HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 14: Preds @ Kings | 9:30 PM CST | FS-TN

Old
11-03-2013, 01:05 AM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Mr. Pred is having himself a season so far.
which means goodbye legwand.... he won't be worth what he gets. very few centers hitting free agency

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

C'mon Hutton, redeem yourself

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:07 AM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

I'm having a ****in heart attack right now

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Predsboro

scramble mode ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The inability to protect a 2 goal lead in the third period game by a defensive minded team is mind boggling to me. Not acceptable.
Defensive minded does not necessarily equal defensively efficient this season. The team is a minus in both the second and third periods for the season. The lapses and inability to clear the defensive zone are too frequent.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soundgarden

Holy Crap, this is scary. I can't wait until Rinne is back.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Wow Kopitar whiffs on the empty net

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

I may have been thinking about the Blum pick earlier when I remembered a bunch of us not happy with the dman pick in the 1st round.

Old
triggrman

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
He was a multi-record holding prospect at the time. For where we picked him in the draft it isn't that bad of a pick, he's still very young. If we didn't pick him and he turned out to be Karlsson then we'd be talking about how we never take the big offensive stars, whether they be forwards or defensemen.
You can say you like the pick, I didn't, and still don't. and no, Weber is a offensive star for a defenseman. He's scored more goals than any defensemen in the last 5 years.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:09 AM
INDhockeyfan

Preds win

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
which means goodbye legwand.... he won't be worth what he gets. very few centers hitting free agency
Unless he's set on staying a Predator. I would normally doubt it, but who knows with Legwand.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:10 AM
Soundgarden

Can't score on an empty net, but we win. Horny and Legwand were great tonight. I'm glad Hornqvist got the "A" this year.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:11 AM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

Glad I stayed up. Was on pins and needles but got the W in regulation. 3 out of 4 so far on the road. Decent start. I'll take it.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You can say you like the pick, I didn't, and still don't. and no, Weber is a offensive star for a defenseman. He's scored more goals than any defensemen in the last 5 years.
I didn't say I liked it, but he had a Niedermayer esque pedigree coming out of juniors, at 11th overall I say take the risk. It's not like he's waiver wire already. And yes Weber is our star on defense, but we had just drafted Josi the previous year, so we didn't really have many defense prospects besides Blum.

Getting off topic. Glad to see us getting another win, Hutton, while probably not an NHL starter, was good and stopped 35 shots.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:20 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Hutton's rebound control added to the drama but he made a few stops when needed. Allowing 38 shots on the rookie, supposed to be backup, goalie is playing with fire. The team defense is missing right now. Jekyll and Hyde games are one thing but this team is playing that way from period to period. We need a little luck on the health side so we can skate the same players for an entire game every now and then and to get some consistency in terms of play.

Three days without a game gives the medical staff a chance to evaluate Fisher and Hendricks. If necessary, there is plenty of time to get a body up from Milwaukee since they don't play again until Friday.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Two points tonight. I'm spent.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:23 AM
INDhockeyfan

The preds offense has come to life. Hutton made some saves there at the end with the game on the line. I blame the preds going into prevent mode in the 3rd for the Kings coming back more then Hutton. They need to play to win instead of not to lose with leads. They didn't get their butts in gear till it was tied. Anyways a good win. Starting off with 3 pts on this road trip is good.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Neal Before Zod

Definitely needed this after the Phoenix collapse. 3 points so far on the road trip. If we can pick up 8-9 with Hutton/Hellberg, that would be immense.

Typical Preds win. Get pasted in the stats, but win on the scoreboard. Ha.

Definitely lots of work ahead for this team, especially in terms of the defensive zone. We can't get into the habit of treating even strength like a penalty kill.

Hope Fish is OK.

On to the next one.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Iron Duke

Had this game down as a loss, so nice to see us come away with 2 points in regulation.

Team is seriously lacking some confidence with the lead. Hopefully that will start to fade with some more Ws. 8 goals in 2 games against some pretty solid defensive teams. Hope this team is primed and ready to go for the Avs.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:48 AM
PFL615

Leggy sure is playing for that next contract. We better find a deal for him before he goes ice cold for awhile. Glad the Preds pulled this one out. Hutton sure makes you miss Peks.
Nystrom sure has made all those people complaining and moaning in July tone down..

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Haha jesus christ I had to watch the game on GCL drunk and I totally thought we were going to lose it when they tied it at 3-3. Someone get Legwand a gold star sticker; well done sir. I haven't checked all the pages yet, but I am sure there are several Hutton complaints. He played a solid backup goalie game; to say otherwise is just incorrect.

First star for Kopitar for missing the empty net at the end on the rebound.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:05 AM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

I was in a cab on the way home for about half of the game, and then saw the highlights on NHLN. This thread really gave me the feeling of the roller coaster ride

Good on Leggy. Great game!

Hornqvist deserves a ton of praise for his game tonight, too. I have always kind of written him off as being too one-dimensional, but he really is showing that he can do a lot out there.

I don't think the hit on Josi was dirty, though I do hate Carcillo. Glad to see Clune stick up for his teammates regardless.

Forsberg didn't get much ice time, but one of his shifts really stuck out to me. He worked hard when he got the chance. I think he should be seeing some more time out there, especially with Fisher possibly out for more than just tonight.

What more can be said about Jones? The kid just continues to shine; a lot of what he does simply does not show up on the score sheet and he is still only 7 points back from the top scoring defenseman in the league at 19 (top scoring Dman is Subban followed by Karlsson... two extremely good offensive Dmen). This kid isn't just going to be special... he is already special.

Ekholm... man, he seems to have taken the strides we hoped he would take. He showed the ability to play at the level the last time he was playing for the big club, but some of us thought he needed to work on his smaller ice game. He has looked terrific as far as I am concerned.

We may not be a team that is going to make noise this year, especially with Rinne going down early on, but this club has a bright future.

11-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Hockeyfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I was in a cab on the way home for about half of the game, and then saw the highlights on NHLN. This thread really gave me the feeling of the roller coaster ride

Good on Leggy. Great game!

Hornqvist deserves a ton of praise for his game tonight, too. I have always kind of written him off as being too one-dimensional, but he really is showing that he can do a lot out there.

I don't think the hit on Josi was dirty, though I do hate Carcillo. Glad to see Clune stick up for his teammates regardless.

[B]Forsberg didn't get much ice time, but one of his shifts really stuck out to me. He worked hard when he got the chance. I think he should be seeing some more time out there, especially with Fisher possibly out for more than just tonight.[/B]
What more can be said about Jones? The kid just continues to shine; a lot of what he does simply does not show up on the score sheet and he is still only 7 points back from the top scoring defenseman in the league at 19 (top scoring Dman is Subban followed by Karlsson... two extremely good offensive Dmen). This kid isn't just going to be special... he is already special.

Ekholm... man, he seems to have taken the strides we hoped he would take. He showed the ability to play at the level the last time he was playing for the big club, but some of us thought he needed to work on his smaller ice game. He has looked terrific as far as I am concerned.

We may not be a team that is going to make noise this year, especially with Rinne going down early on, but this club has a bright future.
IMO Forsberg isn't doing that great and that is why he is getting scratched and not getting much ice time. All of his points are on the pp with his only goal being on a 5on3 pp. With tonight's game included he is now a -8. Not thinking he is deserves more time and to me he doesn't look ready for this level right now.

Hockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:30 AM
CC96
Serious Offender

Thanks for beating the Kings guys.

Congrats on the win!

CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 05:32 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

Forsberg didn't get much ice time, but one of his shifts really stuck out to me. He worked hard when he got the chance. I think he should be seeing some more time out there, especially with Fisher possibly out for more than just tonight.

Carcillo stuck his knee out. Too risky not to get called by the refs and called out for by Clune.

If it's the same shift I'm thinking of, Forsberg did a beautiful job stick handling but what did he leave himself after all of the spins and dekes? No passing lane to capitalize upon and no quality shooting lane. A ton of talent used to skate in circles along the boards that produced nothing. Compare that to Hornqvist who used puck movement to create lanes the team could capitalize upon ... the same for Legwand and Jones .... skate the puck as needed to create a passing or shooting lane for a quality scoring chance. I'm not sure if it's Forsberg's lack of time on the smaller ice that has him misreading angles and lanes but right now all of his talent is not producing results. One goal 5on3, a couple of secondary assists 5on4, no points and not even on the ice for an even strength goal for, -8.