HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Players Should be Traded and Not Traded

Old
11-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Cuiff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
so Giroux sucks now because of a bad 12 game stretch? one where he's coming off a hand injury and had no training camp?

good to know. glad you aren't the GM.
Overrate and sucks are two different things....man people on this board are thick headed

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:56 PM
bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli View Post
Overrate and sucks are two different things....man people on this board are thick headed
you called him garbage, saying we should trade him but no one wanted him. sounds like the same thing to me.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
you called him garbage, saying we should trade him but no one wanted him. sounds like the same thing to me.
Read the whole thread if you can . ..I referred to him as good numerous time. I called him garbage to make a point and yes id trade him if we could get some value in return in order to start rebuilding. ... Thick headed. ..

Last edited by Cuiff: 11-02-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old
11-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Cuiff

As I said before, I'm done wasting time on that topic. Regardless there is little talent in this teams core, excluding G for the sake of continuing that BS. I vote trading whatever we can for picks and prospects. REBUILD IT!!!

Old
11-02-2013, 04:51 PM
SuchySays

lol at this thread

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Tripod

Quote:
They can't....no one wants them!...guys were arguing in circles and manipulated numbers. We will have to let this play out to see whose right (me) . Enjoy the season and marvel as superstar G saves the team because nothing I say or show you will change you mind. Just know this....real 25 year old superstars don't go from 93 points in a season to looking lost and lazy in 2 years and be a real franchise player.
Hey, have ever heard of that Ovechkin guy? Heard he is pretty good.
09-10 109 points...72 games
10-11 85 points...79 games
11-12 65 points...78 games
last year 96 point pace and MVP

Bet they are happy they didn't trade that guys who was starting to decline! Hmmm, you seem like a Jagr fan.

00-01 121 points
01-02 79 points...69 games...93 point pace
02-03 77 points in 75 games
03-04 74 points in 77 games
04-05 lockout
05-06 123 points

This is just to show you that even GREAT PLAYERS can have bad years. Sometimes, even in a row. But sure, let's trade the only player we have that is capable of getting a PPG.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Tripod

Quote:
As I said before, I'm done wasting time on that topic. Regardless there is little talent in this teams core, excluding G for the sake of continuing that BS. I vote trading whatever we can for picks and prospects. REBUILD IT!!!
nothing says rebuild like traading away 5 top 8 forwards who are 25 years old and under!

Old
11-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
It's amazing that this non-talented core managed to be one of the premier offenses in the league just 2 years ago.

...or maybe they actually have talent.

11-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It's amazing that this non-talented core managed to be one of the premier offenses in the league just 2 years ago.

...or maybe they actually have talent.
Explain the last 2 years?

Old
11-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
nothing says rebuild like traading away 5 top 8 forwards who are 25 years old and under!
Especially when the majority of them are overrated..

Old
11-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Cuiff

My god...you are all aware that they are going to miss the playoffs for a second season right? My god your all right. We should stand pat. So much talent! Lol!!!

Last edited by Cuiff: 11-02-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old
11-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
My god...you are all aware that they are going to miss the playoffs for a second season right? My god your all right. We should stand pat. So much talent! Lol!!!

You think at this point, trading half the roster will magically turn them into a playoff team? What moves do you realistically think will get made that will magically turn this team around?

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Cuiff

Quote:

You think at this point, trading half the roster will magically turn them into a playoff team? What moves do you realistically think will get made that will magically turn this team around?
I know your not dumb!! I am calling for a rebuild because this core is not talented enough. Much like pitt did in the early 2000's. I never said the trade would...never mind...im done..smh

Old
11-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
I know your not dumb!! I am calling for a rebuild because this core is not talented enough. Much like pitt did in the early 2000's. I never said the trade would...never mind...im done..smh
They JUST rebuilt. When you rebuild, you don't tear it completely apart and do it again the moment the core hits some struggles, or you would be rebuilding eternally.

Old
11-02-2013, 06:40 PM
LegionOfDoom91

My head hurts from reading some of the comments on here, if we are playing like this at the deadline then trade all the upcoming UFA's to the highest bidders, & wait till the offseason for anything further but nothing too drastic maybe move a guy like Coburn or Hartnell if you can.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Jray42

vCash: 50
If there's a taker for Timonen at the deadline and Kimmo decides to waive, I'll be ecstatic.

Hartnell I wouldn't miss, but everyone else should stay (Minus Meszaros, of course). Can't trade EVERYBODY.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
They JUST rebuilt. When you rebuild, you don't tear it completely apart and do it again the moment the core hits some struggles, or you would be rebuilding eternally.
Usually id agree with you but I don't see the talent many of you see in Simmer, both Schenns, Coots, Gus, and others. I believe this current rebuild was a fail. I know we cant trade everyone but no one should be off limits!

Old
11-02-2013, 11:14 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Usually id agree with you but I don't see the talent many of you see in Simmer, both Schenns, Coots, Gus, and others. I believe this current rebuild was a fail. I know we cant trade everyone but no one should be off limits!
If you can't see the talent in Couturier at least, then I'd have to question whether you understand what you're watching.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
If you can't see the talent in Couturier at least, then I'd have to question whether you understand what you're watching.
Slow down. Has he REALLY displayed that many flashes of skill this year? I know we all want to like the kid, and I do (based on his rookie year), but he's been underwhelming. Not a single play from this year jumps to my mind and makes me go "whoa, serious skill." Cool, he's pretty responsible defensively. That's great. He also loses board battles, fumbles the puck away, makes errant passes, and isn't a plus skater. I get that he's still 20 and bigger players can take longer to put it all together, but let's not act like he's flashing crazy talent on the regular.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Tripod

Quote:
B.Schenn is almost at the exact same ppg as JVR at the same age. See what happens sometimes when you are impatient? Too bad you can't see that the past 2 seasons, Simmonds had 28 goals then paced 27 last year. Couts is 3rd in points from his draft year. Gus is filler.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Radivojevic View Post
Slow down. Has he REALLY displayed that many flashes of skill this year? I know we all want to like the kid, and I do (based on his rookie year), but he's been underwhelming. Not a single play from this year jumps to my mind and makes me go "whoa, serious skill." Cool, he's pretty responsible defensively. That's great. He also loses board battles, fumbles the puck away, makes errant passes, and isn't a plus skater. I get that he's still 20 and bigger players can take longer to put it all together, but let's not act like he's flashing crazy talent on the regular.
He was making some impressive plays in the offensive zone tonight, actually.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
He was making some impressive plays in the offensive zone tonight, actually.
Ehhh. I think we tend to overdo it anytime he does anything that resembles an offensive play because of how rare it is. He didn't lose the puck on a few board battles and he made a couple passes that actually found a teammate's stick.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:34 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
He's not flashing offensive talent on a regular basis. Ok? His proficiency without the puck and players like him are invaluable to successful teams. If you mistake the ability he has to read plays and shutdown other players as being outside of the realm of visible talent then I don't know what to tell you. He's easily the best defensive forward on the team. If that isn't showing something as a 20 year old, then I'm not sure what is.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
He's not flashing offensive talent on a regular basis. Ok? His proficiency without the puck and players like him are invaluable to successful teams. If you mistake the ability he has to read plays and shutdown other players as being outside of the realm of visible talent then I don't know what to tell you. He's easily the best defensive forward on the team. If that isn't showing something as a 20 year old, then I'm not sure what is.
Like I said, that's cool. Everyone liked Talbot due to his defensive/PKing ability, yet his trade for Downie is viewed almost universally as a steal. Exclusively providing defensive ability is only so valuable.

It's much easier to find defensively responsible forwards than it is to find scoring.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Ehhh. I think we tend to overdo it anytime he does anything that resembles an offensive play because of how rare it is. He didn't lose the puck on a few board battles and he made a couple passes that actually found a teammate's stick.
You don't need to be flashy to be capable offensively; Jeff Carter isn't flashy, and he's generally good for 35 goals. He has reliably held the puck in the zone all season, and his line is the only line that can really claim that. There's a reason he leads the team in GFON/60. He has set up quite a few good chances for himself (like the rest of the team he misses the goddamned net ), and he's set up a lot of chances for others that weren't capitalized on.

If this team weren't in a massive, pervasive funk where formerly good players have even forgotten how to shoot, he would have good numbers. He's been doing things right. He's been making plays.