HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Renney retaliation quote we never heard

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2006, 06:37 AM
  #51
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
If the Rangers don't address the issue of sticking up for teammates, they'll most likely get swept in the first round again.
I don't think it's that drastic, we didn't get disgraced by Jersey last year because of a lack of sticking up for our players. Unless that's what Jagr was doing with "the punch"

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:17 AM
  #52
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
As far as the Hatcher hit goes, if you can't go toe to toe with the guy, you do exactly the same thing to their top player. You send Hollweg out there with instructions to bang the crap of him. You therefore are sending a very clear message to the other team, the same as if someone went after Hatcher.
I agree. But we've touched on that before. Renney could easily send Hollweg onto the ice with the same type of mission that Cam Jan had for NJ. However, Renney's pacifistic style prevents that.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 10:50 AM
  #53
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
As far as the Hatcher hit goes, if you can't go toe to toe with the guy, you do exactly the same thing to their top player. You send Hollweg out there with instructions to bang the crap of him. You therefore are sending a very clear message to the other team, the same as if someone went after Hatcher.
Yes...Hollweg can hit Hatcher hard...but if any type of fight evolves the Flyers will destroy Hollweg and run away with tons of momentum

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:04 PM
  #54
HenrikO'doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Yes...Hollweg can hit Hatcher hard...but if any type of fight evolves the Flyers will destroy Hollweg and run away with tons of momentum
However the message is sent, and have Orr with Hollweg to help in the fighting department. Sometimes you dont need to win the fights, just prove your willing to fight em.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 09:52 PM
  #55
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Yes...Hollweg can hit Hatcher hard...but if any type of fight evolves the Flyers will destroy Hollweg and run away with tons of momentum
No, hollweg does not hit Hatcher, he hits Gagne. You run my guy, I run your guy. *** for tat. That's how the game use to be played.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 09:57 PM
  #56
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I agree. But we've touched on that before. Renney could easily send Hollweg onto the ice with the same type of mission that Cam Jan had for NJ. However, Renney's pacifistic style prevents that.
I think you mistake Renney's motitive. I don't think Renney is a pacifist. I think the team is constructed to suit Jagr at this moment and that is more of the reason why we are weak in that area. Renney is not comfortable that Orr can play a regular 4th line shift. It is a hard balancing act.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 10:42 PM
  #57
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
No, hollweg does not hit Hatcher, he hits Gagne. You run my guy, I run your guy. *** for tat. That's how the game use to be played.
And exactly what I miss

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 08:55 AM
  #58
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
I think you mistake Renney's motitive. I don't think Renney is a pacifist. I think the team is constructed to suit Jagr at this moment and that is more of the reason why we are weak in that area. Renney is not comfortable that Orr can play a regular 4th line shift. It is a hard balancing act.
This is not about Orr. Hollweg could have been sent out onto the ice with the instructions of ramming Gagne through the boards. Going after another team's top players is just as effective as dropping the gloves with the original offender.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:53 PM
  #59
JRGNYR
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
No, hollweg does not hit Hatcher, he hits Gagne. You run my guy, I run your guy. *** for tat. That's how the game use to be played.
I'm with you, ATLANTARANGER. Going after Hatcher is too easy and that'd draw a penalty as the refs would be watching for retaliation. Instead, throw a hard, clean hit into Gagne the next time he crosses the blue line. Better yet, catch him with his head down in open ice. I think that gives the Rangers a better chance of staying out of the

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.