HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Lake Erie Monsters/ Denver Cutthroats Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2013, 02:34 PM
AvsfanJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Probably rolling with 3G or somebody is injured.
Or maybe we traded Jiggy jk but I wouldn't be surprised if Aittokalio was injured.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:52 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 125
Sami and Pickard split the back to back this weekend. Didn't hear any indication of injury. Maybe just rewarding Millan's play and giving him a start in Lake Erie? They don't have roster limits in the AHL, right? Wasn't Roy pretty high on Millan?

Old
10-30-2013, 02:00 PM
waltdorholt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
So in general, the CHL and ECHL exist for the same purpose.

How much do these guys get paid? It seems like they'd have to work another job on the side.

And if they're AA, are there even lower level (A) minor-pro leagues?
I heard they make about $10 an hour. Some of the top players can get special priveledges apparently, to sweeten the pot. But they arent making much money. And they all have arm candy girlfriends

Old
10-30-2013, 02:01 PM
waltdorholt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Sami and Pickard split the back to back this weekend. Didn't hear any indication of injury. Maybe just rewarding Millan's play and giving him a start in Lake Erie? They don't have roster limits in the AHL, right? Wasn't Roy pretty high on Millan?
MIllan just got sent up this week. He's been a rock for Denver so far. I assume Patterson will be in net tonight for the Fish.

Old
10-30-2013, 02:06 PM
waltdorholt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
So in general, the CHL and ECHL exist for the same purpose.

How much do these guys get paid? It seems like they'd have to work another job on the side.

And if they're AA, are there even lower level (A) minor-pro leagues?
A lot of players come from junior teams in Canada, unsigned kids I suppose. Some are former college players that havent been drafted, etc. I dont think there is any pro level below AA CHL/ECHL/WHL and the like.

Old
10-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdorholt View Post
A lot of players come from junior teams in Canada, unsigned kids I suppose. Some are former college players that havent been drafted, etc. I dont think there is any pro level below AA CHL/ECHL/WHL and the like.
There are other semi pro leagues like the SPHL and FHL. Below that are high level men's rec league where you might not get a paycheck but if you're lucky you might get gear and free travel.

Old
11-01-2013, 03:09 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Tommi Kenttä ‏@tommikentta 1 min
#NHLfi RT Norfolk's John Gibson named AHL's top goalie for October. Went 3-1-2 with one shutout, 1.44 GAA and.953 SV% #NHLDucks
seems to be adjusting pretty well. man ducks are deep in goal.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
seems to be adjusting pretty well. man ducks are deep in goal.
It's going to suck playing this guy, but as an American man will it be sweet to see him wearing red, white and blue. He's going to be a stud.

Old
11-01-2013, 07:38 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Sounds like Hishon left the Monsters game.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:20 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
It's going to suck playing this guy, but as an American man will it be sweet to see him wearing red, white and blue. He's going to be a stud.
and another 34 save shutout tonight.

lol.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:36 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Yes Hishon left the Monsters game. There wasn't any update and I wouldn't expect much from Lake Erie. I heard the first and third of that game. I don't know if it's the AHL or what but the Monsters are never 5 on 5. It's usually penalties either way. They scored 3 garbage time goals to almost come back. Sami and Sgar didn't play due to injuries. DVG played his first game back from injury.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:43 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Yes Hishon left the Monsters game. There wasn't any update and I wouldn't expect much from Lake Erie. I heard the first and third of that game. I don't know if it's the AHL or what but the Monsters are never 5 on 5. It's usually penalties either way. They scored 3 garbage time goals to almost come back. Sami and Sgar didn't play due to injuries. DVG played his first game back from injury.
Based on your ears, what is going on? Monsters offensive game should easily have beat Thomas M. for at least a point. How about defensively?

Old
11-01-2013, 11:11 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

It was Grand Rapids so thought they were a tough match? Goalie definitely made some good saves. Monsters special teams are both good. Always create shots on PP and since they spend half the game on PK it's good for what it is because they can kill off some huge ones. GR scored 3 PP goals in the second, that killed the game. GR got two empty net goals, I don't know why the second one wasn't credited as such. Monsters scored two goals in the last two minutes. It's the penalties that kill Lake Erie and to me it sounds like they give up a ton of rushes trying to be aggressive offensively. It usually doesn't sound like a breakdown or turnover rush the other way but more the other team taking a rebound and going all the way the other way. I know you all will be surprised to hear Hunwick gaffed on one goal, I think the first one. Elliott moves the puck well and shoots all the time, I'm sure this isn't a huge surprise. Someone I really like is Colin Smith. I liked him in training camp so I'm trying not to be biased but his name gets called a lot and he's always making plays. His stats may not be that impressive (two assists tonight though) but he could easily have more goals and assists. It seems like he got more ice time after Hishon went down though I think he stayed on a line with Olver. I know Smith is tiny but boy is he gifted. I hope he can somehow translate that to an NHL game someday. Also seems like Lake Erie plays smarter with a lead and can hold it but tied or especially down its just total fire wagon hockey plus an insane amount of PP and PK time. I think they agitate so much that they get the other teams to take penalties but Lake Erie tries to play too physical sometimes. They got a boarding penalty one minute into the game tonight. I hope that explains it?

Old
11-01-2013, 11:33 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
It was Grand Rapids so thought they were a tough match?

Goalie definitely made some good saves. Monsters special teams are both good. Always create shots on PP and since they spend half the game on PK it's good for what it is because they can kill off some huge ones. GR scored 3 PP goals in the second, that killed the game. GR got two empty net goals, I don't know why the second one wasn't credited as such. Monsters scored two goals in the last two minutes. It's the penalties that kill Lake Erie and to me it sounds like they give up a ton of rushes trying to be aggressive offensively. It usually doesn't sound like a breakdown or turnover rush the other way but more the other team taking a rebound and going all the way the other way. I know you all will be surprised to hear Hunwick gaffed on one goal, I think the first one. Elliott moves the puck well and shoots all the time, I'm sure this isn't a huge surprise. Someone I really like is Colin Smith. I liked him in training camp so I'm trying not to be biased but his name gets called a lot and he's always making plays. His stats may not be that impressive (two assists tonight though) but he could easily have more goals and assists. It seems like he got more ice time after Hishon went down though I think he stayed on a line with Olver. I know Smith is tiny but boy is he gifted. I hope he can somehow translate that to an NHL game someday. Also seems like Lake Erie plays smarter with a lead and can hold it but tied or especially down its just total fire wagon hockey plus an insane amount of PP and PK time. I think they agitate so much that they get the other teams to take penalties but Lake Erie tries to play too physical sometimes. They got a boarding penalty one minute into the game tonight. I hope that explains it?
I was talking about the whole story, but thanks for the info!

Old
11-04-2013, 08:36 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

I'm going to keep this a bit short because of a couple of reasons:

A) The majority of Wichita Thunder (Central Hockey League team) fans are obnoxious, annoying, and don't know anything about hockey

and

B) There were only 2 or 3 Avs/Monsters players playing last night.

I took in the Wichita Thunder vs. Denver Cutthroats hockey game last night. Denver won by a final score of 3-2.

Kent Patterson was the starting goaltender and Michael Schumacher played on what I believe was the 1st line, because he seemed to get a lot of ice time.

Patterson didn't have to make a lot of hard saves, the 2 goals he let in I blame more on his lack of defensive help than anything he did wrong. The first goal was on the PP, the Thunder scored within 15 seconds. Somehow a man was left alone pretty much right on the doorstep and he was able to get it flipped up over Patterson's shoulder. That tied the game at 1-1.

The second goal came at ES and this was just a poor, poor defensive zone breakdown that led to one of the best Thunder goal scores being left all-alone on Patterson's left side, he was not super in tight on him, but close enough that he had plenty of time to pick his spot, he shot and Patterson got some of it but it fluttered through. That one I'd say that Kent would want to have back, but the lack of Defensive help was atrocious (the man seriously had about 3-5 seconds to sit there and decide where to shoot).

In the 3rd period the Cutthroats scored 2 quick goals, with Lee Moffie (who I think is on an AHL contract right?) being credited with the GWG.

Schumacher looked alright in my opinion, didn't get on the scoresheet, but didn't make any glaring, horrible mistakes either. He could be better in the Defensive zone, but he isn't god-awful. He's definitely a big guy with a bit of a labored skating stride it looks like. He has some good hands, nearly got a goal but the pass was in his skates and he was able to dig it out while being hounded by a Thunder defenseman, but when he got it out he was in a bad-angle area so he shot it on net looking for a rebound.

Schumacher is young enough that I'd like to see him get a bit of a look in the Avs prospect pool, I think he can get to the AHL, and then maybe even one day crack an NHL squad as a Bottom-6 player, but to do so he'll have to be more willing to use his frame and be a bit better defensively.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
Old
11-04-2013, 11:06 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Great info Rocks!

Old
11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
AvsfanJack

Not sure where to put this, but Spencer Martin was just named OHL Player of the Week. Pretty bad***

Old
11-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Foppa Frossa

So what do the D pairings look like in LE now?

Old
11-04-2013, 09:54 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Seems like they switch around a lot during game but something like:

Strollery-Hunwick
Siemens-Elliott
Lauridsen-Tam

I've heard Elliott play up a lot and Siemens with Tam too. I imagine Barrie will play with Stollery now.

Old
11-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Foppa Frossa

Quote:
Seems like they switch around a lot during game but something like:

Strollery-Hunwick
Siemens-Elliott
Lauridsen-Tam

I've heard Elliott play up a lot and Siemens with Tam too. I imagine Barrie will play with Stollery now.
I meant with Hunwick out and Barrie in. Maybe they just take each other's spot.

Old
11-05-2013, 10:07 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Yeah I think so, seems like Barrie takes Hunwick's spot.

Old
11-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Hunny was playing with Elliott intermittently too, specifically on the PP. I doubt they use both Barrie and Elliott together though, so there will be some changes there I'd assume.

I really hope Barrie being on the roster doesn't cause Elliott to lose opportunities to grow his game.

Oh and Schumacher has a nice stat line in the CHL, anyone seen him play?

Old
11-05-2013, 10:47 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Hunny was playing with Elliott intermittently too, specifically on the PP. I doubt they use both Barrie and Elliott together though, so there will be some changes there I'd assume.

I really hope Barrie being on the roster doesn't cause Elliott to lose opportunities to grow his game.

Oh and Schumacher has a nice stat line in the CHL, anyone seen him play?
Post #165

Old
11-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Skating Tripods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa Frossa View Post
So what do the D pairings look like in LE now?
Going to the game tonight. I'll try to let you know before I have too many $2 beers.

Old
11-07-2013, 05:56 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 50
I see Olver has 8 points in 9 games, along with 28 PIM. Our little ball of hate is doing his job down there.

Closed Thread