HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Philly85
Moody'

vCash: 500
Oilers should be looking at Calgary, Winnipeg, Nashville, Philly and maybe NJ for potential trading partners and pieces.

I think it's pretty obvious the Oilers will most certainly have to part with one of their premier players, most likely Eberle and sadly (IMO) Yakupov, but no one aside from RNH should be untouchable.

They also need to start playing harder, and playing better because while we all know they're not a very good team, they CAN play better. They have to play with more consistently and urgency to help boost some guys' value, that would help alot. Otherwise they're ****ed because as someone stated above they're heavy on the top end talent (although even then, not really) and low on any sort of quality depth.

Schultz, Smid, Petry... they can all go as far as I'm concerned if it's parlayed into something bigger and better. Especially Schultz, who literally looks awful in his own zone almost all the time, like he doesn't have a clue of how to play the position. The sad thing is it's not even entirely his fault, because idiot management 1) didn't get him a decent enough veteran/bridge D-man to help his transition to the bigs and 2) he was gift wrapped top 4 ice time.

But that's a convo for another day. Something's gotta give though, a deal needs to be made, they need a shake up.

Old
11-02-2013, 07:23 PM
VanillaCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdayz15 View Post
Reimer is who I'd be working my ass off to get!
Hes a solid G to plan around , and could probably be had for a pick + prospect .

Old
11-02-2013, 07:34 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoke View Post
Hes a solid G to plan around , and could probably be had for a pick + prospect .
Like to point out (yet again) there is a reason why TO went out and got Bernier in the off season and had a deal for Luongo at the deadline last year fall a part when the Leafs asked the canucks to recapture some money. Leafs have little faith in Reimer as a number 1 goalie and as the season goes along-- he will be on the bench more than on the ice.

Old
11-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

I'd take Reimer for cheap. Leafs won't let him go for cheap right now as he's playing well. He'd get lit up on this team though.

Old
11-02-2013, 07:36 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
Like to point out (yet again) there is a reason why TO went out and got Bernier in the off season and had a deal for Luongo at the deadline last year fall a part when the Leafs asked the canucks to recapture some money. Leafs have little faith in Reimer as a number 1 goalie and as the season goes along-- he will be on the bench more than on the ice.
Right. That's why he is playing most of the games. Stick to what you know, whatever that is.

Old
11-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Jet Walters

Gagner & Klefbom for Byflugien. Yakupov, Hemsky, Smid for Simmonds, B. Schenn, Coburn.

Hall RNH Simmonds
Perron Schenn Eberle

or

Hall Schenn Eberle
Perron RNH Simmonds

Looks like a much more balanced top six going forward.

Coburn Byflugien
Ferrence Petry
Belov Schultz

I would also look to trade N. Schultz for a third line right wing to form a shut down line with Joensuu and Gordon. Someone like Joel Ward from the Caps would look good there.

Old
11-02-2013, 07:43 PM
VanillaCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
That's probably true , which is why bernier + labarbra should be fine for TO . And reimer + dubnyk is better for edm

Old
11-02-2013, 08:30 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Walters View Post
Gagner & Klefbom for Byflugien. Yakupov, Hemsky, Smid for Simmonds, B. Schenn, Coburn.

Hall RNH Simmonds
Perron Schenn Eberle

or

Hall Schenn Eberle
Perron RNH Simmonds

Coburn Byflugien
Ferrence Petry
Belov Schultz

I would also look to trade N. Schultz for a third line right wing to form a shut down line with Joensuu and Gordon. Someone like Joel Ward from the Caps would look good there.
I like Phi deal if we could get those three it would give us what we need

Old
11-02-2013, 09:19 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Walters View Post

Hall RNH Simmonds
Perron Schenn Eberle

or

Hall Schenn Eberle
Perron RNH Simmonds

Coburn Byflugien
Ferrence Petry
Belov Schultz

Neither team on the other end is doing those... not getting top pairing D for Sam Gagner or half the good Flyers youngsters for one of ours...

More realistic would be...

Eberle N. Schultz for Byfuglien Setoguchi

Gagner Dubnyk 1st '14 to BUF for Ott Miller BUF 2nd '14

Yakupov J. Schultz BUF 2nd '14 for Simmonds Schenn Coburn

Hall-RNH-Simmonds
Perron-Schenn-Hemsky
Ott-Gordon-Setoguchi
Smyth-Arcobello-Jones
Gazdic Acton
IR Joensuu Mac

Smid-Byfuglien
Coburn-Petry
Ference-Belov
Grebeshkov

Miller
Bachman

$534K cap space

Old
11-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

All the proposals in here are with us trading with the 2 teams sucking as bad as us Philly and Buffalo , and we are overpaying .People seem to think they would help our team when they can't help their own , great more water to tread.

Old
11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
BarDownBobo

I don't get the obsession with Simmonds on here. I'd much rather go for Brayden Schenn. Can someone explain it to me?

Old
11-02-2013, 10:39 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
I don't get the obsession with Simmonds on here. I'd much rather go for Brayden Schenn. Can someone explain it to me?
Top 6 winger who has scored 25+goals, plays physical, goes to tough areas to score, and fights. Pretty much exactly what we need in our top 6.

Old
11-02-2013, 10:53 PM
shogun99

The only guys that should stay for next season are Hall, RNH, Perron, Gordon, one of Eberle or Yakupov and J.Schultz. Everyone else should be gone. They could be replaced with dancing monkeys for all I care.

Old
11-02-2013, 10:56 PM
GMofOilers

We'll I haven't been on the fire Eakins band wagon yet but wow he's getting the absolute worst out of his players. That's on him. This team looks worse than ever

Old
11-02-2013, 10:56 PM
GMofOilers

Maybe MacT should get some Marty Sakic's out there

Old
11-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

I remember being excited about this season.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:30 PM
spOiler

we are going for a record for most injuries in the first 20 games

Old
11-03-2013, 12:21 AM
rockinghockey

I don't care about winning, I care about compete level and there is no compete level.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Nothing can fix this team. It has cancer and the cancer has spread to the blood and the brain. No new kidney, lung or anything can save it now.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:38 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Top 6 winger who has scored 25+goals, plays physical, goes to tough areas to score, and fights. Pretty much exactly what we need in our top 6.
You really couldn't ask for a better fit

11-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
The only guys that should stay for next season are Hall, RNH, Perron, Gordon, one of Eberle or Yakupov and J.Schultz. Everyone else should be gone. They could be replaced with dancing monkeys for all I care.
Hall is a major part of the attitude of entitlement as losing on this team. J Schultz is absolute garbage and has done nothing to suggest he's an NHL player. I agree about Perron, RNH and Gordon. I would take Yakupov over Eberle because he spends time in the gym, not the rack.

Boston had the balls to trade Seguin when they decided he was a problem. Edmonton doesn't. It's time to realize who the players are that are creating this negative, selfish, entitled culture and time to stop blaming Ryan Smyth and Dallas Eakins

Old
11-03-2013, 01:46 AM
RisingSun
Registered Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Hall is a major part of the attitude of entitlement as losing on this team. J Schultz is absolute garbage and has done nothing to suggest he's an NHL player. I agree about Perron, RNH and Gordon. I would take Yakupov over Eberle because he spends time in the gym, not the rack.
IMO, Eberle is a must go at this point. I'm sorry but I don't think anyone can justify him staying here any longer. Yakupov provides certain aspects that can't be replaced by many. At this point all Eberle is a one dimensional player that contributes nothing but a few extra points over your average RW. I would much rather have a 65 point dynamic winger like E.Kane than a 75-80 point one dimensional Eberle that shows no heart what so ever and can only be clutch if he has a maple leaf on his jersey. He doesn't have any passion for this team anymore, unfortunately.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:48 AM
Mr Forever

I would trade Eberle for Simmonds straight up honestly. Man, remember the days when it was common for posters to say they would only trade Eberle for Malkin or Stamkos? Wow.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:52 AM
RisingSun
Registered Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I would trade Eberle for Simmonds straight up honestly. Man, remember the days when it was common for posters to say they would only trade Eberle for Malkin or Stamkos? Wow.
Oilers get ripped. I support trading Eberle, but only for a worth while return. Maybe a top 2 D? A #1 is unlikely.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Oilers get ripped. I support trading Eberle, but only for a worth while return. Maybe a top 2 D? A #1 is unlikely.
Yeah, Simmonds the 30 goal power forward who fights and gives a **** about winning is vastly inferior to Jordan The Ranch Eberle.

Closed Thread