HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is there any player currently in the NHL you would trade Toews for?

Old
11-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Salvaged Ship

vCash: 500
Is there any player currently in the NHL you would trade Toews for?

Was thinking about this today, and there is not one single player I personally would trade him for.

Crosby - Crosby to me is not the leader Toews is and is one good hit from another concussion and a long layoff. No

Ovechkin - Great player but can't get his team out of the first round. He is missing something in my mind. No

There may be a few more talented offensive players but when you factor in leadership, defense, intangibles, and just a great guy and role model I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Reserve space for his statue outside the UC, he better stay a Hawk for life. Captain Serious!

Salvaged Ship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:52 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
You'd rip the heart and soul out of a team making a dynasty run. No. Nyet. Never.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:58 AM
BobbyJet

[QUOTE=Salvaged Ship;73682047]Was thinking about this today, and there is not one single player I personally would trade him for.

Crosby - Crosby to me is not the leader Toews is and is one good hit from another concussion and a long layoff. No

Ovechkin - Great player but can't get his team out of the first round. He is missing something in my mind. No

There may be a few more talented offensive players but when you factor in leadership, defense, intangibles, and just a great guy and role model I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Reserve space for his statue outside the UC, he better stay a Hawk for life. Captain Serious![/
QUOTE]

Exactly. If I had a crystal ball that could guarantee Crosby will play concussion free for his career ..... I'd have to think about it, then say no. He is the glue that makes this team what it is.... and doubt even Crosby could match what Jonny has done and will do to lead this team. Ovy, not even close.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Salvaged Ship

Toews is already my favorite Hawk of all time and my second favorite player next to Gretzky.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:54 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Don't consider myself to be a JT fanboy by any means, but even if we could trade Toews and Crosby back at like 4m for 8 years or some nonsense I wouldn't do it. He's the heart and soul of this team, and it will be a sad sad day when he's done with the Blackhawks.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

I'd trade him for a healthy Crosby. That's pretty much it.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

Crosby.

Kaner Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Sarava

No. There's a lot of players that are better players. But the Hawks have their formula for being the best team in hockey and it starts with Toews.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:42 PM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Coffee View Post
Crosby.
why ? even if he's (?) better player.Hawks won recently 2xSC with Toews, 0 with Crosby.No reason for such trade.

ModryJazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Easton Modano Curve

I'd think about a straight up deal for Crosby, but in the end I wouldn't trade anyone for Toews.

I think the more interesting question is who would other teams give up for Toews straight up? Would Pitt offer Crosby or Malkin? Would Caps offer Ovie? Would Tampa offer Stamkos?

Easton Modano Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:11 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos
Not a chance with Malkin or Stamkos, but probably Crosby if his health was guaranteed. This is not to say I necessarily think Toews is better than those two, I just think the damage to the chemistry of the team would outweigh what they would bring.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton Modano Curve View Post
I'd think about a straight up deal for Crosby, but in the end I wouldn't trade anyone for Toews.

I think the more interesting question is who would other teams give up for Toews straight up? Would Pitt offer Crosby or Malkin? Would Caps offer Ovie? Would Tampa offer Stamkos?
None of those teams would offer those players in my opinion.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:23 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarava View Post
no. There's a lot of players that are better players. But the hawks have their formula for being the best team in hockey and it starts with toews.
pulease.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Salvaged Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Not a chance with Malkin or Stamkos, but probably Crosby if his health was guaranteed. This is not to say I necessarily think Toews is better than those two, I just think the damage to the chemistry of the team would outweigh what they would bring.
Unfortunately the health of Crosby is a part of it. He seems like a ticking time bomb to me with his concusion history. Malkin and Stamkos will get more points than Toews, but they don't have that "it" factor than Jonny has in my opinion. Maybe its just the case that Toews is perfect for us while on other teams there may be better fits.

Old
11-02-2013, 01:29 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Well, yeah anything would damage team chemistry badly - that's why I wouldn't want to trade him at all. But value-wise those are the only three if we had to trade him. They're also the only three players in the league I think are better than him (d-men and goalies included).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
Unfortunately the health of Crosby is a part of it. He seems like a ticking time bomb to me with his concusion history. Malkin and Stamkos will get more points than Toews, but they don't have that "it" factor than Jonny has in my opinion. Maybe its just the case that Toews is perfect for us while on other teams there may be better fits.
Well Toews has a concussion history himself - he's had at least two in the NHL and three before he got to the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
No. There's a lot of players that are better players. But the Hawks have their formula for being the best team in hockey and it starts with Toews.
Who are these players? I'd say Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos (and I know not everyone would agree with me on the second two) but after that I can't think of any better players.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Crosby, obviously. He is the best player the league has seen in a long time.

"Team dynamics" would take a backseat. I don't think Kane, Sharp, Hossa, etc. would be crying too hard being forced to play with an ever so terrible player like Crosby.

Just Crosby, though. Not Ovechkin's biggest fan, and nobody is on the same level after them.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:39 PM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton Modano Curve View Post

If you are going by hfboards standards, other fanbases would not trade Tavares, Giroux, Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Subban, Karlsson, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber and Hall( I have heard all these names at one time or another)

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

The logical choice would be Crosby after that there's no one especially since Crosby is the only player that is as young and accomplished as Toews.

Even then in last years playoffs Crosbys team gets swept and scores 2 goals in 4 games where as Toews leads the Hawks to 3 straight wins and another Cup after being down 2-1 in the series against Boston. Toews just has that innate quality to will a team over any obstacle.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
The logical choice would be Crosby after that there's no one especially since Crosby is the only player that is as young and accomplished as Toews.

Even then in last years playoffs Crosbys team gets swept and scores 2 goals in 4 games where as Toews leads the Hawks to 3 straight wins and another Cup after being down 2-1 in the series against Boston. Toews just has that innate quality to will a team over any obstacle.
I understand we're all Hawks fans, so I can see the natural bias towards our own guy, but really? Relying on vague, unquantifiable things like "innate quality to will a team over any obstacle?" I've never been able to buy reasoning like that. If Toews had some incredible quality like that, the Hawks would never lose playoff series. Toews would always just "will" them to victory. But they have lost plenty with him on the team - so why give him credit for an (admittedly very good) comeback and diminish Crosby for a bad series? Toews has had plenty of bad series... he had more bad ones than good ones even just this past spring.

For comparison's sake, Crosby has "led" his team back from a 2-game deficit in a playoff series as well, and that was against a much better version of the Wings than the Hawks faced last year.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Nope

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post

Given all the concussion issues with Sid ,, Rather keep Toews (Even with his own history)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Not mentioned...but if I HAD to trade him, it wouldn't be for a Crosby, Ovechkin, or Malkin. If you told me I was only going to get one player back and one only, I'd probably go for Tavares. Someone that can score, whose still on the upswing, gets respect from those playing around him for more than just his ability to score and hasn't had any major time lost to head injuries or anything else chronic...

That'd be my pick.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:02 PM

Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares I would take over Toews.

The premise of this thread - that Toews is the best player in the world - is just, well, not right.

42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Minowaman

There is nobody in the league I would trade for Toews for. Crosby's health issues have to be taken into consideration and that makes it a deal breaker.

Minowaman is offline   Reply With Quote