HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This team needs to start sticking up for it's players

Old
12-15-2006, 04:43 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Sticking up for Jagr isn't going to protect an injury. A fluke injury could happen, or some jerk could run him. Going after Hatcher isn't going to stop some other jerk from taking a run at Jagr if they want to. None of you 3 (the main 3 enforcer lovers of TBBB, Ahall and Dagoon) realize that.
HAHA. OK. So let's just let our players get run. Simply because it won't stop them let's not respond. Straka-Nylander-Jagr the whole line gets injured and nailed...but who cares...let's just forget about it because maybe somebody else will do it. Good thinking...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:44 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
well alot of teams stick up for each other, the rangers dont, i guess they are waiting for Jagr to get hurt. when Prucha got injured last year no one stuck up for him, even though it was not a dirty hit. Even the bad teams stick up for their stars. I wonder why the Rangers dont.
If memory serves correctly Strudwick did stick up for Prucha

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
It doesn't matter. It's simply the precedent of it all. A guy takes a run at our star, either someone is sent out to cheapshot/beat the **** out of him or we run THEIR star.

You don't just let ouor guy sget walked all over. Going after Hatcer and/or Gagne at least shows other teams what happens when you cheapshot Jagr.
When Tucker ran Jagr in Toronto Ward, Tyutin, and Hollweg all hit him hard....Did that stop Hatcher?

As long as Jagr is playing he is going to be a target....Short of Jesus suiting up for the Rangers nothing is going to prevent him from taking cheap shots....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 05:00 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
When Tucker ran Jagr in Toronto Ward, Tyutin, and Hollweg all hit him hard....Did that stop Hatcher?

As long as Jagr is playing he is going to be a target....Short of Jesus suiting up for the Rangers nothing is going to prevent him from taking cheap shots....
If the Rangers had an intimidating physical presence that would not be the case. As it stands...they simply need to just be there to stick up for him. Sure they came back and hit Tucker hard...but nothing overly physical or aggressive. If someone had fought Darcy and beat him down some other players may be intimidated. Every team has those players who will do anything reguardless of the consequences, and for those guys, you simply need to respond as best a team can. Two most finesse hockey lovers (Fire Sather, SOS)...your proposing that we let our guys get hit without responding or hitting theirs even harder? Proves how much you know about the game

Old
12-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
If the Rangers had an intimidating physical presence that would not be the case. As it stands...they simply need to just be there to stick up for him. Sure they came back and hit Tucker hard...but nothing overly physical or aggressive. If someone had fought Darcy and beat him down some other players may be intimidated. Every team has those players who will do anything reguardless of the consequences, and for those guys, you simply need to respond as best a team can. Two most finesse hockey lovers (Fire Sather, SOS)...your proposing that we let our guys get hit without responding or hitting theirs even harder? Proves how much you know about the game
don't catergorize me as anything but a friggin rangers fan...

I'm not responding the rest of this nonsense...the day that you bring somethign to the table besides this bs i'll respond....

dude when you aren't talking about colton orr and the rest of this garbage you are pretty good poster....

Old
12-15-2006, 05:07 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:

I'm not responding the rest of this nonsense...the day that you bring somethign to the table besides this bs i'll respond....

dude when you aren't talking about colton orr and the rest of this garbage you are pretty good poster....
Yeah...same to you...but for a completely different reason...BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS PART OF THE GAME...NOT AT ALL. Seriously man...your post seems as if you'd prefer for us to just have Jagr get run and not anyone on the team go after the guy who hit him. Not even Renney agrees with you

Old
12-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Yeah...same to you...but for a completely different reason...BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS PART OF THE GAME...NOT AT ALL. Seriously man...your post seems as if you'd prefer for us to just have Jagr get run and not anyone on the team go after the guy who hit him. Not even Renney agrees with you
yeah that's what i prefer....

or

do i UNDERSTAND that nothing is going to prevent Jagr from being run..actually his retirment is going to prevent that...

Old
12-15-2006, 05:18 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
yeah that's what i prefer....

or

do i UNDERSTAND that nothing is going to prevent Jagr from being run..actually his retirment is going to prevent that...
So what?!!?!?! You still gotta stick up for him. Geez man...you think when Elias got levelled by Alberts and White came to stick up for him...the team felt no momentum or emotion or passion? You don't think it showed Boston that they'll have to pay for any other cheap or big hits they throw? It's part of the game and 90 percent of the time it sends a message to the other team. When your enforcer cannot beat Mathew Barnaby in a fight...well then you may have a problem as far as sending any type of message

Old
12-15-2006, 05:32 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
So what?!!?!?! You still gotta stick up for him. Geez man...you think when Elias got levelled by Alberts and White came to stick up for him...the team felt no momentum or emotion or passion? You don't think it showed Boston that they'll have to pay for any other cheap or big hits they throw? It's part of the game and 90 percent of the time it sends a message to the other team. When your enforcer cannot beat Mathew Barnaby in a fight...well then you may have a problem as far as sending any type of message
I agree. thats the first fight that I have seen Barnaby win in years. I hate the Debs but watching Colin White do was he is supposed to do when your best player gets run,was impressive to me. If I'm a d-man and I know that I'm in for a definitive form of retaliation if I hit the other teams franchise player (especially with a high hit to the jaw) then I would think twice about it. I bet we will not see Andrew Alberts running aound like a tough guy the next time the Bs play N.J.And if he doesn't then Colin White earned his pay in spades. Either way you look at this, the Rangers are too soft and I believe the borderline hits against them are going to get worse.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:

Perfectly said

Hire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:50 PM
True Blue

Quote:
If the Rangers had an intimidating physical presence that would not be the case.
Unfortunately for you, all evidence points to the contrary.
Quote:
Two most finesse hockey lovers (Fire Sather, SOS)...your proposing that we let our guys get hit without responding or hitting theirs even harder? Proves how much you know about the game
Must this type of crap continue? Come on dude. Agree or disagree with people all you want but can we please quit with the rather ridiculous attempts at either making people "not real" fans or claiming that they do not know about hockey? I may disagree w/ SOS on quite a few hockey issues, but that has absolutely nothing to do with his or Fire Sather's knowledge of the game. Both of them post here frequently (all throughout the lockout year as well) and, in SOS's case, is also a season ticket holder. So agree or disagree with them all you want, but to question people's knowledge simply becuase they have a different viewpoint is assinine.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:55 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Unfortunately for you, all evidence points to the contrary.

Must this type of crap continue? Come on dude. Agree or disagree with people all you want but can we please quit with the rather ridiculous attempts at either making people "not real" fans or claiming that they do not know about hockey? I may disagree w/ SOS on quite a few hockey issues, but that has absolutely nothing to do with his or Fire Sather's knowledge of the game. Both of them post here frequently (all throughout the lockout year as well) and, in SOS's case, is also a season ticket holder. So agree or disagree with them all you want, but to question people's knowledge simply becuase they have a different viewpoint is assinine.
Well then why does it constantly happen to me...and when it does...there are no posts like this? Clearly some of you have your favorites...and I can't stand that. And to your first comment...I never said Orr was intimidating

Old
12-15-2006, 08:19 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Well then why does it constantly happen to me...and when it does...there are no posts like this? Clearly some of you have your favorites...and I can't stand that. And to your first comment...I never said Orr was intimidating
Next on Days of Our Lives.... TBBB feels as though certain members of HFboards have a personal vendetta against him while Son of Steinbrenner and Fire Sather wrestle with their inner dislike of Colton Orr..... will they be able to accept him as an everyday player this season?

Stay tuned to find out....

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:43 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Next on Days of Our Lives.... TBBB feels as though certain members of HFboards have a personal vendetta against him while Son of Steinbrenner and Fire Sather wrestle with their inner dislike of Colton Orr..... will they be able to accept him as an everyday player this season?

Stay tuned to find out....
HAHA. Well TB mentioned it....and guess what? It happens to me all the time...so I thought I'd let him know. Personally...really makes no difference to me.

Old
12-15-2006, 10:23 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
I think it will take a injury to jagr or straka by a cheap shot to get the message to Renney. Renney could say all he wants about sticking up for our stars, but nothing happened Heck with less than a minute to go while the rangers were leading, why put the nylander line out there, what if Ben Eager who is a tough guy kneed straka and he goes down out 2-4 months. If I was the coach I would put Orr on the ice just in case if things got out of hand. At least if Orr instigated a fight hed get a misconduct penalty. At least the Rangers most likely would have still won the game.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 08:53 AM
True Blue

Quote:
And to your first comment...I never said Orr was intimidating
No, you said that it would not happen if they had an intimidating presence. No one mentioned Orr.
Quote:
Well then why does it constantly happen to me...and when it does...there are no posts like this? Clearly some of you have your favorites...and I can't stand that.
Favorite what? And I doubt that the usual suspects on this board would ever state that someone that they are talking with does not know anything about hockey.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:46 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
No, you said that it would not happen if they had an intimidating presence. No one mentioned Orr.

Favorite what? And I doubt that the usual suspects on this board would ever state that someone that they are talking with does not know anything about hockey.
OK...well we do not have an intimidating presence...so I stand by that comment