HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes @ Rangers: The Piano Is Gone

Old
11-02-2013, 11:06 PM
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
thought so as well.

He said "Shinny" hockey

Not ****** hockey
I think I understand it now..the canes played ******..... the rangers played shinny

someone stole hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
3rd.

Stepan and Richards have more.
I thought Stepan and Richards would both be considered tied for 1st. Then the other 4 are tied for second.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:11 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I've always thought Stepan and Richards would both be considered tied for 1st. Then the other 4 are tied for second.
So if 10 players were tied for the most points, would the 11th have 2nd most?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So if 10 players were tied for the most points, would the 11th have 2nd most?
lol That is correct.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Everyone's a winner that way.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:16 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
I thought Stepan and Richards would both be considered tied for 1st. Then the other 4 are tied for second.
It goes

etc...

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
It goes

etc...
Absurd.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Absurd.
shhhhhhhh, go to bed, hun.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Kolom pls

Good game overall except the first period. Looked sloppy but they cleaned it up an came out with a needed win.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

lol you guise are tied for 2nd in my book.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:30 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake or Death View Post
What really looks absurd is seeing the PP at almost 21 percent.
What pisses me off is how last year we were saying that if only Richards, Kreider, and the PP were better we'd be something else. Now we're 6-7 with all those things being better. Of course we also had Nash last year.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:31 PM
CheeseTortorella

what an awesome game.

hagelin adds so much to this team.

CheeseTortorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:57 PM
h0ckeyman

Kreider continues to play very well. He is playing a different type of game than he ever did under Torts IMO. He is utilizing his speed in bursts, creating space with his size and keeping it simple. Great to see, if he keeps it up we will have a horse of a top 6 winger for a very, very long time.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:02 AM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Kreider continues to play very well. He is playing a different type of game than he ever did under Torts IMO. He is utilizing his speed in bursts, creating space with his size and keeping it simple. Great to see, if he keeps it up we will have a horse of a top 6 winger for a very, very long time.

He wasnt having a very good first period in fact that entire line was surprisingly slow in the first. AV actually benched them and then when they got another chance they destroyed Carolina. That line is tough to stop when they turn it on

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:03 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
He wasnt having a very good first period in fact that entire line was surprisingly slow in the first. AV actually benched them and then when they got another chance they destroyed Carolina. That line is tough to stop when they turn it on
The whole team started slow. Overall, he had a very good game.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:09 AM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
The whole team started slow. Overall, he had a very good game.
I agree. I get accused of never criticizing kreider by some so i guess i was trying to make them happy

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:15 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
NEW YORK – It was a moment Rangers fans have seen before.

The Rangers (6-7-0) started awfully slowly and lethargically in their match against scuffling Carolina (4-7-3) Saturday night at MSG. In fact, through the first six minutes the Hurricanes had six of the game’s first eight shots, and were threatening to snap their four-game losing streak against a team looking for its fourth win in five games.

It was so ugly, it was perhaps reasonable to expect Rangers coach Alain Vigneault to call his timeout, try to settle the troops, and hope a stern talking-to would energize his team. After all, that’s what former coach John Tortorella would have done.
Click through to see AV's answer when I asked him what his philosophy is in terms of calling a timeout in that situation.

http://insidehockey.com/no-timeout-n...ers-roll-canes

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:48 AM
tbassler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
anyone have a digital copy of this game? god damn dish network said Rangers vs Hurricanes, but what it recorded was Canucks VS Maple Leafs.

grrrrrrrrr
you can join hockeystreams for one day. all games are archived. You could watch a few games plus the live ones. $7.50 for one day.

tbassler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:54 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Not to nitpick here but I'm curious as to why MZA & Kreider were awarded assists on Stepan's first goal when it appears 2 Canes players touched or made contact with the puck before it found it's way over to Stepan's stick.... Is that typical operating procedure when awarding assists or just a case of generous stat-keeping?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Not to nitpick here but I'm curious as to why MZA & Kreider were awarded assists on Stepan's first goal when it appears 2 Canes players touched or made contact with the puck before it found it's way over to Stepan's stick.... Is that typical operating procedure when awarding assists or just a case of generous stat-keeping?
I think they need to have possession of the puck.

11-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

I've always had the impression that we're horrible at building leads when we score the first goal but it turns out we're just bad at scoring the first goal. We're 15/19 on making the game 2-0 after leading 1-0 last year which is just under 80%. Aside from the one 1-0 OTW against the Isles (Dan Girardi goal from Brassard), we were 19/47 on scoring the first goal which is just over 40%. I'll be staying tuned for our trend on scoring 1st.

We've scored the first goal 6 times out of our 13 games which is just under 50%. We're 5 for 6 when scoring the first goal and the only loss when scoring first is sort of a novel lead with a 5-3 PPG 3:27 which to me has a different dynamic and effect than scoring a goal after the game has settled or a goal that settles the game.

Either way, we were 15/19 on making it 2-0 after a 1-0 lead, and we were 18-2-1 when scoring the first goal last season. Whether it's Henrik/D or if it's Torts, we have to find a way to start the game strong.

Dave alluded to how Henrik was scored on on the 4th, 4th, 7th, 6th, 7th, and 2nd shot on goal (or something like that) and we were also bad with penalties to start the season Pouliot with a penalty 1:00 in against PHX, 2 penalties in the 1st against LA, the refs ****ing us over in SJS resulting in gutting SHG, 3 penalties against STL in the 1st, NYR taking the only 2 penalities from both teams in the first period against the caps resulting in 1:00 of 5-3, Pouliot penalty 4:00 in against NJD, Boyle penalty 3:00 in against PHI, Pouliot 1:00 in against DET then Pyatt at 6:00 in, John Moore 2:30 in against MTL)

I think the struggles we had early on is sort of the dark shadows of a poor start that's forgotten about after we get blown out. A better start to a few of those games, we would have had a fighting chance.

Henrik has been saying that one line a lot. "You can't play a perfect 60 minutes" or "You can't expect to dominant the entire time". He started saying that this season I noticed. I think AV is trying really hard to teach this team how to handle momentum changes. Torts emphasized it A LOT as well last year but the two coaches have a different approach to it because of their system. Puck possession is I suppose the buzz phrase for momentum and controlling the game and Torts's efforts didn't achieve that.

Hopefully we can control the momentum better this year as a team and I'm guessing Henrik and the defense has a lot to do with how well we play with leads. If we can play with a lot of speed and transition out of our zone and start attacking, I think we'll have a better time getting that important 1st goal.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 02:58 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Oddly I thought this was actually a mediocre performance compared to recent efforts despite putting 5 on the board. Caught some bounces.

Definitely nice to pick up 2 more points. Next week has some big tests.

Lastly, Zucc and Dorsett have really picked it up.
Great point, I agree.

At first I missed the NYI game, and then I only saw highlights from the Buffalo game, and I thought we looked like world beaters and created a ton of chances. But then I caught a rerun of that game and Buff really just rolled over.

Tonight, the K-Step-Zucc line really struggled basically until Hagelin made it 2-0. They couldn't get out of their own end the first 15 minutes. Then they combined for 9 pts, so from a lot of perspectives they were awsome. But they struggled alot before we made it 2-0 in second period. Zucc is making "the" plays, but he hasn't been that super crisp (and how the **** is he looking? The sweater makes him look fat, he got a 'stache, red eyes and long hair); Stepan had a few good shifts, especially on the PP, but contributed mostly in the quite -- looking at the entire night; Kreider is finding ways to contribute, but in relation to comments like "he has put it together now", I think he is playing well enough not to be demoted. Not that much more than that.

We are definitely doing alot of really good things and will get some good depth when everyone is back. But we are still a bit suspect.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by High And Wide View Post
Do you guys remember 2011-12 where we went 3-4-3 in the first 10 games and then won 7 in a row? It's too early to say anything, but I'm just saying
Was that the year one of the Staal-brothers last played good hockey in this league? (j/k)

Last edited by Ola: 11-03-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote