Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

*OFFICIAL* Mississauga Steelheads 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Quack

vCash: 500
Went out to the game today, tough loss vs. Erie.

Was fun seeing Connor McDavid play though, really entertaining team over in Erie.

Old
10-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Torts
Dont Doubt the Trout

Been a tough couple games as the team needs to get back on track. Cianfrone hurt and Martin not playing up to his standard has up always trying to play from behind. Hope the boys can right the ship this weekend.

Old
10-22-2013, 03:12 PM
NHL Fanatic

I saw on twitter somewhere that Duhaime is no longer listed on the roster on the Steelheads website. Neither is Cobbold.

Old
10-22-2013, 03:28 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I saw on twitter somewhere that Duhaime is no longer listed on the roster on the Steelheads website. Neither is Cobbold.

Heard last Thursday both were on waivers

Old
10-22-2013, 09:11 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
Been a tough couple games as the team needs to get back on track. Cianfrone hurt and Martin not playing up to his standard has up always trying to play from behind. Hope the boys can right the ship this weekend.
Missy is a completely different team without the likes of Cianfrone. He makes the team much more efficient offensively.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Torts
Dont Doubt the Trout

Duhaime I hate to say it but thank god he is gone. Just never found a role or was able to contribute. Good luck to him in future endeavours.

Cobbold however I thought most nights was one of our hard working players. I guess it opens things up for next year OA's and younger players now but would have liked him to at least finish the season.

On another note. Any likelihood we could go after Hargrave or Addesi from Sarnia. Both younger players with bigger bodies who could help us out moving forward.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:22 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Duhaime I hate to say it but thank god he is gone. Just never found a role or was able to contribute. Good luck to him in future endeavours.

Cobbold however I thought most nights was one of our hard working players. I guess it opens things up for next year OA's and younger players now but would have liked him to at least finish the season.

On another note. Any likelihood we could go after Hargrave or Addesi from Sarnia. Both younger players with bigger bodies who could help us out moving forward.
I remember when the team picked Bourne, Hargrave was also a player they were looking at in that range. With those players it will all depend on the compensation Sarnia is looking to attain.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Torts
Dont Doubt the Trout

Quote:
I remember when the team picked Bourne, Hargrave was also a player they were looking at in that range. With those players it will all depend on the compensation Sarnia is looking to attain.
We do love giving guys fresh starts. Smosky, Kontos, Maxwell, etc...

Old
10-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Torts
Dont Doubt the Trout

We traded a 2014 5th roung pick to London for Jacob Jammes. Adds another younger body I guess but hopefully he returns to the form that made him a 2nd round pick by the Knights.

Old
10-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Steel Toe

Cianfrone

Cianfrone is supposed to make his return tomorrow night at home vs the Generals.
This is good news for the Steelheads, it was mentioned in a previous post that this team is not the same without him and how true it that! Cianfrone brings a added offensive threat everytime he is on the ice and is a pleasure to watch.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:33 AM
ProspectHunter

Quote:
We traded a 2014 5th roung pick to London for Jacob Jammes. Adds another younger body I guess but hopefully he returns to the form that made him a 2nd round pick by the Knights.
I hope this works out for the young man and for the team. While they obviously need some added scoring, it is on the back end that things have been most suspect so far. A young and inexperienced D and some poor play from veterans that has cost the team too many bad goals and some inconsistent play between the pipes. Wonder if the team is looking for an experienced D to bring some stability or if they are just going to live with the growing pains?

Old
10-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 2405
Are there any Avs fans on this thread who are also into hockey cards?

Old
10-26-2013, 08:43 AM
WhoisJohnGalt

Pretty good game against Oshawa last. Martin definitely earned the first star. Nice contribution all around. Good to see Jammes get his first goal in his first game. Tonight's return game at their rink should be a challenge. - I would expect the Gens to be loaded for bear.

Old
10-30-2013, 03:47 PM
ProspectHunter

Clearly the Steelheads have played better than expected so far this season. That said, Smoskowitz and Carrick are carrying the majority of the freight. Both have to be considered high value on the trade market. What can the Steelheads expect in return for these players? Is Boyd willing to trade his most valuable players for success in the future, or will he hang on to both in an attempt to make the playoffs?

Old
10-30-2013, 09:59 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectHunter View Post
Clearly the Steelheads have played better than expected so far this season. That said, Smoskowitz and Carrick are carrying the majority of the freight. Both have to be considered high value on the trade market. What can the Steelheads expect in return for these players? Is Boyd willing to trade his most valuable players for success in the future, or will he hang on to both in an attempt to make the playoffs?
Both have possibility yes, but I think there is more of a chance Smoskowitz is traded than Carrick.

Old
10-31-2013, 02:41 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Both have possibility yes, but I think there is more of a chance Smoskowitz is traded than Carrick.
This is where Missy could really capitalize on their assets in those guys and get some solid returns. With a young enough, but not too young core they should be able to build strong for a few years to come.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Torts
Dont Doubt the Trout

4 game winning streak for the guys! Love the way the team is playing. Battling and getting timely offence from all lines at the moment. Word is that at the "town hall" meeting Boyd said there was no more trades left to be made and this is the team. Now, I am not oblivious to the fact that we can get quite a bit for Smosky and Carrick (especially the way he is playing this year) but if that's not the case I wanna see how far this team can go in a wide open East. Hopefully finally get a playoff series win (haven't had one since Mem cup year)

Old
11-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Steel Toe

Im liking the way this team is playing too, I wouldn't make any trades either at this point. Unless this team does a big dive in the standing from now till the dead line than maybe so. Plus this team is young this year and they will have a lot of talented core players returning next year anyways. With the East be wide open and the our division being pretty weak I think this team can compete and maybe win a round if everything goes accordingly. Again this team goes as far as Martin take them, end of story.
Last point , this team has proven many people wrong so far , many projected the Steelheads to finish dead last .

Old
11-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Duke Guy

How much will Bourne be missed?

Old
11-05-2013, 11:15 AM
superspitfan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
This is where Missy could really capitalize on their assets in those guys and get some solid returns. With a young enough, but not too young core they should be able to build strong for a few years to come.
This team did well at the beginning of the season last year too. For Smosks sake, I hope they do trade him at deadline to give him the opportunity to join a contender, perhaps even Carrick too.

Old
11-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Guy View Post
How much will Bourne be missed?
What happened to him?

Old
11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
What happened to him?
Suspended 10 games for illegal hit on Vande Sompel. Here's a video if your interested.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...7474c2b76f17e2

Old
11-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Suspended 10 games for illegal hit on Vande Sompel. Here's a video if your interested.

Thanks....ugly.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:25 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post

At the very most should have been 3 games. Why don't we call the game Ringette?

Old
11-05-2013, 04:01 PM
NHL Fanatic

I feel like the suspension was more of a result of the injury than the actual hit

Closed Thread