HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 14: Preds @ Kings | 9:30 PM CST | FS-TN

Old
11-03-2013, 07:07 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Haha jesus christ I had to watch the game on GCL drunk and I totally thought we were going to lose it when they tied it at 3-3. Someone get Legwand a gold star sticker; well done sir. I haven't checked all the pages yet, but I am sure there are several Hutton complaints. He played a solid backup goalie game; to say otherwise is just incorrect.

First star for Kopitar for missing the empty net at the end on the rebound.
Nope not many complaints on Hutton at all. He wasn't great and still has no idea where his rebounds are going but he was better than he was in Phoenix for sure.

David Legwand and Patrick Hornqvist both with really good games.

Cullen and Smith need Bourque forecheck to be effective, they were not that good last night.

Players I did not notice, Forsberg, Wilson, Spaling.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:21 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Happy to get the win! The inability to hold a lead is frustrating, however

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:45 AM
MrMariusz

Great win!

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 10:05 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Have we finally shaken the curse of Adam Deadmarsh?

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 10:28 AM
AintLifeGrand

Dawgs Win, Preds Win- All in all a good sports day for me.

In both cases, sizable leads were almost surmounted by the opposition.

Hutton definitely cannot manage his rebounds and the Preds need to do a better job of getting them to the corners or clearing them.

The poise and awareness with the puck and an offense for the first 2 periods was awesome (even though we were being outshot). Setting something up behind the other team's net and driving a guy to the slot is how we will score goals all season- Glad we are doing it relatively well.

I thought the 2nd line of Cullen, Wilson, and Smith was invisible. Same with the rest of the team minus the first line .

Really want to see Forsberg start stepping it up.

With the Fisher injury, any chance we call Beck/Sissons up?

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 10:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Bourque was scratched last night, so as long as we have healthy scratches we won't see a call-up.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 11:31 AM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Dawgs Win, Preds Win- All in all a good sports day for me.

In both cases, sizable leads were almost surmounted by the opposition.

Hutton definitely cannot manage his rebounds and the Preds need to do a better job of getting them to the corners or clearing them.

The poise and awareness with the puck and an offense for the first 2 periods was awesome (even though we were being outshot). Setting something up behind the other team's net and driving a guy to the slot is how we will score goals all season- Glad we are doing it relatively well.

I thought the 2nd line of Cullen, Wilson, and Smith was invisible. Same with the rest of the team minus the first line .

Really want to see Forsberg start stepping it up.

With the Fisher injury, any chance we call Beck/Sissons up?
Cullen and Smith played with Clune for most of the night until Fisher went down. Doesn't surprise me they were invisible with Clune. I doubt we call anyone up because of the 2 guys that were injured. Fisher is a center replaced by Spaling. Hendricks a 4th line guy. We still have Bourque.

Speaking of Hendricks did anyone even notice he was gone?

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:23 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfever View Post
IMO Forsberg isn't doing that great and that is why he is getting scratched and not getting much ice time. All of his points are on the pp with his only goal being on a 5on3 pp. With tonight's game included he is now a -8. Not thinking he is deserves more time and to me he doesn't look ready for this level right now.
Honestly, I'm just looking for small details in his game that tend to show he has the talent we have all heard he has. Trotz and Poile both opined on the "it" factor during training camp, and when I watch him I'm looking for that. He has miles to go before he is a steady NHLer for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Carcillo stuck his knee out. Too risky not to get called by the refs and called out for by Clune.

If it's the same shift I'm thinking of, Forsberg did a beautiful job stick handling but what did he leave himself after all of the spins and dekes? No passing lane to capitalize upon and no quality shooting lane. A ton of talent used to skate in circles along the boards that produced nothing. Compare that to Hornqvist who used puck movement to create lanes the team could capitalize upon ... the same for Legwand and Jones .... skate the puck as needed to create a passing or shooting lane for a quality scoring chance. I'm not sure if it's Forsberg's lack of time on the smaller ice that has him misreading angles and lanes but right now all of his talent is not producing results. One goal 5on3, a couple of secondary assists 5on4, no points and not even on the ice for an even strength goal for, -8.
I would have to watch the Carcillo hit again, but when I watched it last night (twice) I looked for anything that would lead me to believe Carcillo stuck his knee out in a dirty or reckless fashion. I didn't see it. I have NHLN on right now, so when they show our highlights I'll watch again. To be perfectly honest, Carcillo is one of those guys about whose I try to find dirty aspects.

As for Forsberg, I'm still excited about him. He does need polishing, though. I'm not sure about which shift it was and at what time. The lack of DVR is really killing me in being able to go back and review the small things I think I see in the game.

11-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I would have to watch the Carcillo hit again, but when I watched it last night (twice) I looked for anything that would lead me to believe Carcillo stuck his knee out in a dirty or reckless fashion. I didn't see it. I have NHLN on right now, so when they show our highlights I'll watch again. To be perfectly honest, Carcillo is one of those guys about whose I try to find dirty aspects.
He led into the hit with his knee, but I'm not sure it was particularly egregious. Worthy of the 2 minute penalty, but that's about all. Satisfied with Clune pouncing on him right away. Only part that frustrated me was the 2 minute instigator.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:45 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I just watched the replay. The angle was from behind Carcillo, but from what I saw he didn't lead with the knee, or, if he did, he did a good job of hiding it.

At any event, Josi seems to be fine and it's in the past. Now, Brown on Fisher was ridiculous. Brown is a ****ing moron, and I'm going to use this meme again because I'd rather laugh than be pissed off at the moment.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:59 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Here's the fancies

http://www.thepredatorial.com/2013/1...reds-vs-kings/

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 01:18 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I just watched the replay. The angle was from behind Carcillo, but from what I saw he didn't lead with the knee, or, if he did, he did a good job of hiding it.

At any event, Josi seems to be fine and it's in the past. Now, Brown on Fisher was ridiculous. Brown is a ****ing moron, and I'm going to use this meme again because I'd rather laugh than be pissed off at the moment.

how is mocking/cheering a mental handicap any different than mocking/cheering an injury? Is it ok for him to be a moron and mock but I can't wish a sprained knee on him? Just trying to find the line of things we have to be above here.

thanks for the future clarification on the rules of the site not listed in the site rules.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
how is mocking/cheering a mental handicap any different than mocking/cheering an injury? Is it ok for him to be a moron and mock but I can't wish a sprained knee on him? Just trying to find the line of things we have to be above here.

thanks for the future clarification on the rules of the site not listed in the site rules.
Considering the coach of the team we cheer for, I'd probably expect us to veer away from that.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote