HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fri., Nov. 1, 2013|Capitals 7 at Flyers 0

Old
11-02-2013, 02:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm all for that. Getting their ***** kicked that bad, why not pound in some faces?
Said the old man yelling at a cloud.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:19 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2605
Confirmed: no suspension for Emery.

A giant among racehorses, Unbridled became an even more towering figure at stud,
siring a winner of each Triple Crown race, as well as champions, Grade 1 winners, and major producers at stud.

Paulick Report, May 19, 2015
MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:01 PM
flyersfan187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Hopefully those fights will get the team going. I personally don't mind what Emery did to Holtby either. The goalie was hitting his stick across the goal posts like Hextall a few times that night (I don't know if that was his norm?) and he deserved to get his face beat in. If you want to act tough you got to back it up.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Hopefully those fights will get the team going. I personally don't mind what Emery did to Holtby either. The goalie was hitting his stick across the goal posts like Hextall a few times that night (I don't know if that was his norm?) and he deserved to get his face beat in. If you want to act tough you got to back it up.

O_o

Don't even know what to say to this. From a guy who did nothing wrong deserving to get his face beat in to banging a goalie stick on his own goal posts as acting tough.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
He wasn't hitting his stick against the posts "like Hextall" to act tough (most goalies I know do this occaisonally btw). When you're wearing a mask your peripheral vision is blocked a lot. So as you're in the crease looking at the play in front of you, if you don't want to take your eyes off the action, a lot of times you'll just tap the pipes with your stick to feel them, and make sure your net is where you think it is before you skate forward to start playing your angles. If you don't do this and you lose your net, you can get scored on while you're way out of position. Which sucks of course. Some guys just do it so much it becomes a tic/ritual. It's certainly not a Hextall specific behavior.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Harold Bingo
what

I've liked Holtby ever since he did this

Glad he didn't get hurt in that fight.

Last edited by Harold Bingo: 11-02-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:

11-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Helistin
Dustin's equilibrium

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
I've like Holtby ever since he did this

Glad he didn't get hurt in that fight.
Lol. That's an awesome clip. Peverleys stick swing couldn't penetrate Holtbys forcefield.

Helistin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 05:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Yeah, this doesn't sound archaic at all.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 06:56 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Those fights were awesome & the only time I've been excited this year for the most part.

Rayzor should have let up on Holtby but I don't fault him for trying to get something going. It's been a frustrating year so far.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Lurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
[/B]

O_o

Don't even know what to say to this. From a guy who did nothing wrong deserving to get his face beat in to banging a goalie stick on his own goal posts as acting tough.
As a Hershey season ticket holder I can tell you that this is more OCD than aggression. Holtby has many rituals and this is one of them.

Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Ryker

I gotta say it's funny how the league is "trying to weed out staged fights" and then they let Emery do what he did to Holtby. I think it was a gutless and dick move on Emery's part and he should've gotten a suspension for it, but I don't care too much, really. I've never been one to preach moral sanctity and the team clearly isn't built to win "fair play" competitions. It just boggles my mind he got third star.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 03:23 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I gotta say it's funny how the league is "trying to weed out staged fights" and then they let Emery do what he did to Holtby. I think it was a gutless and dick move on Emery's part and he should've gotten a suspension for it, but I don't care too much, really. I've never been one to preach moral sanctity and the team clearly isn't built to win "fair play" competitions. It just boggles my mind he got third star.
Are you implying that our team is built with the intention of cheating to win? As for the third star, Frank Seravalli gave it to him as a tongue-in-cheek thing. Frank Seravalli is an idiot for that.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Hiesenberg

Aside from Emery, people on twitter watching said that for the most part, that whole melee started because a Caps player jumped a Flyers player. Truth? If so, why the hell aren't they getting crap for gooning it up?

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 08:10 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Aside from Emery, people on twitter watching said that for the most part, that whole melee started because a Caps player jumped a Flyers player. Truth? If so, why the hell aren't they getting crap for gooning it up?
To me and this is from only watching after-the-fact video Simmonds looked intent on being aggressive and knocking heads, and was definitely ready to fight. Technically, a Capital was the first to drop the gloves.

As for Emery, I wouldn't have been disappointed if he had been told to sit for a game by Shanahan, but like Bruce Arthur said in his weekend column, there is no mechanism within the rules for a suspension. In fact, the rules are too precise in the Aggressor (46.2) rule: three times in one regular season warrants two games, and goes from there.

I don't like what Emery did, but the refs / linesmen should have stepped in much earlier.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Yeah, I don't know about that. Simmonds was a human wrecking ball and Wilson decided to do something about it. If roles were reversed and Wilson was destroying everything I'd be relieved to see someone step in and stop it.

I thought what both players did was pretty great. Simmonds was a man possessed trying to spark his team, and Wilson took what I would consider a smart fight there.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:30 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

All I know is that it takes 2 people to fight, other than Emery beating on Holtby I thought the other fights had both participants willing to go toe to toe. Caps fans were calling the Flyers goons, the only goonish(hope this is a word...lol)thing I witnessed was from Emery and goalies are rarely noted as goons.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote