HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

3 trades we should make

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Yizee*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Please. Let a division rival spend an asset to get Roenick. He's helping no one with his play, his grossly diminished ability, his increasingly crappy attitude, and his perpetual injuries. I'd love to see the Islanders surrender a 2nd rounder for him.

McCabe? Meh. Good player not great and not worth the trading price.

Tucker? Several teams will vie for him. This team shouldn't be looking to get into bidding wars for 2nd line players, no matter their grit. I like him well enough but it would entirely depend on the price tag.

I say whatever the price for Darcy Tucker we pay for it - even if it's a prucha and a first rounder - every year we have these guys like Hollweig, Sandy McCarthy, Matt Barnaby, Chris Simon and so on - and they are always the top favorite among players on the Rangers - so why should the price only be steep for a scorer when it seems the fans like the gritty players more? I say we pay the price and get Tucker

Old
12-15-2006, 02:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Thread closure in 3...2...

Old
12-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizee View Post
I say whatever the price for Darcy Tucker we pay for it - even if it's a prucha and a first rounder - every year we have these guys like Hollweig, Sandy McCarthy, Matt Barnaby, Chris Simon and so on - and they are always the top favorite among players on the Rangers - so why should the price only be steep for a scorer when it seems the fans like the gritty players more? I say we pay the price and get Tucker
I want Tucker in NY as much as anyone on here but he's not worth Prucha and a first rounder. One thing for sure, Slats offers that package Tucker is a Ranger because Toronto would have to be stupid to turn it down.

Old
12-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Pizza

I borrowed this post from Kusand over in Birdland. It sums up my feelings on all these trade proposals pretty nicely.

Kusand:

3-way trade.

Rangers send Orr, Prucha to Pitt.
Pitt sends Malkin to Washington.
Pitt sends Crosby, Staal to NYR.
Washington sends Ovechkin to NYR.

I think this is doable.

Old
12-15-2006, 03:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired