rd year 45 point pace.

DON"T GIVE UP ON A JUST TURNED 22 YEAR OLD #5 OVERALL PICK...especially when we are talking rebuild!
This, either stick with it and hope hope they can turn things around now,if not you still have your young guys and you can reevaluate at a latter date, or you sell off the Kimmos, Hartnell and Coburns of the group and start a rebuild. Again there is no reason to trade away a guy who has shown that he at least has 50pt a season potential at 22 cause the whole team sucks. There's just no logic to that

Old
MayonnaiseOreo
One Among the Fence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
If this continues for any long amount of time, I think that is the best way to get good again. Draft Ekblad and McDavid.
There's only a 12.5% chance we could land both of them if we finished in last place for the next two seasons. That's the worst part of it all.

Old
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
How is that even possible with the cap?
Fine. Sit Giroux and bring up Rosehill. Sit Timonen and Coburn and bring in Mez and Gill. Because you know what, if you keep going with what doesn't work, you try something else.

Old
11-01-2013, 07:54 PM
GingerFetish

Anyone have a picture of stewey in a flyers jersey putting the gun in his mouth?

Old
SgtJoseph

Quote:
I agree with this. ONLY the players can turn it around which will take leadership from within the room . Perhaps Vinnie will step up as the Alpha male and take over as the leader of this club .Folks can blame the D till the cows come home etc, its tough to win with ZERO goals or 1 or 2 goals per game which is glaring.

Last edited by SgtJoseph: 11-01-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Us here thought we would make the playoffs cause we are fans and are somewhat blind to real issues. Everyone else said we have an awful defense and wouldn't make the playoffs, guess who was right ?
The defense had been playing very well up to tonight. Problem all year has been an unforeseen inability to score goals.

Old
JVR21
G

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Us here thought we would make the playoffs cause we are fans and are somewhat blind to real issues. Everyone else said we have an awful defense and wouldn't make the playoffs, guess who was right ?
The offense has been the issue. This game has been a **** show all around but in general we can't score goals. NOBODY thought that would be a problem.

Old
moosehead81

From a defensive standpoint, this team is just not very talented. Timmonen just looked lost at the side of the net on the power play goal but, hey we're paying him $6 million this year on a NMC so can't move him even if we wanted. Beyond Giroux and maybe Read and Voracek, there's probably no-else any other team would want. Poor Claude- I wonder how long it'll be before he's Richardsed? Of course, it didn't hurt MR too much so maybe Giroux's looking forward to the same.

Old
Jtown

Luke schenn will score 7 sh goals this period. After the 7th he will rip the C patch off CLaude Giroux and lead us to a Stanely Cup

Old
11-01-2013, 07:55 PM
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Fine. Sit Giroux and bring up Rosehill. Sit Timonen and Coburn and bring in Mez and Gill. Because you know what, if you keep going with what doesn't work, you try something else.
yeah, that would work. I forgot about Gill.. do it up Berube.

i don't really care at this point.

Old
Harold Bingo
what

I'll be happy if Giroux scores.

Old
Damaged Goods

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly. By no means a flawless roster, but the players have to be held accountable for their own lack of performance, and at times, even effort.

Old
moosehead81

Quote:
I didn't, in fact I figured they'd finish 8th in their division.

Old
11-01-2013, 07:56 PM
MR28
McDavid pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
By the way, my CSN feed died right when the second period started. It's just been a black screen since then. What's up?
Run away and don't look back.

Old
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
How do you know that no one in the organization has held him accountable, then?

If by 'being held accountable' you mean 'fired', then sure.
Fans have been asking for Holmgren's head for a while now, he's had an iffy track record for a while now, and like I said literally everyone practical has been gotten rid of besides him at one point or another.

He's been given a lot more leeway then I think he deserves or deserved. That's why I think he's not being held accountable. It's not like people wanting Holmgren gone or this team under performing is a new thing.

Old
bauer

Quote:
it is on the players. but who assembled this pathetic bunch? Homer. it's obvious to everyone this team is not put together properly. lack of #1 D, poor D in general, not fast enough or mobile, no 2-way forward, no sniper... the list of issues on this team is endless, and it seems to get worse every year. yes the players are bad, but it's Homer's fault for putting together a crap team. he needs to go so Hextall can get in there and reevaluate the team and fix this mess. i don't have faith in Homer that he can do that. he creates holes, not fixes them.

Old
Tripod

Quote:
I 100% thought they would...if they played more D. They have done that, and now can't score. Such a disgrace. All I say is, ON PAPER, do we have the 2nd worst ROSTER. ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Our D certainly needs a massive re-structure. Go do it NOW. So what if it means we then run with 2 offensive lines and 2 defensive. Don't go get 1 d-man...get 2.

Old
11-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Luke schenn will score 7 sh goals this period. After the 7th he will rip the C patch off CLaude Giroux and lead us to a Stanely Cup
did Luke just get traded to Wash during the break ?

cuz thats the only way thats happening, hahah

Closed Thread