HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

QFHL sign-up thread

Old
12-15-2006, 09:44 PM

vCash: 500
QFHL sign-up thread

QFHL

So I was thinking about starting up a league for Habs fan, which I thought would be the Quebec Fantasy Hockey League. I'd sim the games on an EA Sports NHL game, but I won't say on which one just to be fair for those who never really played it. To start up, the league would feature only made-up Quebec-born players and Quebec-based teams. As we move on from season to season, the foreign draft will bring Canadians/Americans and Europeans to the league.

I would be the league's commisioner, and every updates would be posted on this board. Posters who are interested in this would be GMs, and would have to make necessary trades, post some press releases and watch their team battle through the schedule.

Basically anyone can be in, just make sure to post your team's name when you sign-up and a real city which could be Montreal, Rimouski, or any small town with a couple of hundreds people. For exemple, one team could be the Repentigny Steelers.

I'm shooting for 24 teams, so 24 GMs. If interests is very high, I'd have no problem having more team than this.

Division Template:

Pool A:
Team 1

Pool B:

===
Pool C:

Pool D:

===

Pool E:

Pool F:

Schedule would work as follow: Teams would play 3 games against each team from their own Pool, and 1 against the 4 other teams from the other Pool in the same brackett, which will make for 13 regular season games. Playoffs format would be top 16 team in the league would make the post-season, with #1 playing #16, etc...

I'm also planning on adding a mid-season cup, which would see the best teams at a certain point in the season compete in a small tournament. Another tournament could be added between seasons as the 'pre-season' to test out rookies and such.

Trades will be allowed and will be a big part of the fun. I will be simming games each day.

Players will be rated by offense, defense, leadership, potential and age. It will be your job to find the best players for your team. Keep in mind that the game's coaches will make the lines for you, will decide captaincy and numbers, etc...

The draft: I'm planning on making it a 3 round draft, plus 1 round for the foreign players. Order would be from worst team to best. The players you draft will be put on your prospect list. Each year, before the season, you'll be able to sign two guys that are on your prospect list.

Every team will start up with 20 made up Quebecois. Throughout the season, you'll be able to up that number to 25, but you can't never go under 18 skaters and 2 keepers. There's no farm team, so if you wish to acquire a player and you are already at 25, you'll have to put one on waivers.

Waivers: Players put on waivers will stay there until someone claims them, or until their original team take them back. You can put players on waivers at any time during a season, and it works with a first-come, first-served basis.

So I guess this is my idea. I think this will be a great way to build up friendly rivaltry on this board. Who's gonna win the Quebec Cup? Who's gonna win the scoring race? Who's gonna make the trade that will shake the world? So much fun.

So just sign up with a team name and I'll post rosters. Keep in mind players will be drafted randomly to start up, it will be your job to get your team to the top.

When we have enough teams, I'll be making another thread for the start of the season which will include updated standings and league stats + team-by-team stats and team-by-team roster and players status.

Who's in?

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 09:47 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Could I have a team from Moncton?

Old
12-15-2006, 09:49 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
The...