HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal loses to Minnesota: No Excuses? 3 Discussion Questions in OP

Old
11-02-2013, 06:18 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Not everyone
Not everyone FOR SURE. But the majority in here was not only against the idea but was calling him THE IDIOT.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Ceux de Montreal
help

So we still havent lost a game by more than one goal have we?

Hope MT ''rest'' Bouillon tommorow

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque
White - Leblanc - Parros

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 06:47 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
i fail to see how we lost the game because of therrien's 'poor coaching' and line matchups when we were the visiting team. the 4th line shat the bed big time, that's all it was

and pk is on again. called it

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Lshap

- I love people imagining that Patrick Roy would've been our magic solution. Really now... one month of Roy in Colorado does NOT equal Scotty Bowman, especially if you place Roy amongst the fans and media of this frikkin crazy city. Chill out y'all.

- Leblanc is looking good. Hope the kid can keep up the energy.

- Three of our forward lines created lots of chances. Good on Harding for a great game we easily could have won.

- The Geneva Convention specifically has a clause forbidding the excessive use of Desharnais for torture. Expect Therrien to get a visit from UN inspectors.

- If we're going to crap the bed on defense, at least make it a learning experience and have Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn in the game.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i fail to see how we lost the game because of therrien's 'poor coaching' and line matchups when we were the visiting team. the 4th line shat the bed big time, that's all it was

Matchups, yes. Ice time, no. There is no logic in handing Desharnais 17:24 of ice time. It is unacceptable. "Here's some scissors, kid, now keep running around the house until something happens". The line generated chances, yes, but thanks to Leblanc's desperate energy.

Old
11-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Lshap

Bouillon achieved a whole new level of irresponsible last night. Painful to watch. But I have to believe the guy has pride and will be on the Avs' forwards like a bedbug tonight. He's not as bad as we just witnessed. I mean, how could he be?

Old
11-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Kriss E

Quote:

Come on buddy. I consider you a veteran poster. Maybe you had plenty to drink tonight and didn't pay particular attention, but how does a 4th liner play less than 5min and yet gets caught allowing 3 goals? If that's not the opposing coach schooling you on match ups, then what is?

Galchenyuk was hands down our best forward tonight, yet he's the least used top 9 forward. Explain that..

Why is DD playing as much as Plekanec until the dying seconds?

Why is Bouillon right back on the ice after making a gross mistake that lead to the 4th goal? We all know that PK would have been completely criticized if it were him doing that mistake. Where's the adjustment from Therrien? Did you notice anything different from our team from period one, to two, to three?

The 4th line is also a player selection from the coach. I mean, we all know Parros can't play hockey. Why was he inserted? Let's not pretend like the 4th line was better with him instead of Holland.

What adjustments did Therrien make in order for us to counter the opponent better?
Actually, when's the last time you saw Therrien do an in-game adjustment? Where you saw the team play a certain way, go to the locker room for intermission, come back and play completely different due to adapting to their opponent?

Therrien seems like a really chill and nice dude. I'm sure that, away from the game, if he was still a panelist, I would see him in the bars in the old port like I did with Gagnon or Bouchard, he'd be real cool and I could have a chat with him.
But right now, he's just not handling his team right.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Bouillon achieved a whole new level of irresponsible last night. Painful to watch. But I have to believe the guy has pride and will be on the Avs' forwards like a bedbug tonight. He's not as bad as we just witnessed. I mean, how could he be?
He is.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Not sure why this is Subban's fault. He pinched yes, but White covered, had the puck on his stick and gave it away.
Tough to justify a pinch when it's White (or Blunden, or Parros) covering you. Not a wise move on Subban's part. Aside from that, he played a great game.

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Wildbeliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Galchenyuk was hands down our best forward tonight, yet he's the least used top 9 forward. Explain that..
I don't know if this fully explains why Galchenyuk has 2 minutes less of ice time than his linemates, but I noticed a few times where the rest of his line would come on and Bourque stayed on the ice longer than he should (either his own choice or he couldn't get back). So less time for Chucky.

Also noticed that Galchenyuk is often the first of his line to go back to the bench. Not sure why, if he's just more disciplined about his shifts or gets winded easier.

Wildbeliefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Wildbeliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
Tough to justify a pinch when it's White (or Blunden, or Parros) covering you. Not a wise move on Subban's part. Aside from that, he played a great game.
Yeah that was a bad decision by Subban. Overall he was his usual good self, but pinching when the 4th line is out isn't worth it.

At best what happens? He pinches, keeps the puck in and hopes the elite scoring prowess of the 4th line pulls a goal out of their hat?... Not worth the risk.

Wildbeliefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:21 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Come on buddy. I consider you a veteran poster. Maybe you had plenty to drink tonight and didn't pay particular attention, but how does a 4th liner play less than 5min and yet gets caught allowing 3 goals? If that's not the opposing coach schooling you on match ups, then what is?

Why is Bouillon right back on the ice after making a gross mistake that lead to the 4th goal? We all know that PK would have been completely criticized if it were him doing that mistake. Where's the adjustment from Therrien? Did you notice anything different from our team from period one, to two, to three?

The 4th line is also a player selection from the coach. I mean, we all know Parros can't play hockey. Why was he inserted? Let's not pretend like the 4th line was better with him instead of Holland.

What adjustments did Therrien make in order for us to counter the opponent better?
Actually, when's the last time you saw Therrien do an in-game adjustment? Where you saw the team play a certain way, go to the locker room for intermission, come back and play completely different due to adapting to their opponent?

Therrien seems like a really chill and nice dude. I'm sure that, away from the game, if he was still a panelist, I would see him in the bars in the old port like I did with Gagnon or Bouchard, he'd be real cool and I could have a chat with him.
i understand what you're saying and i know therrien is not all that good a coach in game situation but the 4th line getting smoked like this is on the players, not so much matchups. the fourth line is there to give rest to other players and they are not supposed to get smoked like they did last night, they are supposed to hold their own defensively at the very least.

he gets last change, the other coach will put his best line against our worst so what the 4th line is supposed to do is change as soon as possible. they were just flatout terrible tonight

i don't know why parros was dressed. can't remember but does minny have a tough guy? you know i don't like goons in the first place so w/e

as for dd's icetime, the only reason i can see is that he is trying to get him going. i see dd right now as being in a sort of terrible slump and if he gets going it's good for the team and ups his value if it comes time to trade him. the hustle is there, the effort is there, not much else though... sorry, it's the only explanation i can come up with

Old
11-02-2013, 08:47 AM
pcamp

Quote:

After the first time MT put 4th line on and Wild put Pominville Granlund, he should have adjusted.. You just put the 4th line as soon as Pominville gets off hes not gonna jump right back in

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:03 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Matchups, yes. Ice time, no. There is no logic in handing Desharnais 17:24 of ice time. It is unacceptable. "Here's some scissors, kid, now keep running around the house until something happens". The line generated chances, yes, but thanks to Leblanc's desperate energy.
Bourque and Desharnais also played well and Leblanc wasn't the only one generating scoring chances on that line. The logic behind handing Desharnais's line that icetime is mainly due to the fact that our 4th line couldn't be relied upon and was given practically no icetime. Sure, they could've given more icetime to Plekanec or Eller's line, but that's not THE reason we lost the game.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
1. Another Subban pinch, another goal against
2. MT is a moron
3. 4th line?? wow they should just play 3.

I don't think you realized how often Subban pinches in a game successfully. Seems the couple times puck gets past him, the covering forward can't be more than a pylon.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
There was nothing wrong with PK's pinch, White was in position and Markov was in the right spot. The fact is White made a horrible play on the puck and Markov got beat because of his footspeed.

Blaming that on PK is looking for an excuse to side iwth the coach.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
There was nothing wrong with PK's pinch, White was in position and Markov was in the right spot. The fact is White made a horrible play on the puck and Markov got beat because of his footspeed.

Blaming that on PK is looking for an excuse to side iwth the coach.
Totally agree. People are asking why you would pinch with the 4th line on, but if you check everyone's positioning before you do, anything to help the 4th line maintain pressure longer in the offensive zone is a good thing. The fact that we maintained possession after the pinch justifies PK's aggressive decision, and had the rest not played out like it did it would have turned out to be a rare good shift for that line, and possibly set up the 1st line with an offensive zone faceoff at least.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs play under a handicap because they don't ice 12 NHL forwards and 6 NHL Dmen. Some players remind me of space junk. They float in space and don't do anything useful but pose a menace to functioning satellites.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:00 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Habs play under a handicap because they don't ice 12 NHL forwards and 6 NHL Dmen. Some players remind me of space junk. They float in space and don't do anything useful but pose a menace to functioning satellites.
Haha ironic that our most useless players are the size of space junk

oh you

Old
11-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
****ing Bouillon dumbass mother****er!

Why was he on the ice with Markov instead of Subban on the last goal?

And you would think Therrien would get the picture when Parros is -2...but nooo he has to roll 4 line like this is late season and the division is clinched.

Amateur ass coaching.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:40 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
****ing Bouillon dumbass mother****er!

Why was he on the ice with Markov instead of Subban on the last goal?
Subban had just played, and he can't play every single shift. This is such a stupid complaint to make.

Yes Bouillon is a terrible, terrible defenseman, yes he was totally at fault for at least two GA -- but he's on the roster and in the lineup, he's going to get playing time some way or another.

The blame is on the GM for assembling such a sorry defensive squad, and partly on Therrien for his whack-ass defensive scheme.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Finally, someone understands the gravity of the situation.

Old
11-02-2013, 12:44 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Agreed, we need a french guy to save us from the french guy who keeps over playing these god damn french guys!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:06 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I hate to say it, but I wouldn't blame PK if he ever signed an offer-sheet for another team.
No worries. If it comes down to PK vs Therrien, Therrien is ****ing toast. And Therrien knows this.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:08 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
I always defended Roy and always will
Let's see what Roy does when the Avs have a 6 game losing streak and major injuries before we crown the guy the next Scotty Bowman, OK? Unbelievable.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote