HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal: Ottawa and Pittsburgh

Old
12-16-2006, 04:36 PM
discostu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
I don't think he did, his coach mentioned he wanted to be traded before the deadline last year. He isn't pulling a Yashin where he's blabbing about it and being miserable about it. And I don't remember that far back to provide a link.
Even if it was just the coach, any inference to that nature would have been big news, and widely talked about, especially around here. If you can't find a link that even talks about it, then it most likely never happened.

The link between Ovechkin and Washington seems pretty strong. Heck, he was announcing their draft picks for them in Vancover this year.

discostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 04:49 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdudley View Post
Hey, if secondary assists is the name of the game, we should just make Corvo a forward.

I still like Corvo though (but I didn't see the Nashville game).
And he has chemistry with spezza. When Redden gets back they should try him on the right wing with Spezza and Heater. He would probably score 30.

bert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:04 PM
freakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Even if it was just the coach, any inference to that nature would have been big news, and widely talked about, especially around here. If you can't find a link that even talks about it, then it most likely never happened.

The link between Ovechkin and Washington seems pretty strong. Heck, he was announcing their draft picks for them in Vancover this year.
it's possible my memory is bad, but anyways it's irrelevant to me, since Ottawa ain't signing him. And a off hand comment isn't going to be huge news, especially when the end result was he wasn't traded. The fact of the matter is Washington isn't a contender and won't be in the near future, if he does re-sign with Washington I hope for his sake it's not a long term deal.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Hockey Talker29

A trade request would have been huge news. It never happened.

Hockey Talker29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:28 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
it's possible my memory is bad, but anyways it's irrelevant to me, since Ottawa ain't signing him. And a off hand comment isn't going to be huge news, especially when the end result was he wasn't traded. The fact of the matter is Washington isn't a contender and won't be in the near future, if he does re-sign with Washington I hope for his sake it's not a long term deal.
Are you serious. Look at the team three years from now.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Fehr
Fleischmann-Zubrus-Semin
Pettinger-Sutherby-Clark
Laich-Gordon-?

Morrisonn-(UFA defenseman)
Eminger-Green
Pothier-Pokulock
Thats not even including defensemen like Finley,Schultz,McNeill and
Lepisto

Varlamov
Kolzig

Then theres the cap space the Caps have. They have a solid emerging team. Don;t think otherwise.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:33 PM
freakin

it's funny how I'm now trapped in a debate. That I could honestly care less about. Just saying a rumor I heard, whether you believe it, I don't really care.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:35 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
it's funny how I'm now trapped in a debate. That I could honestly care less about. Just saying a rumor I heard, whether you believe it, I don't really care.
fair enough but you should not lay mention to the Caps sucking in the future when they have such a solid foundation.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Ovech has stated in the past he wants to be traded. Free Agency would be his opportunity since the coach isn't trading him. There's also something the coach said recently that also indicates he won't be staying, but I forget what that was at the moment.
When did AO ever say he wanted to be traded\? He has been over the top supportive of the Caps in ever way possible. He even picked their draft picks at the draft. The Caps are 5 games over .500 right now and are no where near the cap spending limit.

AO may tire of Washington at some point but there is no indications whatsoever that that will occur anytime soon.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 10:24 AM
A-Train in Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVD View Post
Throw in Gerber, he can be a mentor for Fleury.
With the way Fleury is playing you'd think it would be the other way around.

A-Train in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote