HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fri., Nov. 1, 2013|Capitals 7 at Flyers 0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2013, 09:50 AM
  #301
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,409
vCash: 500
Newly acquired Avalance Max Talbot on his new team, with reference to his old one:

""It was fun, exciting," Talbot said. "I liked the atmosphere where even though they came back 2-2 in the third, the bench was just even keel. We just didn't panic and went for it. That's the feeling of a winning team, a team that's confident, a team that plays with a little bit of a spark, and it was a good feeling."

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:50 AM
  #302
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanwasaSlovak View Post
I heard there were some riots, assaults etc.

Watched the video and saw a normal line brawl. I don't get it, aswell as the whole Scott/Kaleta-threads.

I simply don't understand whats the big deal is about it, they get there penalties and boom, problem solved. But people actually want to imprison or ban these players for life.

I don't get it and i'm from Sweden.
Emery literally skated across the whole rink to jump another player who had no interest in fighting and didn't instigate anything in any way. It's not that hard to grasp. Beyond that, Holtby has no fighting experience and is a far worse fighter then Emery.

People say that it would be stupid to charge Emery for assault, but that's what would happen if what he did occurred on the street instead of a professional level.


Last edited by Garbage Goal: 11-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:56 AM
  #303
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 30,675
vCash: 500
isnt this the type of game that gets people sacked? yet Homer still has a job.

__________________
10 feet on the west side is 10 feet on the east side.
Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:02 AM
  #304
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 18,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
isnt this the type of game that gets people sacked? yet Homer still has a job.
I am shocked he still has a job, this proves he will never be fired under Senile Snider.

Those Talbot quotes sure say a lot about this team make I as well.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 10:22 AM
  #305
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
isnt this the type of game that gets people sacked? yet Homer still has a job.
Mind blowing isn't it?

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:48 AM
  #306
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Emery literally skated across the whole rink to jump another player who had no interest in fighting and didn't instigate anything in any way. It's not that hard to grasp. Beyond that, Holtby has no fighting experience and is a far worse fighter then Emery.
Plus you normally see a goalie fight after everyone else on the ice is already fighting. There was ONE fight going on when Emery skated the length of the ice.

I love fighting in hockey but that wasn't a fight it was an attack.


Last edited by bungle: 11-02-2013 at 11:55 AM.
bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:20 PM
  #307
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
isnt this the type of game that gets people sacked? yet Homer still has a job.
The Flyers(Snider) will never fire "their own" Holmgren will step aside when hes ready. Sometimes loyalty gets in the way of things.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:42 PM
  #308
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,013
vCash: 500
just when you thought last season was as bad as it gets, it gets worse.

Trade everyone.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:44 PM
  #309
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy
 
jabba2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
A fight wasnt going to motivate this team. Why even bother.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:35 PM
  #310
bauerhockey02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
What Emery did may not have been acceptable but what I don't see getting talked about much is how the fighting all started after Simmonds made two good clean hits and then the Capitals went after him. This is something that seems to happen a lot anymore in the NHL. Does anyone else have a problem with how players cant seem to take good clean hits anymore? I understand fighting after a bad hit but a lot of the time anymore it seems like after a big clean hit a fight is started. The sad thing in last nights game is that the two hits just prior to the fights weren't even that big of hits.

bauerhockey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 01:56 PM
  #311
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauerhockey02 View Post
What Emery did may not have been acceptable but what I don't see getting talked about much is how the fighting all started after Simmonds made two good clean hits and then the Capitals went after him. This is something that seems to happen a lot anymore in the NHL. Does anyone else have a problem with how players cant seem to take good clean hits anymore? I understand fighting after a bad hit but a lot of the time anymore it seems like after a big clean hit a fight is started. The sad thing in last nights game is that the two hits just prior to the fights weren't even that big of hits.
I love that Simmonds was still playing, just for the sake of having something positive to say, I'll throw that out there. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy the Simmonds was already keen to do it before Simmonds even made that check. Apparently Simmonds had been running his mouth quite a bit before that, and we all know how he plays.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:03 PM
  #312
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Are we really happy that Simmonds finally showed up for a shift in the third period? Where the hell was he for the rest of the game? He sure wasn't covering his man when he was supposed to. I'd much rather give accolades to a guy like Downie who fought a guy who hit one of our guys than to Simmonds for suddenly waking up at 7-0 down.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:03 PM
  #313
bauerhockey02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I love that Simmonds was still playing, just for the sake of having something positive to say, I'll throw that out there. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy the Simmonds was already keen to do it before Simmonds even made that check. Apparently Simmonds had been running his mouth quite a bit before that, and we all know how he plays.
That is very true about Simmonds but this whole fighting after a clean hit is an ongoing thing. I actually remember it happening a number of times in a preseason game I watched which coincidentally involved the Capitals (I forget the other team). It is something I have seen mentioned a couple times on NHL Network. Just something I have a problem with. It seems like players can't take a clean check anymore without needing to fight afterward.

You made a good point about Simmonds though. He does run his mouth A LOT and is almost always willing to drop the gloves.

Edit: The preseason game took place on 9/23

bauerhockey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:29 PM
  #314
sabremike
Registered User
 
sabremike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
On one hand what Emery did was a total bullsh*t move. On the other, I found the whole thing a hilarious tribute to my beloved Danbury Trashers (google the name). I'm such a horrible person.

sabremike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:58 PM
  #315
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Are we really happy that Simmonds finally showed up for a shift in the third period? Where the hell was he for the rest of the game? He sure wasn't covering his man when he was supposed to. I'd much rather give accolades to a guy like Downie who fought a guy who hit one of our guys than to Simmonds for suddenly waking up at 7-0 down.
Well, to be fair it's more like where the hell has he been all season?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:02 PM
  #316
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,843
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I didn't get to see this one live, unfortunately. I saw a replay of the fights but what sparked it? I'm assuming something to do with Downie's injury?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the replay. Damn, that looks like he got poppsed right in the 'ol eyeball.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:04 PM
  #317
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,780
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I didn't get to see this one live, unfortunately. I saw a replay of the fights but what sparked it? I'm assuming something to do with Downie's injury?
Simmonds and Tom Wilson got into a fight, and Ray Emery decided he was going to be dick and go jump the other goalie. No more, no less. Downie had nothing to do with it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:04 PM
  #318
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I didn't get to see this one live, unfortunately. I saw a replay of the fights but what sparked it? I'm assuming something to do with Downie's injury?
Simmonds was steam rolling people and somebody jumped him.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:05 PM
  #319
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I didn't get to see this one live, unfortunately. I saw a replay of the fights but what sparked it? I'm assuming something to do with Downie's injury?
Downie got injured fighting.

They fought because we were getting blown out and shutout and our team sucks. They were all frustrated so they basically said "**** it, let's punch some people". Obviously I'm kidding a bit but it was just them being frustrated.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:10 PM
  #320
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm
 
Legion of Gloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Titicaca
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,221
vCash: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Emery literally skated across the whole rink to jump another player who had no interest in fighting and didn't instigate anything in any way. It's not that hard to grasp. Beyond that, Holtby has no fighting experience and is a far worse fighter then Emery.

People say that it would be stupid to charge Emery for assault, but that's what would happen if what he did occurred on the street instead of a professional level.
Well this is not the street, so get over it. With your logic every cross check is assault with a deadly weapon. Holtby threw the first punch and the second punch.

Legion of Gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:15 PM
  #321
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Goon View Post
Well this is not the street, so get over it. With your logic every cross check is assault with a deadly weapon. Holtby threw the first punch and the second punch.
There's some classic delusion. Acting as if it's Holtby's fault he got jumped.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
  #322
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm
 
Legion of Gloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Titicaca
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,221
vCash: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
There's some classic delusion. Acting as if it's Holtby's fault he got jumped.
Who said that?

Legion of Gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:25 PM
  #323
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Can't believe people are still whining about Emery.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:26 PM
  #324
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Also can't believe Homer still has his job.

This coming from a Homer supporter.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:41 PM
  #325
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,843
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Simmonds and Tom Wilson got into a fight, and Ray Emery decided he was going to be dick and go jump the other goalie. No more, no less. Downie had nothing to do with it.
I'm all for that. Getting their ***** kicked that bad, why not pound in some faces?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.