HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers thoughts on Hitch in blue

Old
12-15-2006, 02:36 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
Flyers thoughts on Hitch in blue

whats up jacket fans. first congrats on hitch and the success that you guys have been on you guys were my second favorite team comming into the season. anyway i started a thread on the fyers board about what they thought about hitch and you guys playing well under him. itd be cool to get some feedback from you guys as we are all a little confused as hitch is defirst coach and you guys werent scoring goals in the beinging. guess you are using the couter strike stradegy? anyway thanks in advance for the pov.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...75#post7367875

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Pluckfur

Thanks for the link. It's interesting (not surprising) to see that Flyer fans are obviously still unhappy with their lot this year. Seriously though, I have not yet figured out how Hitchcock became such an ogre to the fanbase there.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
Thanks for the link. It's interesting (not surprising) to see that Flyer fans are obviously still unhappy with their lot this year. Seriously though, I have not yet figured out how Hitchcock became such an ogre to the fanbase there.
The only thing I never like about Hitch during his stay in Philadelphia is his stubbornness. He could never let lines be when things weren't going well. And I know there are going to be some people who say that that isn't a big deal. But when your head coach does it three to four times a game, it becomes an issue. Chemistry is something that needs to be developed and he would never give it a chance. Even when things were going well, he felt the need to switch up lines. Did you know that last year he split Forsberg and Gagne up, opting with a first line of Sim-Forsberg-Knuble, when they were playing well?

Other noteable failures of Hitch: He put Carter on wing for all of one shift. A couple weeks later he tried it again, for two shifts this time. Petr Nedved was used as the "shut down" center while Brian Savage played wing on the second line. Hatcher and Therien were routinely used as the top pairing on the PK. He burnt Frank out by playing him fourteen days prior to the Olympics.

Bottom Line, when the guy had the veterans who would rally around him, he was gold. He could take your team as far in the playoffs as you could ever want, as long as the bodies held up. The younger our roster got, the more inconsistent it got, and the more radical his thinking became.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Millions Livio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth;
He could never let lines be when things weren't going well. And I know there are going to be some people who say that that isn't a big deal. But when your head coach does it three to four times a game, it becomes an issue.
Gallant did that a period, thus I am not concerned..

Millions Livio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
The only thing I never like about Hitch during his stay in Philadelphia is his stubbornness. He could never let lines be when things weren't going well. And I know there are going to be some people who say that that isn't a big deal. But when your head coach does it three to four times a game, it becomes an issue. Chemistry is something that needs to be developed and he would never give it a chance. Even when things were going well, he felt the need to switch up lines. Did you know that last year he split Forsberg and Gagne up, opting with a first line of Sim-Forsberg-Knuble, when they were playing well?

Other noteable failures of Hitch: He put Carter on wing for all of one shift. A couple weeks later he tried it again, for two shifts this time. Petr Nedved was used as the "shut down" center while Brian Savage played wing on the second line. Hatcher and Therien were routinely used as the top pairing on the PK. He burnt Frank out by playing him fourteen days prior to the Olympics.

Bottom Line, when the guy had the veterans who would rally around him, he was gold. He could take your team as far in the playoffs as you could ever want, as long as the bodies held up. The younger our roster got, the more inconsistent it got, and the more radical his thinking became.
Hi again, Panasonic, nice to see you so soon. Millions said it best - when it comes to our fans and switching up line combinations ... it's probably going to take us a really, realllllly long time to get fed up with Hitch for that *particular* penchant of his because Gallant was just a line switching/messing/muddling/butchering fool. Hitch looks sane and moderate to us in comparison. It's obviously too early for anyone here to see how the Hitch Era will play out... but as I said on your board - right now, we are all happy and relieved to have been granted a new start under Hitch. You promised to follow his progress here (re: Nash and Z) and we'll enjoy your input and experience whenever you feel like sharing it.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 04:24 AM
cbj21

Hitch were switching up the lines alot against Phoenix, i noticed it while we were tied at 4-4 but i asume it started when we were down by 2.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:12 AM
Matt

He was switching lines because of all the special teams play. Koharski couldn't keep from blowing his whistle. Seems he (Koharski) felt he was not getting enough TV time

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:17 AM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
He was switching lines because of all the special teams play. Koharski couldn't keep from blowing his whistle. Seems he (Koharski) felt he was not getting enough TV time
Did I mention I hate Koharski?

You play Hitches way or life will be hell...or at least thats why I get out of his past. Flyers must have a bunch of guys who think they know more than the coach. Im willing to bet that if they would have listened to what he said and did what he said...they would not be a bad team. I dont know much about the Flyers roster but seems like you may have too many ME guys.

Hitch rules the WORLD!!!!!

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Kfarschman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-Lebowski View Post
Did I mention I hate Koharski?

You play Hitches way or life will be hell...or at least thats why I get out of his past. Flyers must have a bunch of guys who think they know more than the coach. Im willing to bet that if they would have listened to what he said and did what he said...they would not be a bad team. I dont know much about the Flyers roster but seems like you may have too many ME guys.

Hitch rules the WORLD!!!!!

It sounds like Hitch lives and dies by the veterans. If they totally buy into him and help him with the team it's all gravy. But it seems like Hitch might not be able to take any constructive criticism from a veteran and thinks it is insubordination and might start to have trouble with that player and then later the team. Maybe guys like Forsberg tried to help "coach" the team not exactly insych with Hitch's philosophy and everything started to go sour with the team. I love Hitch but you know a guy like Forsberg (or Hull/Modano in Dallas) pull some serious weight in a locker room and can probably fracture the team into maybe something like different factions (Loyal to Hitch, Loyal to Fopp...etc) if he and Hitch disagree.

Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote