HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time for a Kreider thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2013, 09:57 PM
JCrusher*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Kreider has scored 4.46 P/60 5v5 with a 7.4% on-ice shooting percentage. That's insane, a 7.4% almost insinuates that his scoring should regress upwards. That's how well he has been playing since his call-up.

Oh and 4.46 P/60 is Crosby-level of scoring for context.

I've been hard on him in the past, but boy is he playing lights out at the moment!
For the past year i have been telling people 2 things 1. Give the kid a full season with decent minutes and 2. Play him with stepan(who he had great chemistry with in the junior team and in the 2012 playoffs. the result is 6pts in 6 games and he really should have a few more pts if not for some unlucky bounces in detroit and montreal games

Old
11-02-2013, 10:26 PM
lucicfist17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
For the past year i have been telling people 2 things 1. Give the kid a full season with decent minutes and 2. Play him with stepan(who he had great chemistry with in the junior team and in the 2012 playoffs. the result is 6pts in 6 games and he really should have a few more pts if not for some unlucky bounces in detroit and montreal games
Not being benched for every mistake and having your confidence stripped of you on a nightly basis also helps. Loved this kid way way back and wanted him as a Bruin(still do quite frankly).

Old
11-02-2013, 10:31 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist17 View Post
Not being benched for every mistake and having your confidence stripped of you on a nightly basis also helps. Loved this kid way way back and wanted him as a Bruin(still do quite frankly).

Im just glad he is a RFA at the end of the year. The Bruins are already a tough team so if they added kreider i would be very scared as a rangers fan

Old
11-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Am waiting for the Kreider-Stepan-Kristo line

Old
11-02-2013, 11:19 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
Am waiting for the Kreider-Stepan-Kristo line
next year possibly. kristo can score but he still needs to work on the other aspects of his games

Old
11-02-2013, 11:44 PM
noupf

Quote:
shhhhhhhh, dont blame torts.....some guys still have a hard on for him. Its all kreiders fault.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

kreider didnt deserve his ice time last year. only a true torts hater would say he handled it wrong.

im about as big a kreider fan as you'll find. ive talked to him a few times, once of the nicest guys youll ever speak with.

kid didnt play well, and torts holds guys accountable.

only reason kreider was as hyped as he was is because torts was willing to put him into a playoff game...that takes balls and confidence in an unproven kid.

torts held all players accountable. Richards the vet, Kreider the rookie, and everyone in between.

Old
11-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
kreider didnt deserve his ice time last year. only a true torts hater would say he handled it wrong.

im about as big a kreider fan as you'll find. ive talked to him a few times, once of the nicest guys youll ever speak with.

kid didnt play well, and torts holds guys accountable.

only reason kreider was as hyped as he was is because torts was willing to put him into a playoff game...that takes balls and confidence in an unproven kid.

torts held all players accountable. Richards the vet, Kreider the rookie, and everyone in between.
You don't have to be a Torts hater to recognize that he mishandled CK last year; cause he
Did.

Old
11-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
shhhhhhhh, dont blame torts.....some guys still have a hard on for him. Its all kreiders fault.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He had 2 points in 19 AHL games before he got to the NHL last season.
He was cut by AV earlier this season.

At what point is his performance going to be on him?

Old
11-03-2013, 12:05 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He had 2 points in 19 AHL games before he got to the NHL last season.
He was cut by AV earlier this season.

At what point is his performance going to be on him?
Never.

Old
11-03-2013, 12:06 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Hmm. He wasn't benched in the AHL yet still sucked. Talk about a giant hole in your logic.

Old
11-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
You don't have to be a Torts hater to recognize that he mishandled CK last year; cause he
Did.
That grammar, tho.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:41 AM
eco's bones

48 games 12 goals and 23 points in the AHL was pretty underwhelming especially after the playoffs he had. Chris had a difficult adjustment.

I don't think this is all on Chris but the lockout and shortened season was part of this too. When the lockout ended--there was no real training camp, not much time for practices--48 games pretty much jammed into three months. Torts never struck me as a very patient guy to begin with and it's not like he hasn't been tough on others like Zuccarello when he thought that player wasn't reliable enough.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:01 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
Are you making the same exact argument again from a mere two thread pages ago while ignoring the fact that nobody actually said what you are accusing them of saying? And according to your insinuation the only reason people blame kreider is to protect Torts?
What is wrong with believing that a large part of it could have been the fact that he was still a young guy and was developing mentally? Why is it so overwhelmingly an issue of Torts destroying his confidence? What evidence do you have to prove it wasn't the simple and logical fact that he wasn't mentally ready yet?
My goal is not defending Torts I just want to be logical and not assign an excessive amount of blame where it doesn't belong. As much as I was annoyed that he had such a bad preseason and expressed my frustration at his slow development I still said I would wait until next year before starting to give up hope and that the potential was most definitely there. I also said he needed time to reach it and develop mentally. I'm not sure any coach could have made him what he is right now without waiting a year or two into his pro career. That's kind of how it works with prospects and young players how could you not know that?

Old
11-03-2013, 08:07 AM
KenGuru

For me I think Kreider was the best player last night. He did a hell of a job before the goals that Stepan scored. He is the physical player making room for Zucc and Stepan. I think he is about to have a breakthrough and finally becoming that player many expected him to be a couple of years ago. If that line continuing like this I am sure Kreider will get more than 20 goals this season.

Kreider had 5 goals in his first 18 games in playoff 2 years ago. No question about the potential. Now he is getting the more and more confidence

Old
11-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Savant

Think Kreider has figured out how to use his body at this level. Looking forward to see if he can keep it up this week.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Absolutely not trying to get ahead of myself here... but would Kreider be eligible for the Calder?

11-03-2013, 08:46 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider is eligible for the Calder

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

He is on pace for a 75 point season. He isn't getting 75 points.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:48 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, dude apparently managed our AHL squad, too. Who know?
No. But the AHL team is directed to play the same way as the parent club so the callups transition is smooth.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
Absolutely not trying to get ahead of myself here... but would Kreider be eligible for the Calder?
yes. he's still a rookie

11-03-2013, 08:57 AM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Yeah thats a bit unrealistic but would be great for us if he got 50-60 pts. Its funny that most of those guys on that list have play double the amount of games but he still in top 15 in pts

Old
11-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:

Of course. It was merely a curiosity.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:55 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

Great minds think a like. I was just coming on here to see if he was eligible for the Calder.

Saw those stat projections on TSN as well. Id be more then happy if he got 50 points this season.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:59 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Take Hertl's 4 goal game away against Biron and he's not even in the convo.

Monahan on the other hand has played great the games I've seen. Going to be a good player.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:18 AM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Take Hertl's 4 goal game away against Biron and he's not even in the convo.

Monahan on the other hand has played great the games I've seen. Going to be a good player.
I like Monahan a lot for Calder considerations. I would love for Kreider to be in the talks, but he would have to play pretty consistently as he has been for the rest of the year. No, obviously not scoring 70 points, but I think even 40-50 would be sufficient while making an impact continually most nights.