HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2013, 01:06 AM
tv14

vCash: 50
We need something to shake this up. Anything. But then again, thats not good bargaining power for us.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:40 AM
shogun99

vCash: 500
Minus the WJHC, Eberle has never really shown any heart. He's highly skilled and coasts off that skill. At least with Yakupov you have a player with a rare and elite skill set, trains hard and doesn't drink alcohol. He'd be the only RW i'd keep on this team moving forward. Hemsky mailed it in 6 games ago.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:49 AM
Hemsky4PM

I would be on board with Eberle for Dougie Hamilton. That's the type of deal this team needs for the future. I doubt Boston would do this deal by the way.

I would love to see Hemsky and Eberle for Simmonds and Voracek (both at 6-2 and 210 lbs). Again, I don't see the Flyers doing that deal.

As far as I'm concerned, you keep Hall, RNH, Perron and one of Yakupov, Gagner and Eberle. We need to turn these guys into some size and defense.

Old
11-03-2013, 03:26 AM
VanillaCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Boston had the balls to trade Seguin when they decided he was a problem. Edmonton doesn't.
This over and over

Old
11-03-2013, 04:15 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Time to toss some of our prized pieces around to see what we get

Old
11-03-2013, 04:20 AM
Hemsky4PM

Oilers should be entertaining trading anyone but Hall and RNH (although if the offer made sense...)

Hall - RHN - SIZE
Perron - Gagner - SIZE
SIZE/GRIT - Gordon - SIZE/GRIT
SIZE - SIZE/GRIT - SIZE

They might as well capitalize on Arcobello too - honestly, he doesn't fit at all.

This division has Vancouver, Los Angeles, San Jose...we are hooped long term without some size in the lineup to make some room for the skill.

I have to think Eberle, Yakupov, Arcobello, Hemsky and Justin Schultz would attract at least some mild interest. If you were to move both Yak and Eberle - you could entertain the idea of keeping Hemsky...

Old
11-03-2013, 05:43 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Oilers should be entertaining trading anyone but Hall and RNH (although if the offer made sense...)

Hall - RHN - SIZE
Perron - Gagner - SIZE
SIZE/GRIT - Gordon - SIZE/GRIT
SIZE - SIZE/GRIT - SIZE

They might as well capitalize on Arcobello too - honestly, he doesn't fit at all.

This division has Vancouver, Los Angeles, San Jose...we are hooped long term without some size in the lineup to make some room for the skill.

I have to think Eberle, Yakupov, Arcobello, Hemsky and Justin Schultz would attract at least some mild interest. If you were to move both Yak and Eberle - you could entertain the idea of keeping Hemsky...

Some targets:

W. Simmonds
J. Voracek
S. Couturier

M. Foligno
S. Ott

A. Henrique (I particularly like him as he played with Hall in Windsor)
T. Zajac
A. Larsson

N. Foligno
B. Dubinsky
R.J. Umberger

C. Wilson
P. Gaustad
R. Ellis

Old
11-03-2013, 06:08 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

we can blame goaltending all we want but the fact we are not scoring goals and only getting 14 shots on net per night should scare the **** out of us

Old
11-03-2013, 06:37 AM
Hemsky4PM

One saving grace (although our pro scouts suck), we have lots of guys off the books next year:

Hemsky
Smyth
Jones
Dubnyk
N Schultz
Potter
Larsen
Eager
Labarbera
Grebeshkov
Belov

That's over 1/3 of the roster. At this point...ahhhh, who am I kidding. This team is still messed.

Last edited by Hemsky4PM: 11-03-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: correction
Old
11-03-2013, 09:10 AM
BowDangles

Sunday Funday MacT. Get it done! Make that BOLD move you have been preaching about so much.

Trade an Eberle package for something big back.
Multi player deal.

I love that Seguin comment from above. Pull a Boston and get some value for one of these kids

Old
11-03-2013, 09:26 AM
jadeddog

yeah, i hate to say it, but eberle should be targeted for a trade.... its too soon to give up on yakupov, and his trade value is way too low anyhow... i also think yakupov ends up being the far superior player between eberle and himself.... eberle would have good value around the league

if you could get a gritty 3rd line RW and a top-3 type dman, thats a trade you have to make

something like: eberle + our 1st rounder this year for a good gritty 3rd line RW + top-3 dman

i don't know if such a trade is possible, but that is something i would do... i love eberle, i really do, but something has to give, and trading yakupov is a mistake this franchise can't afford to make

Old
11-03-2013, 09:28 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
We'll I haven't been on the fire Eakins band wagon yet but wow he's getting the absolute worst out of his players. That's on him. This team looks worse than ever
yeah i don't think they should fire him either, as eventually you just have to stick with *somebody*, but literally every single player on the team looks worse this year.... there isn't one player who looks better this year.... i suppose a slight argument could be made for petry and jones looking a LITTLE better.... but every single one of our bigger name players looks absolutely terrible compared to last year

Old
11-03-2013, 09:32 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
yeah, i hate to say it, but eberle should be targeted for a trade.... its too soon to give up on yakupov, and his trade value is way too low anyhow... i also think yakupov ends up being the far superior player between eberle and himself.... eberle would have good value around the league

if you could get a gritty 3rd line RW and a top-3 type dman, thats a trade you have to make

something like: eberle + our 1st rounder this year for a good gritty 3rd line RW + top-3 dman

i don't know if such a trade is possible, but that is something i would do... i love eberle, i really do, but something has to give, and trading yakupov is a mistake this franchise can't afford to make
I get what you're saying, but that is just a god awful trade. This season has us on our way to Ekblad. You want to trade a 1st line rw and a potential #1 d-man, for a 3rd liner, and a #3 d-man (of which we have plenty of) ?

Old
11-03-2013, 09:35 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I'd field offers on Hall - if the right offer came along I'd sell high. Have to be a knockout though

Old
11-03-2013, 09:35 AM
glassbangers
"I home."

I wouldn't trade our 2014 1st rounder. It probably will be top 3 pick so we have a big chance to get Ekblad. If we have 2nd overall and team before us picks Ekblad, trade the pick for immediate help.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:39 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
I get what you're saying, but that is just a god awful trade. This season has us on our way to Ekblad. You want to trade a 1st line rw and a potential #1 d-man, for a 3rd liner, and a #3 d-man (of which we have plenty of) ?
i guess i should say that, although we have been terrible, i personally think it is highly unlikely that we finish in the lottery.... i expect us to finish around 22nd overall, something like that anyhow.... similar to last year, maybe 1 or 2 places better/worse

so the trade would be: eberle + 7th overall for simmonds + coburn (for arguments sake)... i'm not saying it has to be simmonds and coburn, but rather players similar to them

Old
11-03-2013, 09:42 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i guess i should say that, although we have been terrible, i personally think it is highly unlikely that we finish in the lottery.... i expect us to finish around 22nd overall, something like that anyhow.... similar to last year, maybe 1 or 2 places better/worse

so the trade would be: eberle + 7th overall (for arguments sake)
I am sorry, but I still think that is a horrible deal. If we trade an eberle or a yakupov, its in a deal for a top 6 forward with size and a two way game, or for a top pairing dman.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Crabapple

I look at the rick Nash trade and how much it helped Columbus and hope we can do something similar with Eberle and Yak. Use them to fill the holes with actual nhl players and let Hall and RNH be the superstars.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

I've thought about it and I think Eberle is the guy to trade. You don't trade Yakupov as he's at his lowest value right now. Also, you keep the pick in hopes of drafting Ekblad and if you do, then you trade J.Schultz as we would have Ekblad, Nurse, and Klefbom coming up the pipeline. Maybe Philly would do a trade revolving around Couturier and J.Schultz. We get size down the middle and defensive awareness and they get a skilled defenseman. Obviously this would take place after the draft if we drafted Ekblad.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Hall is a major part of the attitude of entitlement as losing on this team. J Schultz is absolute garbage and has done nothing to suggest he's an NHL player. I agree about Perron, RNH and Gordon. I would take Yakupov over Eberle because he spends time in the gym, not the rack.

Boston had the balls to trade Seguin when they decided he was a problem. Edmonton doesn't. It's time to realize who the players are that are creating this negative, selfish, entitled culture and time to stop blaming Ryan Smyth and Dallas Eakins
You can't even begin to compare Boston's situation to Edmontons right now. Boston was a very good team at the time, but they were getting much bigger contributions from other players. They also got a very good return on paper, Loui Eriksson's stats were very good. Obviously he hasn't been playing that well for Boston so far, but on paper Boston wasn't exactly dumping Seguin for futures or anything like that.

Edmonton is a desperate, terrible team and I am fairly certain other GMs are circling over like vultures to steal away a Eberle or Yakupov.

Don't get me wrong, the Oilers should make some big trades if they can improve the club, all I'm saying is that this situation is not even remotely comparable to Boston's, completely different team and situation.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
I'm pretty sure we're more likely to see Hemsky, N. Schultz et al., traded for picks/prospects/role players than we are anything else.

I honestly don't see the Cavalry coming this season.

11-03-2013, 10:03 AM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Hall and RNH are untouchable....everyone else has a price

Eberle, Yak, J. Schultz could fetch a nice return...need SIZE and GRIT

Smid would be a good option to ship out to upgrade our D...high value around the league IMO

Old
11-03-2013, 10:08 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
Hall and RNH are untouchable....everyone else has a price

Eberle, Yak, J. Schultz could fetch a nice return...need SIZE and GRIT

Smid would be a good option to ship out to upgrade our D...high value around the league IMO
I know this is a weird name to add to those 2 on the untouchable list... but I put Gordon on it. We always hated ourselves for throwing away the Stoll's and the Brodziak's. I like the depth he brings at C, and IF we somehow made the bold moves to make us a playoff team next year, he's a guy that helps you win the ugly games.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Tedi

Right now every GM in the league is licking their chops for our inevitable fire sale...a truly sad state of affairs if you bleed copper and blue. This team needs a shakeup, hopefully it's not to painfull.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Eberle for Ehrhoff and Marcus Foligno

J.Schultz + Gagner for Couturier + Coburn +

Draft Ekblad

Perron/RNH/Hemsky
Hall/Couturier/Yakupov
Foligno/Gordon/Free agent
Free agent/Free agent/Jones?

Ehrhoff/Ekblad
Smid/Coburn
Ference/Nurse
N.Schultz

Either Petry or Smid could be packaged up. Maybe for a couple of effective bottom sixers or for a goalie

Closed Thread