HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames Out Scoring Oilers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2006, 05:30 PM
  #76
Andre Boudrias
Registered User
 
Andre Boudrias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
for what it matters the flames have 4 goals already tonight and have chased Luongo and Fernandez in back to back games
You cant really blame Luongo for letting those goals in. The defence on that game was crap. Letting Iginla and Lombardi walk in your goalie is never a good sign.

Andre Boudrias is online now  
Old
12-14-2006, 07:41 AM
  #77
OntOilFan
Registered User
 
OntOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Calgary is a better hockey team than Edmonton. It's barely debateable. Oiler fans in denial make the rest of us look bad.

I hate the Flames more than anything, but even I can admit they are a superior team, slow start aside. It's becoming clear that they're a class ahead of the Oil.

OntOilFan is offline  
Old
12-14-2006, 07:48 AM
  #78
abracanada
Registered User
 
abracanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
The Flames need to show they can win on the road before they can claim they are a class above anybody.

abracanada is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 12:12 AM
  #79
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
Calgary is a better hockey team than Edmonton. It's barely debateable. Oiler fans in denial make the rest of us look bad.

I hate the Flames more than anything, but even I can admit they are a superior team, slow start aside. It's becoming clear that they're a class ahead of the Oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
The Flames need to show they can win on the road before they can claim they are a class above anybody.
Good call.

I agree the Flames are a better team, but the Oilers have more game breakers. The Flames have the best team in the division, all thing being equal. But all thingas are not equal over this long season.

Oilers without Hemsky and Smyth are still holding on to 1st place in the NW. Lets see how the rest of the teams in this division deal with their upcoming adversity this year.

Oilers are not a class below any team in the NW. These are 2 very good teams.

Back on topic, any of you guys willing to put cash on the Flames having more goals than the Oilers at seasons end?

Cawz is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 12:15 AM
  #80
MrMastodonFarm*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post

Back on topic, any of you guys willing to put cash on the Flames having more goals than the Oilers at seasons end?
No sir.

Like I said at the beginning of the season, the Flames will be mid to late teens in terms of goal scoring this season, I think the Oilers will be above that. That still holds true.

But it's fun to see.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 12:22 AM
  #81
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
No sir.

Like I said at the beginning of the season, the Flames will be mid to late teens in terms of goal scoring this season, I think the Oilers will be above that. That still holds true.

But it's fun to see.
Ha.

Ya, the Flames are outscoring the Oilers and the Oilers are winning the season series. Quite the difference from recent years.

Cawz is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 02:43 AM
  #82
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
Good call.

I agree the Flames are a better team, but the Oilers have more game breakers. The Flames have the best team in the division, all thing being equal. But all thingas are not equal over this long season.

Oilers without Hemsky and Smyth are still holding on to 1st place in the NW. Lets see how the rest of the teams in this division deal with their upcoming adversity this year.

Oilers are not a class below any team in the NW. These are 2 very good teams.

Back on topic, any of you guys willing to put cash on the Flames having more goals than the Oilers at seasons end?
would you cound mutiple injuries on the blueline and your top 2 penalty killers being hurt as adversity?... cause Hamrlik hurt his groin tonight... its hard to say when he will be back... hopefully it wont be very long... but Zyuzin has been out 2 times with a groin problem... and warrener has a hurt knee once again

Lunatik* is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 01:39 PM
  #83
dubya
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
would you cound mutiple injuries on the blueline and your top 2 penalty killers being hurt as adversity?... cause Hamrlik hurt his groin tonight... its hard to say when he will be back... hopefully it wont be very long... but Zyuzin has been out 2 times with a groin problem... and warrener has a hurt knee once again
I would say that counts, if they all miss a bunch of games. Now we just have to see how things for for the Flames over the next 8 games (if they're all out). That said, the Oil are without arguably their best PKer and their two best offensive forwards....kinda like Yelle, Iggy, and Lankow/Tanguay being out for 6-10 games at the same time.

dubya is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 01:59 PM
  #84
Southern Oil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
would you cound mutiple injuries on the blueline and your top 2 penalty killers being hurt as adversity?... cause Hamrlik hurt his groin tonight... its hard to say when he will be back... hopefully it wont be very long... but Zyuzin has been out 2 times with a groin problem... and warrener has a hurt knee once again
I would say that yes it counts as adversity but we were talking about goal scoring here so it is hardly fair to suggest that losing your best penalty killers and some Dfensemen (I am assuming that neither Regehr or Phaneuf were out for extended periods - I am not 100% sure) are going to hurt your goal per game average.

Southern Oil is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 06:05 PM
  #85
AVE MAN
Registered User
 
AVE MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,181
vCash: 500
Why is it that the flames board usually has just as many post about the Oilers as it does about the Flames?

Every day there seems to be a post that pops up stating that this flame player is better than this oiler, or the flame offense is better than the oiler offense.

Funny..

AVE MAN is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 06:08 PM
  #86
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,416
vCash: 500
Iginla and Tanguay and Amonte gets out.... It's like Smtyh,Hemsky and Mareau

Would you guys win? NO WAY!!! At Least Oilers are winning.

Novak Djokovic is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 06:18 PM
  #87
Danny__K
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 500
Flames have 3 top 6 dmen out. As well as Yelle(soon to be back) and Nilson. Our injury situation is just as bad as the oilers.

and to Cawz, who says the oilers have more game breakers.

HUH? the oilers don't have a single game breaker ala, kipper, phaneuf or Iggy.

Danny__K is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 06:54 PM
  #88
MrMastodonFarm*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Oil13 View Post
Iginla and Tanguay and Amonte gets out.... It's like Smtyh,Hemsky and Mareau

Would you guys win? NO WAY!!! At Least Oilers are winning.
"NO WAY!!!" You've convinced me. Losing Iginla is equal to Hemsky and Smyth alone

MrMastodonFarm* is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 11:00 PM
  #89
Southern Oil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
Flames have 3 top 6 dmen out. As well as Yelle(soon to be back) and Nilson. Our injury situation is just as bad as the oilers.

and to Cawz, who says the oilers have more game breakers.

HUH? the oilers don't have a single game breaker ala, kipper, phaneuf or Iggy.
But tell me - what difference do the guys you mentioned (that are out because they are hurt) have on goal scoring!!! Remember that is what this topic is about - goal scoring.

Southern Oil is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 11:35 PM
  #90
MrMastodonFarm*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Oil View Post
But tell me - what difference do the guys you mentioned (that are out because they are hurt) have on goal scoring!!! Remember that is what this topic is about - goal scoring.
I think Danny was referencing the fact that someone brought up the Oilers PK being better then the Flames etc.

I don't make excuses, the Oilers is better.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 11:58 PM
  #91
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
okay oiler fans... listen up and listen close

Hemsky is back that leaves 2 oilers hurt... one defensive forward and 1 scorer... and yes hemsky was out for a while and is an offensive player

the flames have 4 players out... 2 defensemen and 2 forwards... both forwards are top PKers and defensive specialists...

forwards are easier to replace than defensemen

and the oilers injuries are on both ends of the spectrum... 1 defensive, 1 offensive... the flames injuries are all on the defensive side...

and yes we were talking about goal scoring but who gives a crap about goal scoring if you arent going to win??... its easier to make up for 1 guy on each end of the spectrum than 4 on 1 end of it... the flames outscoring the oilers wouldnt mean squat if they couldnt keep the puck out of their own net

Lunatik* is offline  
Old
12-16-2006, 01:42 AM
  #92
Danny__K
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Oil View Post
But tell me - what difference do the guys you mentioned (that are out because they are hurt) have on goal scoring!!! Remember that is what this topic is about - goal scoring.
absolutely nothing to do with goal scoring. No where did i say it did.

It does however affect the flames ability to win. Sorta like having Hemsky and Smyth out for the oilers.

Danny__K is offline  
Old
12-18-2006, 01:40 PM
  #93
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
Flames have 3 top 6 dmen out. As well as Yelle(soon to be back) and Nilson. Our injury situation is just as bad as the oilers.

and to Cawz, who says the oilers have more game breakers.

HUH? the oilers don't have a single game breaker ala, kipper, phaneuf or Iggy.
I says. Feel free to disagree.

I dont consider Kipper or Phaneuf game breakers when the thread is about scoring.

With all due respect, I find it amusing to say the Flames injury situation is as bad as the Oilers, when we are talking about the Oilers have out the likes of Hemsky and Smyth, and you guys are talking about the Flames have out the likes of Zyuzin, Nillson and Warrener.

When you lose at the same time the two guys which your offence runs through, thats adversity. Not losing Rhett freaken Warrener.

Cawz is offline  
Old
12-18-2006, 01:51 PM
  #94
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
okay oiler fans... listen up and listen close

Hemsky is back that leaves 2 oilers hurt... one defensive forward and 1 scorer... and yes hemsky was out for a while and is an offensive player

the flames have 4 players out... 2 defensemen and 2 forwards... both forwards are top PKers and defensive specialists...

forwards are easier to replace than defensemen

and the oilers injuries are on both ends of the spectrum... 1 defensive, 1 offensive... the flames injuries are all on the defensive side...

and yes we were talking about goal scoring but who gives a crap about goal scoring if you arent going to win??... its easier to make up for 1 guy on each end of the spectrum than 4 on 1 end of it... the flames outscoring the oilers wouldnt mean squat if they couldnt keep the puck out of their own net
So if the Oilers had Moreau, Reasoner, Staios and Tjarnqvist out, that would be more devastating than the Flames losing Iginla, Tanguay and Yelle?

Cawz is offline  
Old
12-18-2006, 02:21 PM
  #95
MrMastodonFarm*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
I says. Feel free to disagree.

I dont consider Kipper or Phaneuf game breakers when the thread is about scoring.

With all due respect, I find it amusing to say the Flames injury situation is as bad as the Oilers, when we are talking about the Oilers have out the likes of Hemsky and Smyth, and you guys are talking about the Flames have out the likes of Zyuzin, Nillson and Warrener.

When you lose at the same time the two guys which your offence runs through, thats adversity. Not losing Rhett freaken Warrener.
When you lose half of your blueline, it makes a difference. Cant' beleive the splitting hairs that is going on.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline  
Old
12-18-2006, 03:10 PM
  #96
Southern Oil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
When you lose half of your blueline, it makes a difference. Cant' beleive the splitting hairs that is going on.
Yah, I am really not interested in comparing the adversity (our players hurt are worse than your players hurt business - that's a whole different thread topic). My whole point was that in a goal scoring thread some were starting to argue that losing some defensemen and a penalty killer was adversely affecting the goals for total for the Flames - at least that is the way that I read it.

I don't think that it is a stretch to say that things would be better for us if Smyth and Hemsky weren't hurt. Would we be lighting the lamp like Buffalo? - probably not, but I would still rather have them in the line-up.

At the beginning of their injuries I was hoping that we could go .500 during their absense and it appears that we are going to do it. I'll take that.

Southern Oil is offline  
Old
12-18-2006, 11:44 PM
  #97
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
When you lose half of your blueline, it makes a difference. Cant' beleive the splitting hairs that is going on.
Its not really splitting hairs. The thread was made when the Oilers had their top 2 offensive players injoured and the thread kind of digressed from there.

Of course it makes a difference when you have more injuries. But whetever. Like said above, its kind of pointless to argue "our adversity is tougher than youre adversity". Lets just say if either team loses their starting goalie, they win the adversity battle.

Cawz is offline  
Old
12-19-2006, 12:26 AM
  #98
MrMastodonFarm*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Cawz;7399336]Its not really splitting hairs. The thread was made when the Oilers had their top 2 offensive players injoured and the thread kind of digressed from there.[/QUOTE
I think it is, the Flames were one spot behind the Oilers in goals per game while Smyth and Hemsky were in the line up. Then they passed them because they were having 4 and 5 goal games. But whatever.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline  
Old
12-19-2006, 02:46 AM
  #99
Slitty
Registered User
 
Slitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
hopefully it wont be very long... but Zyuzin has been out 2 times with a groin problem...
Zyuzin isn't injured - his son had surgery: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists...24497-sun.html

Slitty is offline  
Old
12-19-2006, 07:32 AM
  #100
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post
Zyuzin isn't injured - his son had surgery: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists...24497-sun.html
he may not be now but the day before i made that post he had just returned from missing a game or 2 with a groin problem

Lunatik* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.