HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filip Forsberg (Update: Sent back to the Ads)

Old
11-02-2013, 11:34 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Forsberg on the 4th line with goose and Spaling. This is a joke right?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:37 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Forsberg on the 4th line with goose and Spaling. This is a joke right?
not at all. this is where you send a player who needs to be taught/reminded how to play the defensive portion of the game.

they did the same thing with Stalberg before moving him up to a normal line.

The fact is the kid is doing zero offensively 5 on 5 right now anyway... I didnt notice but was he on the PP??

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:58 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
not at all. this is where you send a player who needs to be taught/reminded how to play the defensive portion of the game.

they did the same thing with Stalberg before moving him up to a normal line.

The fact is the kid is doing zero offensively 5 on 5 right now anyway... I didnt notice but was he on the PP??
Stalberg started on the 4th line coming back from injury, then was scratched for two games then put on one of the upper lines so you're analogy doesn't work. So Stalberg who's a vet gets rewarded for being scratched yet a kid with a ton of potential gets to play with grinders which is not where he needs to be playing. He either needs to be in Milwaukee playing top 6 minutes or playing top 9 minutes in Nashville, not playing on a line with muckers and grinders.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:25 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Of Gaustad, Spaling, and Forsberg which is the only one with zero points at even strength? It hasn't mattered who he is on a line with, he's gotten nothing done at even strength.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Nashville Transplant

Getting scratched two times is hardly "constantly." There's a learning curve for teenagers in the NHL. He's hardly set the world on fire since coming to NA, and it's normal to give him a chance to watch the game and observe what he needs to do to excel at this level.

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:57 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Of Gaustad, Spaling, and Forsberg which is the only one with zero points at even strength? It hasn't mattered who he is on a line with, he's gotten nothing done at even strength.
Offensive players aren't like grinders, they need some work to develop chemistry, that means ice time and consistant linemates.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:12 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Offensive players aren't like grinders, they need some work to develop chemistry, that means ice time and consistant linemates.
He probably could use some time in Milwaukee to get his game together. He isn't making good decisions in the defensive zone and after all of the puck handling and spinning around gets into positions where he has at best a low percentage play but still tries to force it past the goalie. He needs to realize that sometimes the smart play is the pass back and use puck movement to create an opening for himself or a teammate rather than depend on puck handling.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:11 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Perhaps he can use some time in Milwaukee, but it's easy to see the guy has skill in the offensive zone. His all around game can use polishing. Still, there is something about him that just isn't present in most, if any, of our forwards.

I hope he isn't given up on. I do think given some room to grow he will florish in this league.

11-03-2013, 08:09 AM
predshabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Perhaps he can use some time in Milwaukee, but it's easy to see the guy has skill in the offensive zone. His all around game can use polishing. Still, there is something about him that just isn't present in most, if any, of our forwards.

I hope he isn't given up on. I do think given some room to grow he will florish in this league.
I agree with ThirdManIn 100%.

I think numbers do not lie. 12:22 ATOI only other player who plays regular with less is Stalberg. Either play him on top two lines or ship him to Milwaukee so he can polish up his game. Our top prospect does not belong on the bottom line playing all of 5:00 mins.

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:15 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

There is no way he's been "given up on"

Look at how long we have been waiting on Wilson... and Smith.

FF will be fine but I do think he would benefit from some time in Milwaukee, if he is able to go there

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Preds33

Based on how he is being used and based on most people's reactions, I think Forsberg doesn't belong with this club, even though a player like him is what the team needs. I believe he would be flourishing already if he was on a team like Colorado that doesn't care as much about defense but would rather score score score and let the lead they build carry them through the game. He's going to be another player with great potential and skill, but is never allowed to use all of it.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 09:42 AM
hockey diva

Colorado is not a good example right now. They are getting great goaltending and playing decently on the defensive side. They have collectively drank the Royaid. They believe they can win every game and it shows. I wish our guys had such confidence.

I think this a Trotz problem honestly. He refuses to put him with line mates who are on his level offensively. And this line up is unable to get to the scoring areas consistently so even if Forsberg stick handles his way through the D, there is no one in position to get a pass. It's not just him getting himself in trouble.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Based on how he is being used and based on most people's reactions, I think Forsberg doesn't belong with this club, even though a player like him is what the team needs. I believe he would be flourishing already if he was on a team like Colorado that doesn't care as much about defense but would rather score score score and let the lead they build carry them through the game. He's going to be another player with great potential and skill, but is never allowed to use all of it.
Hogwash

FF will be fine you are however correct that he should not be with this club. He needs year in the AHL minimum. There is no doubt he has the skill what he lacks is experience. There are enough players to be critical of on this team but this kid is not the issue.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Hogwash

FF will be fine you are however correct that he should not be with this club. He needs year in the AHL minimum. There is no doubt he has the skill what he lacks is experience. There are enough players to be critical of on this team but this kid is not the issue.
I didn't say he was the issue. The issue is the team's system. He doesn't fit it, and molding him into it will as I said earlier not allow him to fully use his skill. Yes he needs to learn a little more defensive skills, but I do not understand why this team can't have 10 or 11 defensive minded forwards and 1 or 2 offensive minded forwards.

I will go ahead an predict that he WILL NEVER be "Great" while playing here, he will be just average thanks to the system.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 10:06 AM
NoNecksCurse

trotz will ruin forsberg. now go ahead and flame me for that..he was the 2nd rated forward in his draft year. and we are going to ruin him.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Byrddog

You may well be right that he may never be great. And I also agree that the system is much more suited for the gritty forward like Hornqvist but there have been others in the system that flourished Sully, PK Erat Radu did well. In a best case we would have talented forwards to bring FF along. Theres not a line that could be put together right now that would allow Forsbergs skill to shine while he develops. He will need to be the goto guy on his line and right now it really does not look like hes ready for that.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
trotz will ruin forsberg. now go ahead and flame me for that..he was the 2nd rated forward in his draft year. and we are going to ruin him.
No reason to flame. That is the sysem is team has right now. Would FF benefit from the wide open system of a Colorado? You bet but Mac scored just his second goal last night in that system. And we can all agree that MAc is a better player than Forsberg. To change the system there must be talent to play a different system. This would require the team be blown up and struggling for a few years. If the ownership feels this s needed they will remove Trotz and DP and do a BUFFALO. I would not hold my breath on that though. Anyone can be replaced but I see Poile getting the AX before Trotz.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:41 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I didn't say he was the issue. The issue is the team's system. He doesn't fit it, and molding him into it will as I said earlier not allow him to fully use his skill. Yes he needs to learn a little more defensive skills, but I do not understand why this team can't have 10 or 11 defensive minded forwards and 1 or 2 offensive minded forwards.

I will go ahead an predict that he WILL NEVER be "Great" while playing here, he will be just average thanks to the system.
Can you explain what defensive responsibilities are restricting him in this system? I'll save you the trouble, they're aren't many for a winger. You can make that statement on a center in Trotz's system but not the wingers, that I can see.

Radulov did hit the doghouse at first because he had issues with chasing the play in the defensive zone, which allowed teams to easily cycle the puck with no winger covering the point. Every team would have an issue with this.

Wilson's early issues with Trotz were trying to hang on to the puck too long in the neutral zone and turning it over. Every team would have an issue with this

So what are Forsbergs issues defensively that wouldn't be there in another system?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Jarnberg

Forsberg is getting the same treatment as Smith and Wilson. He'll be benched or moved down lines for mistakes and will end up being scared to take risks on the ice. He'll likely turn into the Smith/Wilson mold: chips in sometimes but unable to carry an offense and not reaching full potential.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

More annoyingly, this team is a far cry from a playoff team. We should be playing the youngsters like FF, Borque, Wilson, Smith, Beck, Watson, etc more than anyone else. Hendricks getting ice time over any of these guys is mind numbingly stupid. Stalberg seems to be a flop, Nystrom has been a surprise, Cullen is up and down.

I just wish this team would've just let the rebuild happen. Maybe we still will. With the upcoming expansion, I don't see guys like Hendricks, Cullen, staying for the length of their contracts.

But I think it is time for Trotz and Poile to ride off into the sunset together. We need a fresh start.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 11:36 AM
NoNecksCurse

he needs to be in Milwaukee. trotz is giving him the typical rookie treatment. 5 minutes of TOI last night.... 5 MINUTES.. trotz/poile cant be that idiotic can they?

Old
11-03-2013, 11:38 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
he needs to be in Milwaukee. trotz is giving him the typical rookie treatment. 5 minutes of TOI last night.... 5 MINUTES.. trotz/poile cant be that idiotic can they?
Did you watch him in the defensive zone, especially on the Kings first goal?

Old
11-03-2013, 11:49 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Did you watch him in the defensive zone, especially on the Kings first goal?
i dont believe anyone here posted he is defensively detailed to put it lightly. but to put him in a position to fail playing 5 minutes with the grinders is a waste of FF's skills. he's young, he needs time in Milwaukee to be able to play for trotz the way he requires. what they are doing with his development at the moment is idiotic at best and doing nothing but hurting him. put him in a top 6 role with two way guys.. otherwise, what the hell are they accomplishing here?

Old
11-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
i dont believe anyone here posted he is defensively detailed to put it lightly. but to put him in a position to fail playing 5 minutes with the grinders is a waste of FF's skills. he's young, he needs time in Milwaukee to be able to play for trotz the way he requires. what they are doing with his development at the moment is idiotic at best and doing nothing but hurting him. put him in a top 6 role with two way guys.. otherwise, what the hell are they accomplishing here?
If they do this the entire season, I'll agree, but I'm not going to get too bent 15 games in. This is a kid that Trotz was extremely high on in the off-season, and I doubt that has changed, regardless of his TOI. If they feel he's making progress in his game, and doing the things they expect of him, I think he'll stick with the roster and get a bigger role as the season progresses. If they think he's hit a wall, or isn't ready, they'll send him down. No sense rushing the decision.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:15 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
There is no way he's been "given up on"

Look at how long we have been waiting on Wilson... and Smith.

FF will be fine but I do think he would benefit from some time in Milwaukee, if he is able to go there
I'm not saying I hope he hasn't already been given up on. I'm saying I hope he isn't eventually given up on. He hasn't been on our team nearly long enough for anyone to have given up on him yet.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote