HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League: Torts Goes Hulk Mode

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2013, 08:56 PM
  #251
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
You really need to relax.
Pointless disconnected post of the day award. Congrats. Maybe theres some other place on the internet that requires your not asked for assessment.


Last edited by Replacement: 11-01-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:08 PM
  #252
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,347
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
Emery got named the third star of the game.

Only in Philadelphia.
For what? Keeping it to within a touchdown?

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:09 PM
  #253
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
Emery got named the third star of the game.

Only in Philadelphia.
For sure. What a clown show over there. 7-0 game and a goalie that stopped 15shots with a .700 save % in the game gets 3rd star.

NHL seriously needs to look into **** like that and a club that basically just forgets about playing hockey outright and brings the circus into town instead.

Lets not have a repeat of how the Flyers tried to ruin the game in the 70's.

Flyers are an embarrassment to the game of hockey. Again.

Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:13 PM
  #254
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post


Here's the brawl.
Looks like the ref stepped in and backed out. That was poor form too as he needed to stop that being in the position he was in and then he waves off other players as a guy gets pummeled.
He played this worse than a Wrestling ref. Oh look the other way, Emerys got the chair out...

Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:14 PM
  #255
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
For sure. What a clown show over there. 7-0 game and a goalie that stopped 15shots with a .700 save % in the game gets 3rd star.

NHL seriously needs to look into **** like that and a club that basically just forgets about playing hockey outright and brings the circus into town instead.

Lets not have a repeat of how the Flyers tried to ruin the game in the 70's.

Flyers are an embarrassment to the game of hockey. Again.
They'll need better scrappers if they want to do that.

Downie ended up concussed and Lecavalier is supposedly going to miss some time from a facial injury.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:24 PM
  #256
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
They'll need better scrappers if they want to do that.

Downie ended up concussed and Lecavalier is supposedly going to miss some time from a facial injury.
I think we can all agree its some poetic justice served. You know the NHL won't hand it out.

I am curious if Flyers or Emery are hit at all for that.

Agree with your comment on the bolded. I was just throwing that out there. But wow, around the league team boards are just disgusted with the Flyers and the Emery 3rd star award.

What a punk game they worship down there. Never change Philly.

Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:31 PM
  #257
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,164
vCash: 500
It's games like that where events unfold as such that take away credibility from the pro game and sport itself, specifically the NHL. I mean that's just complete garbage.


Last edited by Philly85: 11-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Philly85 is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:43 PM
  #258
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,347
vCash: 50
The Flyers should be heavily fined. The League should bring the hammer down on them.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:49 PM
  #259
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
The Flyers should be heavily fined. The League should bring the hammer down on them.
They should. I think some unprecedented actions are likely required and teams around the league should push for it. I'd start with looking into the Flyer coaching and management fraternity, start from there, on down the list of repeat offenders in the lineup. Plus that it is already an absolute joke how much Flyer players have got away with in the past.

Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:53 PM
  #260
Shanahanigans
Registered User
 
Shanahanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
I just wish we could see that sort of emotion from the Oilers. I'd rather have negative emotion than the passiveness and complacency from the players on this team for the past 7 years.

Shanahanigans is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:57 PM
  #261
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,347
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
They should. I think some unprecedented actions are likely required and teams around the league should push for it. I'd start with looking into the Flyer coaching and management fraternity, start from there, on down the list of repeat offenders in the lineup. Plus that it is already an absolute joke how much Flyer players have got away with in the past.
The League won't do anything though. It's no secret there are double standards at play.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 09:57 PM
  #262
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
I just wish we could see that sort of emotion from the Oilers. I'd rather have negative emotion than the passiveness and complacency from the players on this team for the past 7 years.
To their credit a lot of flyers fans aren't even feeling this way. Vast majority seem to be considering todays actions as a joke and embarrassment. Its one thing to lose on the ice and get badly beaten in the game of hockey. But to take action to discredit the sport and the league is in one word deplorable. Theres nobody around the league defending the Flyers actions.

I would never wish for something like this.

Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:00 PM
  #263
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
In other bad news Calgary scores 2 in 2nd period as Wings stand around watching and Monahan bags his 7th goal of the year.

jebus, a guy that barely scores 30 in Junior suddenly on a 45goal NHL pace. Kind of ridiculous. The bounces this kid is getting, wow.

Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:01 PM
  #264
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,347
vCash: 50
There's a difference between responding and just trying not to be completely embarrassed.

The Caps took it to them on the scoreboard so the Flyers just tried to be bullies.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:01 PM
  #265
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,347
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
In other bad news Calgary scores 2 in 2nd period as Wings stand around watching and Monahan bags his 7th goal of the year.

jebus, a guy that barely scores 30 in Junior suddenly on a 45goal NHL pace. Kind of ridiculous. The bounces this kid is getting, wow.
Just as you say that the good guys score.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:07 PM
  #266
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Just as you say that the good guys score.
I should comment on the game more often. Wake up friggen Red Wings, bury these buggers.

Oh, and tire yourself out willya..?

Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:08 PM
  #267
Shanahanigans
Registered User
 
Shanahanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Every time I watch Monohan I see nothing special. His luck will run out. TBH I think he's more a 3rd line C in his prime than 1C.

Shanahanigans is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:11 PM
  #268
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
Every time I watch Monohan I see nothing special. His luck will run out. TBH I think he's more a 3rd line C in his prime than 1C.
Yeah, its just a ridiculous string. Flames are riding some kind of weird lightning right now.
Some unlikely candidates temporarily looking like allstars. Can't see this lasting.

Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:14 PM
  #269
Nic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Pointless disconnected post of the day award. Congrats. Maybe theres some other place on the internet that requires your not asked for assessment.
*there's*

Nic is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:22 PM
  #270
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,347
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yeah, its just a ridiculous string. Flames are riding some kind of weird lightning right now.
Some unlikely candidates temporarily looking like allstars. Can't see this lasting.
Some luck too. The first Flames goal was a bounce off a red Wing that we haven't seen for a long time. We never get these bounces.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:27 PM
  #271
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,347
vCash: 50
I've watched my fair share of Flames games and they always seem to start off hot and then taper off about halfway through the game.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:28 PM
  #272
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,297
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yeah, its just a ridiculous string. Flames are riding some kind of weird lightning right now.
Some unlikely candidates temporarily looking like allstars. Can't see this lasting.
Agreed. They have been getting sub-900 goaltending as well.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:40 PM
  #273
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
*there's*
Another meaningless contribution.


Last edited by Replacement: 11-01-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Replacement is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:44 PM
  #274
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,347
vCash: 50
One team nobody seems to be talking about is Ottawa...

4-6-3 for a team many considered a Cup contender with the addition of Ryan.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
11-01-2013, 10:46 PM
  #275
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
One team nobody seems to be talking about is Ottawa...

4-6-3 for a team many considered a Cup contender with the addition of Ryan.
Sens always suck imo so no surprise to me.

Who would anybody consider these guys cup contenders?

A 40year old Alfreddson, now departed, was still leading the way on that club.

Replacement is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.