HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT 12/14/06: Tampa Bay @ Montreal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2006, 09:52 PM
  #76
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
The problem is that the win doesn't go to who dominated. It doesn't go to the team with more shots, more chances, more hustle. It comes down to who brings it WHEN IT MATTERS, and who doesn't.

The Habs responded when they went down, Tampa did not. That's where my issues come in. All IMO of course, but these guys get a lead, and just can't seem to hold it. They give up the worst goals at the worst times, and allow the momentum change to totally shift the game against them. By the time they get back on track, they're too far down too late into the game to mount any sort of a realistic come back.

Butchered is offline  
Old
12-14-2006, 09:52 PM
  #77
gobolt7
Registered User
 
gobolt7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Florida.
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Man, what's with the negativity. Tampa Bay really brought it tonight, they we're dominant.
As another team walks away with 2 points. Unfortunatly, we can get all the compliments in the world, but it doessnt change the fact that you gained 2 points that we didnt, and thats happened way to much this year.

gobolt7 is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 12:01 AM
  #78
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,231
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan4 View Post
we make a nobody goalie look like patrick roy
Don't look now but that "nobody goalie" is leading the league in save percentage.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 12:38 AM
  #79
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kingbobert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
I'm not sure if I should even bother saying it, but I have the sneaking suspicion that all goal-review judges in Toronto are Canada-centric. I really don't think Perrin had the time to knock a puck in intentionally while being pushed into the net. Sorry, doesn't *** up to me.
umm he went into huet with his arm first by not stopping instead just letting himself fall on Huet and the puck never crossed the line and it's TORONTO...if they were to be biased against a team it would be the habs....
you're argument is so off...
sad really...

i'm not trolling but man be realistic...the rest of your board mates admit it didnt go in what makes you different...


anyhoo to the rest of tampas fans...

you guys played well tonight and i do think torts needs to go, but i have a feeling you guys will turn things around...vinny marty are playing exceptionally and brad playing better and better it's only a matter of time that the rest of the team responds

Kingbobert is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 04:40 AM
  #80
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Maelmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,609
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
For the first time this season (im usually optimistic), I have a feeling we will miss the play-offs...

Maelmoor is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 04:44 AM
  #81
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
And while were are at it, I would just like to point out, there are a couple things that are different about our goaltending from this year as opposed to last year.

1)They came at a bigger price.
2) Statisically, they are worse than Grahame and Burke were last year, and as of right now, its really not close.

Denis/Holvmqvist: 3.10 GAA .883 SV%
Grahame/Burke: 2.93 GAA .892 SV%

Our goaltending problems are far from solved.

Oh Lord. Guess we haven't had enough "Grahame/Burke should be in goal" or "Burke should be called up" or "we were a much better team with Burkie in goal" posts.

I'd lock this thread right now if I were you Mike. It'll get really ugly in here if you don't.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 06:12 AM
  #82
gobolt7
Registered User
 
gobolt7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Florida.
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
Oh Lord. Guess we haven't had enough "Grahame/Burke should be in goal" or "Burke should be called up" or "we were a much better team with Burkie in goal" posts.
Im not saying any of that is true. I just feel like there is a perception that our goaltending situation is fixed when that is atually not the case at all. I kind if feel like the goaltending is getting a free pass from some.

gobolt7 is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 09:20 AM
  #83
Maria
Registered User
 
Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,434
vCash: 500
Another problem, Marty and Vinny can't carry this team by themselves, where's Prospal, Feds, Ryan, Affy?? today in the St Pete Times it said that Vinny played 27.41 minutes, that's a lot of ice time for one guy, everybody needs to step up if they want to go somewhere, Vinny and Marty are great players, but they're not machines.

Maria is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 10:05 AM
  #84
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Im not saying any of that is true.
I know you're not, but some will.

Seriously though, we definately have issues in goal. I thought for the most part Denis sucked last night. But let me go on record by saying that the two guys we had last year were no better regardless the stats.

Something has to give with this team and I am really hoping that it doesn't take Feaster until the end of the season to do something about it. He has threatened trades since the first week of the season and we have heard it several times. It is time Mr. Feaster put up or shut up IMO.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 02:14 PM
  #85
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
I just want some freaking goaltending

Seriously guys theres beens games where i think i could have done a hell of alot better....***? Feaster if you want someone to lose games for minimum league salary get in contact with me ill sign in a heartbeat. Hell i might be able to pull out a win tonight if we get some decent D going on and a little bit of offense....which is sadly alot more than what i can say for our goalies as of now...

This sucks

Bolt32 is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 02:49 PM
  #86
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Well, it's what happens when you sacrifice depth for for 3 players.

Butchered is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 03:16 PM
  #87
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,605
vCash: 50
hey guys, im not trolling, just here to give my input on what the problem is in Tampa.

1) you guys nailed it already, goaltending, you dont get the big saves when they are needed. (thats one reason the habs were still in it last night after 2, Huet made the saves to keep hope).

2) no depth and bad coaching, You cant win in this league with only 4 players. i know after Lecavalier, Richards, St Louis and Perrin you guys dont have much but Torterella has to find a new way of playing these guys. Look at the ice times, Its incredible, Lecavalier and St Louis played 28 minutes last night, Richards and Perrin, 24.

now look at montreal, not 1 forward played more then 20 minutes.
The 4 players you have are all good, 3 of the 4 are superstars, but what Torts doesnt seem to realize is that they are humans, they get tired. Come the 3rd period if Tbay doesnt have a big lead, they are done, the guys have no more energy left.

and what do you think it tells the other guys on the team? its like saying they are not good enough to get the job done so he keeps puting the big 4. He's gotta roll the bench.


sorry, like i said, not trolling, thats just the way i see it, cuz i want you guys to do good, you have some of our hometown tallent and its good to see the montreal born players succeed.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 03:22 PM
  #88
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Maelmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,609
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Homer is 38 in save percentage and Denis at number 41...so goatending has not helped us, we score quite many goals aswell, so that's not the issue...if we can improve our PP and the goalies step up, then it can be a good season, but only then..

Maelmoor is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 04:03 PM
  #89
Maria
Registered User
 
Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
hey guys, im not trolling, just here to give my input on what the problem is in Tampa.

1) you guys nailed it already, goaltending, you dont get the big saves when they are needed. (thats one reason the habs were still in it last night after 2, Huet made the saves to keep hope).

2) no depth and bad coaching, You cant win in this league with only 4 players. i know after Lecavalier, Richards, St Louis and Perrin you guys dont have much but Torterella has to find a new way of playing these guys. Look at the ice times, Its incredible, Lecavalier and St Louis played 28 minutes last night, Richards and Perrin, 24.

now look at montreal, not 1 forward played more then 20 minutes.
The 4 players you have are all good, 3 of the 4 are superstars, but what Torts doesnt seem to realize is that they are humans, they get tired. Come the 3rd period if Tbay doesnt have a big lead, they are done, the guys have no more energy left.

and what do you think it tells the other guys on the team? its like saying they are not good enough to get the job done so he keeps puting the big 4. He's gotta roll the bench.


sorry, like i said, not trolling, thats just the way i see it, cuz i want you guys to do good, you have some of our hometown tallent and its good to see the montreal born players succeed.

I agree with you.

Maria is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 06:16 PM
  #90
IcePalace
 
IcePalace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
Ice, that puck didn't even cross the line, so it doesn't matter.

As for who would take one of those contracts, please don't act like if Lecavalier or St. Louis were on the block, teams wouldn't bite.

The only one that might be an issue is Richards.
As I thought I said somewhere, it looked to me like it hit top shelf, and that's considered across the line. If it hits anywhere inside the goal, except the post, it doesn't matter if it lands outside or not. Not that it's clear evidence but they even lit the lamp.

IcePalace is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 06:24 PM
  #91
IcePalace
 
IcePalace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
And while were are at it, I would just like to point out, there are a couple things that are different about our goaltending from this year as opposed to last year.

1)They came at a bigger price.
2) Statisically, they are worse than Grahame and Burke were last year, and as of right now, its really not close.

Denis/Holvmqvist: 3.10 GAA .883 SV%
Grahame/Burke: 2.93 GAA .892 SV%

Our goaltending problems are far from solved.
This is true, but it seems like they have made more key saves. Actually it's kind of funny. Grahame and Burke, generally, saved most of the easy shots that Denis and, most especially, Holmqvist miss. However, Holmqvist and, most especially, Denis save most of the hard shots that Grahame and Burke had trouble with on most nights. As with anything, they've all had great games and terrible games.

IcePalace is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 06:26 PM
  #92
IcePalace
 
IcePalace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
You shouldn't of bothered because the puck didn't even go in the net.
Again, it looked to me like it hit top shelf and then fell on the opposite side of the goal line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
umm he went into huet with his arm first by not stopping instead just letting himself fall on Huet and the puck never crossed the line and it's TORONTO...if they were to be biased against a team it would be the habs....
you're argument is so off...
sad really...

i'm not trolling but man be realistic...the rest of your board mates admit it didnt go in what makes you different...
For the last time, it looked like it hit top shelf because in the top view they showed, the puck hit something and then fell on the other side of the line. There was nothing for it to hit, except top shelf as it was behind Huet. What does it matter what everyone else thinks? Their thinking can't change reality. If everyone thinks the earth is flat, is it? Your argument is way off. What reason would Toronto have to favor Tampa over Montreal? Despite their hatred of the habs, they could be a little miffed that we've won the cup recently. In any case they probably weren't reviewing that it went in but how it went in. Anyway to me, he didn't intentionally hit the puck in, and I think it definitely went in. The lamp was lit, so obviously someone else agrees with me.


Last edited by IcePalace: 12-15-2006 at 06:34 PM.
IcePalace is offline  
Old
12-15-2006, 06:38 PM
  #93
IcePalace
 
IcePalace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
I agree with you.
Me too.

IcePalace is offline  
Old
12-16-2006, 02:14 AM
  #94
Tokala
Registered User
 
Tokala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
Again, it looked to me like it hit top shelf and then fell on the opposite side of the goal line.



For the last time, it looked like it hit top shelf because in the top view they showed, the puck hit something and then fell on the other side of the line. There was nothing for it to hit, except top shelf as it was behind Huet. What does it matter what everyone else thinks? Their thinking can't change reality. If everyone thinks the earth is flat, is it? Your argument is way off. What reason would Toronto have to favor Tampa over Montreal? Despite their hatred of the habs, they could be a little miffed that we've won the cup recently. In any case they probably weren't reviewing that it went in but how it went in. Anyway to me, he didn't intentionally hit the puck in, and I think it definitely went in. The lamp was lit, so obviously someone else agrees with me.
In simple terms, the puck never completely crossed the goal line.

Tokala is offline  
Old
12-16-2006, 03:10 AM
  #95
IcePalace
 
IcePalace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
In simple terms, the puck never completely crossed the goal line.
In even simpler terms, I disagree. Please don't patronize me. I have a different opinion—I'm not a moron.


Last edited by IcePalace: 12-16-2006 at 03:22 AM.
IcePalace is offline  
Old
12-16-2006, 09:00 AM
  #96
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
In even simpler terms, I disagree. Please don't patronize me. I have a different opinion—I'm not a moron.

For what it's worth here I'm once again in the "I feel strongly both ways" camp. From one angle it looks to me like it indeed hit top shelf and from the angle behind the net it looks like there is no way in hell that it went in. Either way I also think IMHO that Perrin did use a swinging motion with his arm to knock the puck in (or not in) and I believe that's why it was disallowed to begin with.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
12-16-2006, 09:04 AM
  #97
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
The lamp was lit, so obviously someone else agrees with me.
Not to be an ******* here but the opposite goal judge turned the lamp on for the Kuba shot on a backdoor play in the second period. That was an incredible save by Huet, it fooled the goal judge, and it wasn't reviewed.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
12-16-2006, 07:21 PM
  #98
IcePalace
 
IcePalace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
Not to be an ******* here but the opposite goal judge turned the lamp on for the Kuba shot on a backdoor play in the second period. That was an incredible save by Huet, it fooled the goal judge, and it wasn't reviewed.
True, I had already said that goal judges aren't the best to rely on, I was simply using them in this case to say that at least someone agrees.

Also, thanks for (half-way) believing in me

IcePalace is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.