HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Downie (concussion) is probable (Nov. 12); Raffl (flu); Newbury sent to AHL (Nov. 10)

Old
11-02-2013, 02:11 AM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 500
Huge kudos to Volpatti for stopping after Downie said whatever it was he said.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:07 AM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsj1994 View Post
Caps fan here

I hope downie and lecavalier are okay...they didn't deserve the injuries.
I also feel the same way.

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 06:30 AM
MsWoof

No news on Downie?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 06:33 AM
Don Nachbaur 26

Sheesh, can this season get any worse?

Don Nachbaur 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Whale Mingo

I don't understand the "bad luck" mentality of the Flyers fan base???? You have a GM who thinks he's playing Xbox and just randomly bringing in players before the start of the season(s) with no apparent plan whatsoever and it continues to not work out, hmmm.

Now you bring in a guy like Downie and got EXACTLY what you paid for in a guy who did exactly what he was brought in to do and got hurt in the process, hmmmm.

That crowd could not have been happier during that mess last night, which was only slightly less embarrassing than the Pens/Islanders game a couple seasons ago.

Also, why no talk of Emery's behavior?

Bad luck??? I'm not so sure.

Whale Mingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:00 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale Mingo View Post
I don't understand the "bad luck" mentality of the Flyers fan base???? You have a GM who thinks he's playing Xbox and just randomly bringing in players before the start of the season(s) with no apparent plan whatsoever and it continues to not work out, hmmm.

Now you bring in a guy like Downie and got EXACTLY what you paid for in a guy who did exactly what he was brought in to do and got hurt in the process, hmmmm.

That crowd could not have been happier during that mess last night, which was only slightly less embarrassing than the Pens/Islanders game a couple seasons ago.

Stop saying "you" like the fans have any control over personnel decisions. Thanks for the lecture though.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

Last I checked fighting was still a part of the game. Funny how these things work out, but if whoever doesn't drop the gloves and go after Simmonds, the whole thing probably doesn't happen. It was literally the only thing the fans could cheer for, the team finally showed some emotion.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Whale Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Stop saying "you" like the fans have any control over personnel decisions. Thanks for the lecture though.
Bad use of pronouns on my part, but I think my point is still valid.

That being, I don't think the problem is bad luck, I think the problem rhymes with "Holmgren".

Whale Mingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:07 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:

There is not an arena in the NHL that the fans would have reacted any differently watching that line brawl ! You can try and spin it as though only in Philly the fans would get excited about that..........The Flyers have had a tough go of late and the folks were excited to FINALLY see a little fire in their bellies..........nothing more !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 08:12 AM
JustJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
well, hartnell didn't fall down that much... it's a start
I saw that he had a haircut. Big deal, what he should do is cut his NMC, and get the hell out of here!

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:

Your fanbase would have been just as pumped up if your team had as horrific a start as the Flyers have, were getting blown out, and finally showed some fight, either literal or on the scoreboard.

ANY fanbase would have been pumped. So you can and should drop the condescending "holier than thou" garbage. Especially since you belong to a fanbase that defended Matt Freaking Cooke, one of the dirtiest players in the league. Your **** stinks just as much as any other fanbase.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 11-02-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:38 AM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

I wish they'd say what Downie's condition is - this is scary stuff, and as Flyers fans especially, any concussion related injury should and does scare the living bejeebus out of us.

Downie's fight was about the only thing that was done right last night, from what I saw and have read.

Hope he's going to be okay.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

I agree with those who react on Emery's behavior, that was more like an assault. Get rid of him.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:06 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2151
Philly Daily News within the last 10 minutes:

Quote:
Steve Downie was still in Pennsylvania Hospital as of last hour. No comment so far from Flyers this morning.
Source: Frank Seravalli, Philadelphia Daily News (Nov. 2, approx. 11:05 a.m.)

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:18 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m

Quote:
Not sure what's already out there but sounds as tho PHI's Vinny Lecavalier will be sidelined at least a couple of weeks. Injured in fight.
Well fudgecakes.

chinatown81592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:21 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2151
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m
There is a road trip in the middle of the month which concludes the 15th. Next game is Nov. 19 which starts a home stand.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:22 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
There is a road trip in the middle of the month which concludes the 15th. Next game is Nov. 19 which starts a home stand.
Thanks for the info MSE.

chinatown81592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:22 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
You gotta wonder if the players didn't like Talbot being traded..kind of like the way the team responded when they traded Upshall to send a message. Now Downie could be lost for a good amount of time....it's just one debacle after another. Moreover, Downie had no business with that fight....shows you how being a loose canon can come back to bite you. One thing for sure..Talbot was not stupid like that. Probably why Roy made the trade...didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of trying to rein him in like Tocchet said is occasionally needed.
I have no problem with Downie fighting there, Volpatti could've hurt Read.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:26 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I agree with those who react on Emery's behavior, that was more like an assault. Get rid of him.
I think everyone is overreacting to it. If Holtby had turtled and Emery had kept pounding him through a referee it'd be a different story. And he may have ignited a fire in this team. We'll see tonight.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:30 AM
SuchySays

dear god.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:35 AM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
I think everyone is overreacting to it. If Holtby had turtled and Emery had kept pounding him through a referee it'd be a different story. And he may have ignited a fire in this team. We'll see tonight.
If that had been another goalie (who IS a fighter) pounding on Mason (who is not a fighter and who had no interest in fighting), would you have a problem with it?

I love goalie fights. That wasn't a fight.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:42 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
If that had been another goalie (who IS a fighter) pounding on Mason (who is not a fighter and who had no interest in fighting), would you have a problem with it?

Exactly, Holtby did nothing that showed me he wanted to fight. This was assault, nothing more.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:46 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post

"No interest in fighting"

What about the part where he was trying to throw punches? He didn't turtle, so the ref didn't step in. Period.

And no, if Mason didn't clearly turn him down and turtle, I wouldn't have a problem.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:56 AM
GarretWillhelmThe3rd

I saw Holtby throw a couple punches so he did not turtle. Its' a man's game..this kind of stuff happens. Hopefully this ignited a spark.

GarretWillhelmThe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:04 AM
SuchySays

they grappled. Holtby threw 2 weak punches. slipped then got his ass beat unmercifully.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote