HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Tonight should be very telling

Old
11-02-2013, 08:23 AM
SgtJoseph

vCash: 500
Tonight should be very telling

Tonight's game will be more than a game in my view. After the blood letting and a$$ kicking that surely embarrassed our proud organization, it will be quite telling as to how the lads are going to come out and play....I am not even talking about whether we win or lose, i am talking more about winning battles everywhere on the ice, in the corners, out front, on Offense, Defense, etc. If a club loses but gives a great effort there is no shame in that . But when a club loses because of lack of heart, hustle and lack of a warrior spirit, there is no excuse for that and said players should be shamed . Go Flyers !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:49 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Right or wrong in what happened, Emery at least went all-in putting the calling card in the table. The team has to make it look like its worth taking all the heat. If the Flyers quit again tonight, it says more about them tonight than last night.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Garbage Goal

The team has already said enough about themselves.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Gert B Frobe

Regardless of their effort level tonight - they're just not a disciplined enough team.

3 - 0 loss. Bet on it.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:54 AM
JustJim

I'll watch them tonight, just as I've been watching them since 1967, but I don't expect much from them. Last night they were pathetic. The brawl was a tantrum. Will the captain ever do anything that leads this team into anywhere but the cellar?

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
i dont have a good feeling playing the Devils. I hope the Flyers come out with a lot more energy and crispness like they displayed in the first period against the Ducks, but the Devils usually play well and we'll be going against Jagr and Brodeur, two of our biggest enemies for 20 years.

I'm excited for the game though, as I am for every game, but I don't think we can expect much after last night's 'effort'.

Cyborg LeClair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:14 AM
healthyscratch

In case no one is reading last nights post game thread anymore, here is a Max Talbit quite on his new team, while referencing his old one:

"It was fun, exciting," Talbot said. "I liked the atmosphere where even though they came back 2-2 in the third, the bench was just even keel. We just didn't panic and went for it. That's the feeling of a winning team, a team that's confident, a team that plays with a little bit of a spark, and it was a good feeling."

Pretty much confirming what we already know about this spineless bunch.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
In case no one is reading last nights post game thread anymore, here is a Max Talbit quite on his new team, while referencing his old one:

"It was fun, exciting," Talbot said. "I liked the atmosphere where even though they came back 2-2 in the third, the bench was just even keel. We just didn't panic and went for it. That's the feeling of a winning team, a team that's confident, a team that plays with a little bit of a spark, and it was a good feeling."

Pretty much confirming what we already know about this spineless bunch.
When your team is 11-1, of course you're going to feel confident that you can always win. Roy has turned them into winners because he is a winner.

We don't have confidence because we're currently one of the worst teams in the league and it was like that from the very beginning of the season.

Cyborg LeClair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Regardless of their effort level tonight - they're just not a disciplined enough team.

3 - 0 loss. Bet on it.
Mental discipline is down the tubes. The second the Caps scored that first goal they completely dissolved.

11-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Mota

I am really curious to see if all of that craziness last night was really an emotional push back or if it was just a stunt pulled because of upper management pressure.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:47 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Mental discipline is down the tubes. The second the Caps scored that first goal they completely dissolved.
I don't know what feed you had, but the Cap's feed did a great job highlighting when the Flyers lost their composure. It wasn't the first goal, it was a jawing incident just before that in front of the Flyers net between Latta (spelling?) and elder Schenn. Even at the next faceoff, you could just see that they forgot about playing the game and wanted to just get at someone. What an indictment of where this team is mentally at this point.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I don't know what feed you had, but the Cap's feed did a great job highlighting when the Flyers lost their composure. It wasn't the first goal, it was a jawing incident just before that in front of the Flyers net between Latta (spelling?) and elder Schenn. Even at the next faceoff, you could just see that they forgot about playing the game and wanted to just get at someone. What an indictment of where this team is mentally at this point.
Yeah I had the Caps feed and for a bit Caps radio, and Caps radio made it really clear that the Flyers skaters were collapsing and disintegrating more than the Caps were playing great. They also made it clear that Mason and Emery basically had zero shot at success, it being them against the world.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:02 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Same old story, go up 2-0 against Anaheim while dominating the first period, as soon as it's 2-1 they fold like a bad poker hand. Mental midgets and scared to death.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

They were once really good at comeback games and mental fortitude. I guess two seasons with an increasingly failing system and coach and the worst goalie in the NHL has a way of scooping out your soul.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:40 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
They were once really good at comeback games and mental fortitude. I guess two seasons with an increasingly failing system and coach and the worst goalie in the NHL has a way of scooping out your soul.
The 2011-2012 team was a never say die group. Sadly, it was basically the same group that now has the mental strength of a battered puppy.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Garbage Goal

I'd say this is similar to how the Flyers hold up mentally:

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I am really curious to see if all of that craziness last night was really an emotional push back or if it was just a stunt pulled because of upper management pressure.
Stunt? Are you serious? please

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:25 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
they are more fragile confidence wise then any Flyer team of recent memory. it doesnt take much to break whatever confidence going into a game they have. Everyone knows it to. I bet the Caps knew they had the game won when it was 2-0.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:38 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Flyers never beat the Devils, Fail!

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:44 AM
flybynite77

I don't believe Giroux's ability to be a "Captain" to have any impact on how I view him as a player and continuing to be a Philadelphia Flyer.

Everytime someone criticizes Giroux as a Captain you get a knee-jerk response of "Oh here we go. Wanting to chase a guy out of town again." I want Giroux here. I don't want him traded... but I want to know. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CLAUDE GIROUX?

That epic...legendary...whatever adjective of praise you want to heave upon it, shift in the 2012 playoffs against Pittsburgh is the very definition of what you want a Captain to be. That happened less than 1 and a half years ago. Where has that Claude Giroux gone?

flybynite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:57 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Expecting anything more than the Flyers laying another egg is wishful thinking.

11-02-2013, 12:03 PM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynite77 View Post
I don't believe Giroux's ability to be a "Captain" to have any impact on how I view him as a player and continuing to be a Philadelphia Flyer.

Everytime someone criticizes Giroux as a Captain you get a knee-jerk response of "Oh here we go. Wanting to chase a guy out of town again." I want Giroux here. I don't want him traded... but I want to know. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CLAUDE GIROUX?

That epic...legendary...whatever adjective of praise you want to heave upon it, shift in the 2012 playoffs against Pittsburgh is the very definition of what you want a Captain to be. That happened less than 1 and a half years ago. Where has that Claude Giroux gone?
Maybe file a missing person report? We must find Claude Giroux!

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Snotbubbles

I'm ready to blow this thing up. Everyone is on the table. They need to be really bad for a couple years to get more high end talent.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 0
Tonight we will see if last night was the beginning of the End

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote