HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2013, 01:46 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
Just wanted to stop by and say how jealous I am that you guys got Fasching in the fourth.

At this point Gopher fans are pretty blown away with how good he is and how well he skates for a kid his size. We were expecting nothing even remotely close to what he's provided considering how he slipped last year and the lack of consistency he showed for the USNDTP. He's probably been the best player in a loaded freshman class, he looks like a first round pick out there.
Thank you for the update! I've been wanting to catch Fasching, but I don't get DirectTV

Does he play in all situations (PP, PK)? Is he using his size?

Thank you for any feedback!

Old
10-28-2013, 01:46 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Just wanted to stop by and say how jealous I am that you guys got Fasching in the fourth.

At this point Gopher fans are pretty blown away with how good he is and how well he skates for a kid his size. We were expecting nothing even remotely close to what he's provided considering how he slipped last year and the lack of consistency he showed for the USNDTP. He's probably been the best player in a loaded freshman class, he looks like a first round pick out there.
Thanks for the update. So far so good,.

I wasn't as high on the kid as others like cnshockey, but I always liked the kids heart and work ethic after reading about the affliction his siblings have. He's a really grounded kid. I just questioned if he had any offense to his game, I assume other teams did as well which is why he slipped.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Thank you for the update! I've been wanting to catch Fasching, but I don't get DirectTV

Does he play in all situations (PP, PK)? Is he using his size?

Thank you for any feedback!
He plays on the top PP unit and does a great job as the big body on that line but he doesn't get any PK time. The Gophers have four experienced forwards that they typically rely on on the PK but I'm sure he would do a fine job there if called upon.

He really does use his size well though, I was at the game today and he had two of the biggest hits of the game and he just missed lining up Gaudreau. He also had a nice little shoving match with his former teammate Steve Santini at the end of a period.

Old
10-28-2013, 01:29 PM
hangons

Kings prospects at the best hockey college

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

#1 Hudson Fasching (6 games 8 points)
#5 Paul Ladue
#9 Brodzinski, Gravel, Dowd (Dowd 3 goals in 4 games)
#13 Mersch (4 games 5 points)
#14 Lowry (2 games 4 points)

Did I miss anyone?

Old
10-28-2013, 01:56 PM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangons View Post
http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

#1 Hudson Fasching (6 games 8 points)
#5 Paul Ladue
#9 Brodzinski, Gravel, Dowd (Dowd 3 goals in 4 games)
#13 Mersch (4 games 5 points)
#14 Lowry (2 games 4 points)

Did I miss anyone?
2 of those 3 goals were shorthanded by the way.

Old
10-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Prokhorkin with 2 assists in a 5-2 loss against Kovalchuk's team. He and Morozov (if anyone remember him) were the only two being + for the game.

Prokhorkin is 9+6 in 22 games so far.

Old
10-29-2013, 01:00 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
Prokhorkin with 2 assists in a 5-2 loss against Kovalchuk's team. He and Morozov (if anyone remember him) were the only two being + for the game.

Prokhorkin is 9+6 in 22 games so far.
Do they give two assists per goal, or just one?

Old
10-29-2013, 01:29 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Two.

Old
10-29-2013, 02:44 AM
hangons

Hudson Fasching goal and then gets face mask stuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwOIHBcoX-s

Old
10-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
That's amazing. Leading CSKA Moscow in scoring with 15 pts in 22 games; as a 19 year old!!

When looking at points in the KHL, I like to multiply the totals by 1.5. Usually low scoring and some good forwards never hit 20 points there. Plus he has 23 PIM.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...050392014.html

Last edited by Peter James Bond: 10-29-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old
10-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
He plays on the top PP unit and does a great job as the big body on that line but he doesn't get any PK time. The Gophers have four experienced forwards that they typically rely on on the PK but I'm sure he would do a fine job there if called upon.

He really does use his size well though, I was at the game today and he had two of the biggest hits of the game and he just missed lining up Gaudreau. He also had a nice little shoving match with his former teammate Steve Santini at the end of a period.
Thanks for the update, Jaykay. We wanted to see Hudson at the rookie camp, but he was training for the USA Wrld Jr Team. (I think that's what it was)

Hudson was ranked to be a possible 1st Rounder, the start of last season. I was surprised he last until rd 4. He's having an unreal start to his college career. At this rate, he won't be there 4 years.

Old
10-29-2013, 11:52 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Thanks for the update, Jaykay. We wanted to see Hudson at the rookie camp, but he was training for the USA Wrld Jr Team. (I think that's what it was)

Hudson was ranked to be a possible 1st Rounder, the start of last season. I was surprised he last until rd 4. He's having an unreal start to his college career. At this rate, he won't be there 4 years.
If I recall correctly, Hudson missed rookie camp because he was taking summer classes at UMinn.

Old
10-29-2013, 11:59 PM
CNS
A World Alone

You cannot attend camp as a college player unless you pay your own way there, which most college kids do not do as they are committed to playing the upcoming season. If a college kid decides to go pro early, he does it at the end of the year so he can sign his contract and have his way paid to camp.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:04 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Hudson could not attend development camp due to summer school.

Old
10-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post

That's what I'm worried about

The main reason he slipped in the draft was due to the lack of consistency he showed last year. Some people have speculated that was because he was away from his family and wasn't fully able to focus on his hockey career because he is such a family-oriented guy and left home at a relatively young age. I think you're really seeing the level of play he's capable of when he's fully focused on the game, and it sure is a joy to watch.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:43 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Zykov has 19 Points and is a +13. Does this choad not see the power play or
Did he get his kings tarnish at camp?

Old
11-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Alex Roach is being returned to the WHL.

Old
11-01-2013, 03:53 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
Zykov has 19 Points and is a +13. Does this choad not see the power play or
Did he get his kings tarnish at camp?
He gets a lot of powerplay time.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:06 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Alex Roach is being returned to the WHL.
Link? Don't doubt it, would like to see the reasoning. Was he just not doing well in the ECHL?

Old
11-01-2013, 05:44 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Link? Don't doubt it, would like to see the reasoning. Was he just not doing well in the ECHL?
Well he was at least returned to the Monarchs yesterday.

http://echl.com/echl-transactions-oct-31-p188223

I guess that would be step one to returning him to the WHL.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:

3 games, 3 assists and a +4. Pretty dang decent stats for a guy being moved back to the WHL. I'm assuming that is a demotion of sorts.

Old
11-02-2013, 03:12 PM
as15

Kevin Gravel gets dangled pretty bad on this play. He scores a goal later in the game to make up for it, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZBJF...ature=youtu.be

Old
11-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by as15 View Post
Kevin Gravel gets dangled pretty bad on this play. He scores a goal later in the game to make up for it, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZBJF...ature=youtu.be
Happens to the best of them. Went for the puck instead of playing the man. Another question would be, what was the goalie doing down on that goal? Should've stayed upright and hugged the post.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Highlights from this weekend for St. Cloud. Has Gravel's goal, a Dowd goal and a nice play from Brodz to help set up another.

Friday's Game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5M3wboNbI

Saturday's Game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGNe5edMTkk

Old
11-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:

i've been able to catch two Gophers games so far. it's difficult to gauge Fasching so far, because he is the proverbial 'man playing with boys'. the kid towers over at least 60% of his opponents. his size alone is going to help him create space to play in and create opportunity.

what i have seen though and very pleased with is his IQ and skating. his reads on what will develop and where he goes has been very good. he scored a goal one game from reading where the puck was going to be and moving there. the result was play away from the opposing D for the loose puck and essentially walking off the back wall to the net. he had a similar play in the other game like this, but didn't score.

his skating for a big kid is fairly fluid and has some decent wheels. his skating now is closer to Nolan and Clifford than King, which is a very good thing. in fact i think he has a better stride and agility than any of them except for Nolan. the off season work that Clifford put in and the weight loss of Nolan have done a lot to help their skating.

i haven't noticed much when it comes to his physical play. he plays the body but i haven't seen any noteworthy hits. he seems to play angles most of the time and grinds his target out, rather than lining up the big hit. imo it's a better use of energy, because he keeps momentum and knocks guys off the puck.

so far a very promising prospect. it's going to be interesting to see where Fasching and Mersch end up for LA. both are big kids that appear so far to fit the LA mold, but have more O upside compared to current players.

Closed Thread