HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gerber Lets In No Goals

Old
12-15-2006, 10:57 AM
A-Train in Motion

vCash: 500
Emery let in 6 goals lets start a hate thread.

A-Train in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
i think we all need to have gerber avatars to reverse the curse.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:50 AM
MHX
Hockey Makes Us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
A non bashing Gerber thread. I like it.
Me too. It's nice to see

MHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Fine.

Who exactly is available now to make the goaltending better?
Honestly no one. I think they just play it out. Fans, especially in Ottawa know that anything can happen in the pressure cooker in the spring. We've seen it happen, and everytime it has been a negative effect. Great teams playing poorly.

I kinda feel like maybe this can be the team that comes together, checks their ego at the door and plays harder than the opposition...for the first time ever. I think it's possible but then my mind wanders to the goaltending situation and my bubble bursts. You need absolute perfection in nets to win 16...that's a long shot for Ottawa this year.

Play it out, sort out the mess in the summer and start fresh. I think that's the best bet. You never really know what can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
Where we've been below average is the skaters. Our team is basically as good as the one we had last season. I still maintain that Chara's ES defensive play is the only perceptible loss. Yet, we've allowed more goals and scored less... not surprisingly, these numbers also correspond to more given up and less shots taken by a skating core that hasn't looked anything like the one we had last season (despite the similarities in the names on the back of jerseys).
I totally agree. It isn't science, it's right there when you compare the names.

That's what gives me confidence in the playoffs, especially since this team has picked up a harder working attitude [see NHL hits/shot blocking leaders list].

But....then I wander back to the goaltending situation. I like the team [skaters] but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Rico__Persson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Chili

Gerber looked good last night, he was moving very well and his focus looked spot on.

You have to wonder about the team though overall, injuries or not.

It is good to see folks focusing on the team weaknesses as opposed to pointing the finger at one or two players.

Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:31 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson View Post
You need absolute perfection in nets to win 16...that's a long shot for Ottawa this year.

I totally agree. It isn't science, it's right there when you compare the names.

That's what gives me confidence in the playoffs, especially since this team has picked up a harder working attitude [see NHL hits/shot blocking leaders list].

But....then I wander back to the goaltending situation. I like the team [skaters] but I'm not going to hold my breath.
But what I'm saying is that so far... it's been the skaters letting us down too much. If Gerber is even slightly below average over that 5 game stretch or Emery is healthy enough to replace him after the first one and plays average... our goaltending ratios are exactly the same as last season with Vezina quality goaltending for half of the season.

I think you need absolute perfection to win 16 straight games. We just need consistency to win 16 of 28 or less games (of course, there's greatness in that kind of consistency). Our team can take care of the rest if we can avoid 50 foot floaters going into our net. As long as one of these guys can get hot at the right time and the new coach figures out who it is in time, I think we can challenge with these guys. All bets are off if it's still Murray.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Heske_44

Boring, he played well for a period when the score was 6-0. I am sure Nashville was risking their lives to continue to run up the score. This has to be Emery's worst start as a goalie.....which is great after 50 or so starts. Too many flaws haha, he is 24 and the only reason the Sens can call themselves competitive this year.

I like these threads.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:50 PM
pt_mck

Seriously, Gerber should start against Buffalo. Emery's hand is still injured and needs rest. The games almost a throwaway to begin with considering where the sens are at injury-wise againsty a team like Buffalo.

pt_mck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 03:18 PM
senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt_mck View Post
Seriously, Gerber should start against Buffalo. Emery's hand is still injured and needs rest. The games almost a throwaway to begin with considering where the sens are at injury-wise againsty a team like Buffalo.

Wait a minute there. How is it a throwaway when we've beaten these guys twice before with gutsy efforts. We may get Alfie back and even if we don't, I wouldn't say we have no chance. They are still the division leader, and I think we have to go with our best every time we play them. And make no mistake, Emery is our best. He's been great with his injured wrist throughout the last stretch and I honestly don't think you can say that he gave up any really bad goals last night. There was just absolutely no defensive zone coverage. Nashville was passing the puck around unmolested and getting great chance after great chance. It's a miracle Emery stopped as many as he did. I think they will start Emery again and I think he'll play a great game. I'm not saying we'll win, but if we lose it certainly won't be for lack of effort on his part.

senility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt_mck View Post
i disagree that it's a throwaway. This is a time for adversity, and the Sens are proving that they play better against better teams.

If they could walk away with a win , or better yet a great game, that is good for their confidence.

I do agree with your comment about Emery. IF his wrist is that bad, we are not doing him any good by not resting him.

****** situation with Gerber not playing to his potential, but we have to use him and give Razar a rest - for his wrist that is.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Skid

gerber for the vezina...book it

Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:38 PM
hockeycountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
This is a time for adversity, and the Sens are proving that they play better against better teams.
As much as I'd like them to fight through adversity (and I do think they're capable of it), what happened to "proving they play better against better teams" in Nashville? And I'd count Detroit too, since Emery almost won that one single-handedly. They've barely showed up for two of the better teams in the league.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Fine.

Who exactly is available now to make the goaltending better?
roy.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Heske_44

Didn't Emery beat Buffalo twice in one week?

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 08:26 AM
MHX
Hockey Makes Us...

Yes he did. I hope he can do it again.

MHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Brembo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post
stare into the eyes of death.

Lol

Brembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
ISensFanI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Sens Go View Post
Yes he did. I hope he can do it again.
Emery gets another one

ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:50 AM
freakin

Gerber let in no goals tonight either. what a roll.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote