HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Around The League 2013/14 Part Deux

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2013, 07:52 PM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos

Man, the Flyers are complete garbage... If they are stupid enough to allow things to continue, I hope we take advantage of Homer's idiocy and get some trades going.
Telos, that is a real insult to respectable garbage everywhere. If I knew somebody with a discount at PetSmart I'd send the whole team monogramed flea collars.

I wish there was someway for the fans to unite and at the fist stoppage of play in the 3rd, get up en mass and walk out.

And Snider deserves to be embarrassed around the league, he created this by butchering the youth of this team every year.

How can you expect them to become a team when you don't know on any given day who the guy suiting up next to you will be? Every year, in and out, in and out, a revolving door of subpar 'grinders' or 'big guys'. Pathetic. I should be watching a 1st line of Giroux Lupol and Sharpe and a 2nd of Carter, Richards and JVR with Seidenberg on D. But thanks to Big Ed, I have this cesspool.

Had a pretty good team in 2010 that went to the SCF. and instead of tweaking to fix the weak spots (GOALTENDING) he dissected that team, only 4 players left and one of them (Coburn) won't be here much longer.

No leadership...missing in action since June 23, 2011.

And Ed isn't giving the season ticket holders, who pay ALOT for those seats , parking etc, any money back.

6-0 end of 2 ...how high would the score have been with Ovie in the lineup????

Old
11-01-2013, 07:52 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
What stalled? This is Brayden Schenn, and has been Brayden Schenn since his first preseason game aas a rookie vs the Leafs. He's inept in his own, ,loses most of his board battles, low IQ, makes bad puck decisions nightly, doesn't know how to protect the puck.
This has been his same game, he's not a player you can count esp. in critical game situations, when the money is on the line ,he shrinks.

The Flyers should have taken Phoenix up on their offer for Yandle when they had the chance.
A future Mike Richards, he is not.

Old
11-01-2013, 07:55 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
A future Mike Richards, he is not.
He's not even Irene Richards, MR's mom...

Old
11-01-2013, 07:59 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers 14m
Holmgren as stoic as ever, not sitting near anyone else in the Flyers' executive box as crowd chants "Fi-re Holm-gren" in unison.
3rd period is gonna be ugly...

And Giroux is now 17 games since his last goal...

Old
11-01-2013, 08:00 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Emery's a much different goalie when he has a weak defense in front. And not only did Downie get a Match penalty, but he's going to end up with one hell of a black eye.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
It's actually a shame. I really like the Flyers, I think Giroux is awesome, and they were really fun to watch, but this is brutal. I don't see how it is possible Homer was even allowed to start this season at the helm. Seriously, if I were Dean, I would be calling him right now and looking to see if he is ready to make some suicidal deals. I feel bad that they are locked under Snider. The future would be so bright if Hextall took the helm with an owner like AEG. It is only a matter of time before Hextall gets his chance, but will he be able to be effective under Snider?

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
11-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Joel Ward has a hat trick... LoL.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:13 PM
deeshamrock

7-0, Joel Ward with a hatrick...and a goalie fight.

Somewhere in a quiet pub in Hermosa Beach, Mike Richards and Jeff Carter with his booted foot propped off are laughing their assess off.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

I have no idea why Holtby accepted that fight.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:15 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It's actually a shame. I really like the Flyers, I think Giroux is awesome, and they were really fun to watch, but this is brutal. I don't see how it is possible Homer was even allowed to start this season at the helm. Seriously, if I were Dean, I would be calling him right now and looking to see if he is ready to make some suicidal deals. I feel bad that they are locked under Snider. The future would be so bright if Hextall took the helm with an owner like AEG. It is only a matter of time before Hextall gets his chance, but will he be able to be effective under Snider?
I don't know. Maybe if Holmgren is fired and they still suck the fans will realize who the real problem is cause they still are blaming everyone else.

Edit: Line Brawl and holy **** Emery just grabbed Holtby and started beating him. Someone should've stopped that. It was a massacre.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

That was ridiculous. What a cheap play by Emery. The referee is a joke for allowing that to happen. Holtby wanted no part of that.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Caps have to get in there, refs have to get in there. That fight should have not lasted that long.

11-01-2013, 08:25 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
Caps have to get in there, refs have to get in there. That fight should have not lasted that long.
Seriously, you can't let your goalie get pounded like that. If the ref won't stop it, do it yourself. He wasn't even letting him go down. Just grabbed him by the back of the collar and slammed him in the back of the head. I'm surprised he didn't get a concussion.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Shellz

And people wonder why I can't stand that Org. Just when you think it can't get worse. That team is only going downhill. Trading players isn't going to help. Firing Holmgren isn't going to justice. It starts at the top the attitude is where it needs to change.

And seriously Emery? You're a ****ing *****.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:34 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
No kidding, at that point who cares if you get 3rd man in.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:36 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Seriously, you can't let your goalie get pounded like that. If the ref won't stop it, do it yourself. He wasn't even letting him go down. Just grabbed him by the back of the collar and slammed him in the back of the head. I'm surprised he didn't get a concussion.
Seriously, if that was happening to Quick, 2 guys would've been all over Emery. Although I think Quick would've held his own much better that Holby

Old
11-01-2013, 08:39 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
And people wonder why I can't stand that Org. Just when you think it can't get worse. That team is only going downhill. Trading players isn't going to help. Firing Holmgren isn't going to justice. It starts at the top the attitude is where it needs to change.

And seriously Emery? You're a ****ing *****.
Sometimes I consider feeling bad for the fans, but then one of them says something about Richards and Carter having a drinking problem and I go right back to wanting them to lose. You were in the SCF 3 years ago with them. Now you can't win a game to save yourselves. Figure it out.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:44 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Seriously, if that was happening to Quick, 2 guys would've been all over Emery. Although I think Quick would've held his own much better that Holby
Lol, Quick would've shoved that punk's face into the ice. Nothing more cowardly than going after a guy who had no interest in a fight. Give me a break.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

7-0. That's just an appropriate embarrassment for all the dumb moves their GM has made.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

that was disgusting by Emery. Throw him out of the league. No place for thugs like that, since that is pretty much the definition of intent to injure. Mind you if that happened to Quick, i would hope any of our bottom 6 would immediately hop the bench and stop Emery, and just eat the 10 game suspension

Old
11-01-2013, 09:14 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

I don't know whats sadder the complete trash flyers or the soft capitals watching their goalie get destroyed and doing nothing.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:16 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

That was an absolute punk move by Emery. If you are the Caps though, you simply can't let your goalie be jumped and beat in the back of the head like that. This was an occasion where someone coming off the bench and taking a ten game suspension is worth it.

Edit: Apparently Downie and Lecavalier were both injured during the brawl and will both miss time. I hope Holtby is OK

Old
11-01-2013, 09:19 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Man what a **** of a team the flyers are. The refs didn't even help Holtby, that pissed me off. Couldn't believe that caps team didn't tackle emery off. **** emery

Old
11-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Scottkmlps

I can see the headlines tomorrow, "Holmgren fired. Hextall named GM". What a mess that organization is. They are the #1 example why an owner should not get involved in player personnel. Richards and Carter must be shaking their heads, thanking their lucky stars they're not involved in that mess.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:25 PM
William H Bonney

Flyers are an embarrassment to the NHL. When you're a completely inept organization from ownership down to the players on the ice, it's funny that they all seem surprised that they suck.

I'm so happy Toronto sent Luke Pylon Schenn to them to get JVR out of that mess. He's blossoming away from that cesspool of an organization.