HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn goes nuts with 5 points

Old
12-16-2006, 01:53 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
His skating is sluggish and he only hustled every now and then (and he was on the bubble for an NHL spot!).

I still think he has a ways to go. He doesn't have his mind right yet. I'd like to see him work hard (and maybe he is, I dunno) before calling him up. We could use another shooter.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
Well the Habs should send a video tape to all there " potential wanna be NHL er's of Lappierre and label it

"how it is done and how you stay here"

Hope Kosty has been watching Max
To that, I say

Got to say that I am thrilled by the way AKost reacted to his return to the AHL; I'm not sure if Carbo used a translator or learn some belarussian, but his message seemed to have gotten through

There is no place for him right now, having too many so-called offensive wingers as it is. I say let the "2 amigov" tear that league apart together, and at the appropriate time, we'll have a real strong center/winger duo ready to come up and rock the NHL, chemistry garanteed !!

Last edited by Dr_Hook: 12-16-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Habsfan18

starting to show his great potential

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Shabutie

I think something important to note is that Grabovski was once again named the Hardest working player of the game. The guy is doing amazing in his first year with the dogs, and I've been very surprised with his on-ice work ethic. Hopefully he can add a few pounds in the off-season and maybe take a crack at the lineup next year.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 02:24 PM
terreur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I think something important to note is that Grabovski was once again named the Hardest working player of the game. The guy is doing amazing in his first year with the dogs, and I've been very surprised with his on-ice work ethic. Hopefully he can add a few pounds in the off-season and maybe take a crack at the lineup next year.
I'd like to see him in at least one game with the habs this year just to see how is development is doing.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 02:29 PM
tinyzombies

This is all good news. Looks like we're going to start seeing some of these guys in Montreal soon.

How is O'Byrne doing? And lets not forget Emelin.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 03:30 PM
henri2014

Next we are gonna have a nice training camp i have the feeling the line will change alot. Thats why we have to test grabo this year to see if he can play has center in the NHL. Kost is a lock for sure next year, we still have too many wingers for next year tough

Kovy
Sammy
Ryder
Lats
Higgins
Perez
Kost
Begin
Ferland

The first seven must play on the top 3 lines for sure. The way i see it is that if ryder is asking for too much he will get traded, we shouldnt have signed sammy, but gainey didnt know that Lats was this good so we needed a extra winger during the summer. We must get rid of sammy or ryder, kinda sad both those guy are right handed.

At center the situation is special we will have

Koivu
Grabo
Plek
Lappy
Chip

We know for sure that plek can play 3rd line duties, we know that lappy can play the 4th line duty. Chip comes in if an injury occurs i think it will be time to get him some NHL play time. So it leaves us to gamble, his grabo rdy for 2nd line center next year? If so we dont sign anybody this summer to play at center. If hes not rdy what happens? Plek continues on the 2nd line and lappy the 3rd. The thing is if grabo doesnt play in the nhl by the end of next year i think he will go back to Russia. We need to know if he can play. So he must be called up this year to see his he atleast can hold his own.

If i was a gm i would take the gamble, it will pay alot of dividend if it works. In the cap era you have to gamble somewhere, we also must keep our d intact. Bonk+Johnson+Aebi+Niniimaa = 8 millions. I hope Markov and Sourray will only ask for a 2-3 million raise each and i hope rivet takes one for the team and keeps his alrdy good pay check the same way, just give something like a no trade cause in extra. It will give 2-3 million left to resign the RFA and to pay the rookies wich is not alot. We cant sign a UFA next summer and i hope we dont so that we can get some alrdy experienced young player in the line up. Kost, Grabo and Lappy will come in our line up with same experience and age has Perez, Plek and Higgins had last year. I thing its a good gamble to take and we will still have a strong team.

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 04:03 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You don't trade 2 playoff performers before the playoffs to make room for a rookie in which we are unsure of what his NHL performance will be. If the Habs miss the playoffs, then yes, but come on.
word.

i thought habs fans with practicle thinking were a dime a dozen but...

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 04:28 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
"2 amigov"
That's pretty funny. Remember there's a 3rd one on the way too...

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 04:46 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
I've been saying it. Bring up Grab and Kost and play them with Ryder !

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Pleks-Lats
Ryder-Grabs-Kost
Johnson-Bonk-Perez
Begin

One real first line, two offencive lines, one defencive line.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 04:49 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri2014 View Post
Next we are gonna have a nice training camp i have the feeling the line will change alot. Thats why we have to test grabo this year to see if he can play has center in the NHL. Kost is a lock for sure next year, we still have too many wingers for next year tough

Kovy
Sammy
Ryder
Lats
Higgins
Perez
Kost
Begin
Ferland

The first seven must play on the top 3 lines for sure. The way i see it is that if ryder is asking for too much he will get traded, we shouldnt have signed sammy, but gainey didnt know that Lats was this good so we needed a extra winger during the summer. We must get rid of sammy or ryder, kinda sad both those guy are right handed.

At center the situation is special we will have

Koivu
Grabo
Plek
Lappy
Chip

We know for sure that plek can play 3rd line duties, we know that lappy can play the 4th line duty. Chip comes in if an injury occurs i think it will be time to get him some NHL play time. So it leaves us to gamble, his grabo rdy for 2nd line center next year? If so we dont sign anybody this summer to play at center. If hes not rdy what happens? Plek continues on the 2nd line and lappy the 3rd. The thing is if grabo doesnt play in the nhl by the end of next year i think he will go back to Russia. We need to know if he can play. So he must be called up this year to see his he atleast can hold his own.

If i was a gm i would take the gamble, it will pay alot of dividend if it works. In the cap era you have to gamble somewhere, we also must keep our d intact. Bonk+Johnson+Aebi+Niniimaa = 8 millions. I hope Markov and Sourray will only ask for a 2-3 million raise each and i hope rivet takes one for the team and keeps his alrdy good pay check the same way, just give something like a no trade cause in extra. It will give 2-3 million left to resign the RFA and to pay the rookies wich is not alot. We cant sign a UFA next summer and i hope we dont so that we can get some alrdy experienced young player in the line up. Kost, Grabo and Lappy will come in our line up with same experience and age has Perez, Plek and Higgins had last year. I thing its a good gamble to take and we will still have a strong team.
I'd take the Grabs gamble right now, it's not like we have a second line center anyway.

Old
12-16-2006, 04:55 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I've been saying it. Bring up Grab and Kost and play them with Ryder !

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Pleks-Lats
Ryder-Grabs-Kost
Johnson-Bonk-Perez
Begin

To be honest, I like your line and hopefully we'll both of this guy on the Habs in the future...

But right now, why in hell would be so dramatically change the nucleus of this team?
This team is winning, and winning enough to be at the top of the conference for the first time since well, I'm not sure I was born..

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley View Post
To be honest, I like your line and hopefully we'll both of this guy on the Habs in the future...

But right now, why in hell would be so dramatically change the nucleus of this team?
This team is winning, and winning enough to be at the top of the conference for the first time since well, I'm not sure I was born..
I don't think he changed the nucleus, all he did was scrap the fourth line and created a third offensive line, Buffalo style.

I like it too.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:10 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley View Post

Ya, me too, it's the first time since 93 (and I was a kid) that I see the habs winning like they are. We have to change the line up if we want to go further in the playoffs, because I can't see our team going to war with a inneffective Samsonov-Pleks-Kovalev. We'll get destroyed like last year, against the canes, when Koivu went down, when no one could take over. I'll explain why I would change the line up.

The first line basically is the combo of Koivu and Higgins. It doesn't matter who the third player is, because it doesn't chance the chemistry of the line. I think that Kovalev should be playing on that line because he has good chemestry with Koivu and because he wouldn't be the star on that line, and Kovalev doesn't react well to being the center of attention of a line.

I kept the third line intact because it is actually our second best line.

Our current second line doesn't work and it won't. Samsonov can't play with Kovalev and Pleks is not a good goal scorer to compliment those two. The only logical thing is to destroy that line forever, it's a plain bad idea and it doesn't work. Basically, by calling up Grabs, Kost, and by switching players around, I am doing what the Sabres have : many offencive lines.

Think about it. A Samsonov-Pleks-Lats line will work because it will be a Samsonov-Lats combo. Samsonov keeps the puck, create a play, give it to Lats who scores. Pleks compliment them by winning battles in the corners and by being sound defencively.

Then, Grabs and Kost already click in the AHL, you keep them togheter, give them a pure goal scorer, and you potentially have a good offencive line. Kost is kinda like Kovalev, Grabs is kinda like Koivu, and Ryder has been complimenting those two players for years. I don't see how it can't work.

Old
12-16-2006, 05:40 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
I don't think he changed the nucleus, all he did was scrap the fourth line and created a third offensive line, Buffalo style.

I like it too.
Thanks

Old
12-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

The AHL and the NHL are like comparing NIGHT AND DAY....

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 05:48 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
The AHL and the NHL are like comparing NIGHT AND DAY....
I agree, but we are talking about two players who are NHL ready, who are tearing up the AHL. We were speculating, at training camp, if Grabs or Kost could steal a spot. Grabs got injuried and Kost was sent down because Lats took his place. Both of them would make our team better. Think about it, replacing Murray and Downey by Kost and Grabs can only be a good thing. We don't play in the old NHL anymore. What good does it make to have two talentless grinders doing nothing in the line up? At least Grabs and Kost would generate offence. And you win by scoring goals...

Old
12-16-2006, 06:00 PM
antidot

Quote:
Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsonov-Pleks-Lats
Ryder-Grabs-Kost
Johnson-Bonk-Perez
Begin

sorry but i don't like your lines ;

Too much players that are used in a wrong spot ;

Plekanec is more a 3-4 th liner center

Grabosky is an offensive center ; 2 nd liner or you play him on the 4th , to get a fast and creative line with young blood , to play againts the other 4 th lines

Ryder with 2 rookies ? too risky , he would try to do everything by himself

If you have Kosty and Grabosvky with the team , the Habs need to trade one or two players to make room for them .

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 06:10 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidot View Post
sorry but i don't like your lines ;

Too much players that are used in a wrong spot ;

Plekanec is more a 3-4 th liner center

Grabosky is an offensive center ; 2 nd liner or you play him on the 4th , to get a fast and creative line with young blood , to play againts the other 4 th lines

Ryder with 2 rookies ? too risky , he would try to do everything by himself

If you have Kosty and Grabosvky with the team , the Habs need to trade one or two players to make room for them .
If you call up Grabs and Kost, why trade players when you can have a better team ? And I don't have any second or forth line, only two second line and a 3rd defencive line.

Old
12-16-2006, 06:39 PM
antidot

Quote:
If you call up Grabs and Kost, why trade players when you can have a better team ? And I don't have any second or forth line, only two second line and a 3rd defencive line.
That's what i was saying ; players that are not playing on the right role .

You could have plenty players that are good scorers on your team , but that doesn't make you better ; think to NY Rangers few years ago .

Your team is going to be better with a Lapierre and a Bégin , to shake things . That 's what is missing on your lines . Plekanec isn't a good second center at all , and Samsonov and Latendresse are not going to produce if they are with him .

Ryder is going to do too much if you put him with two rookie players , and that means that he 's going to do giveaways after giveaways ;that will play againts the team because Grabo and Kosto are offensive minded players ; they are not the one two repear those bad plays .

That 's two lines on four that are not going to work well .

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 07:19 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidot View Post
That's what i was saying ; players that are not playing on the right role .

You could have plenty players that are good scorers on your team , but that doesn't make you better ; think to NY Rangers few years ago .

Your team is going to be better with a Lapierre and a Bégin , to shake things . That 's what is missing on your lines . Plekanec isn't a good second center at all , and Samsonov and Latendresse are not going to produce if they are with him .

Ryder is going to do too much if you put him with two rookie players , and that means that he 's going to do giveaways after giveaways ;that will play againts the team because Grabo and Kosto are offensive minded players ; they are not the one two repear those bad plays .

That 's two lines on four that are not going to work well .
Then let's agree to disagree. I think many offencive lines is better than one or two offencive line. Cheers and good game !

Old
12-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
How many players have struggled in the AHL and went on the have great NHL careers? I'd be surprised if you found one. I'd say this is a good sign.
Marek Svatos and Chris Kunitz never put eye popping numbers in the AHL. Some people take their games to another level when they<re promoted.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote