Notices

Paging Orr...

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Colt.45Orr

vCash: 500
Paging Orr...

I am assuming we are to see Colton getting the call-up for the game against the Rags... please anyone, let me know when it becomes official.

Simon and Puriton is abit much for Mr. Diesel Doull to handle...I am sure Colton is licking his chops right now.

BWZ20, by the way, we know what you think on this subject, so please spare this thread your usual "we don't need a fighter" stuff...

Old
01-19-2004, 05:34 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Better to be safe than sorry......I'd call up Orr and Walsh for this one game, and sit Donato and Vernarsky......I wouldn't even skate Doull-Orr-Walsh unless the Rangers were taking liberties...I'd go the three line routine and see if that would work....If I'm Sully, I wouldn't promote the nastiness, but I'd be prepared for it...

Old
01-19-2004, 05:38 PM
HockeyGoddess

Vernarsky was sent down after today's game, but Orr wasn't one of the ones recalled.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
01-19-2004, 05:46 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Better to be safe than sorry......I'd call up Orr and Walsh for this one game, and sit Donato and Vernarsky......I wouldn't even skate Doull-Orr-Walsh unless the Rangers were taking liberties...I'd go the three line routine and see if that would work....If I'm Sully, I wouldn't promote the nastiness, but I'd be prepared for it...
at the same time, we can dress a skill team, and allow the rag$$$$$$$ to take all the stupid penalties...cough PURINTON cough cough cough

Old
01-19-2004, 05:48 PM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

Yeah, I could go without Doug Doull getting thrown around by some rag two times his size tommarow. Orr and Walsh would be nice, they would throw everything into thier bouts, they would be great call-ups. Needless to say...There are going to be many bouts to go around tommarow.

Simon v. LaPointe today...Man, it was like a huge ogre and a little kid fighting...There was just nothing Marty could do.

Hope Joe is going to be okay. What a solid shot thrown by Lindros...When your in the process of falling, like Joe was, your just so vulnerable...Hope he can make the game.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:51 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
at the same time, we can dress a skill team, and allow the rag$$$$$$$ to take all the stupid penalties...cough PURINTON cough cough cough
True......As a matter of fact it might be cool to see a Murray or Rolston drop 'em....Regardless. I hate the Rangers and can't see them lose enough...

Old
01-19-2004, 05:51 PM
HockeyGoddess

Walsh is even more pint-size than Doull. He's scrappy and all, but like your Simon vs. Lapointe / huge ogre vs. little kid fighting, that's what a Purinton vs. Walsh match-up would very much resemble.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if tomorrow night's game is very tame by comparison. It wouldn't surprise me if the game tomorrow night was filled with brawls either, but I think the former is more likely to occur.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:56 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
True......As a matter of fact it might be cool to see a Murray or Rolston drop 'em....Regardless. I hate the Rangers and can't see them lose enough...
couldn't agree more. every game those chumps lose makes many people happy. ask DKH, i bet he's pretty psyched about it, knowing his love for free spending teams and he'll be in better spirits now that his buddy zams is back. go zams go!!

Old
01-19-2004, 06:01 PM
tarabelle99

Send a message via AIM to tarabelle99
Quote:

To me, watching the Rags is like rubbernecking past a 10 car pile up on the highway.. you just can't help but watch

Old
01-19-2004, 06:01 PM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Walsh is even more pint-size than Doull. He's scrappy and all, but like your Simon vs. Lapointe / huge ogre vs. little kid fighting, that's what a Purinton vs. Walsh match-up would very much resemble.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if tomorrow night's game is very tame by comparison. It wouldn't surprise me if the game tomorrow night was filled with brawls either, but I think the former is more likely to occur.
Yeah, that seems to be an all too common problem with Bruins fighters, the only point I was making, is that Orr and Walsh really havn't been to the show, and they would go crazy out there...Doug seems to be a little weary these days of the haymaker (and rightfully so seeing that he takes what he gives every game)...Orr and Walsh would be so stoked to be here...I would feel safe in getting their best.

If anyone's going to fight Simon, it's going to have to be Gill, none of our pint sized pugilists would be able to do anymore then the big hug Marty gave out to "moose-killer".

Gills chances against Simon...Well, not good.

So Hell. Go with Orr and Walsh, because Doull along with anyone else are not going to get it done.

Oh, and after the 4-5 rangers that hit the ice, and the quite a few that visited the room in today's game...I would be surprised if tommarow is anything less then fight/cheap shot filled.

Somebody hide Sergei!

Old
01-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Colt.45Orr

Ya, sometimes the back-end of a home-and-home is pretty tame because they got everything out and they just couldn't be bothered...HOWEVER...when there are hurt bodies and feelings from the previous game it is a recipe for disaster...

Old
01-19-2004, 07:11 PM
jordo77

Another good Orr article:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Winnip...pf-309175.html

Old
01-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Colt.45Orr

So Thornton and Doull are out and they are replaced with Zaumner and Samuellson?

I think that gives us a sissy-girl version of our line-up from last night in a game that *could* get ugly.

We need to call up Mr. Orr... the Rags will be dressing Simon and Puriton again... Lapointe shouldn't have to deal with those guys...and who knows...could Colton convince Lindros to drop'em again?...

(Wally feel free to merge into Doull suspended thread, if you want...)

Old
01-20-2004, 03:45 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr
So Thornton and Doull are out and they are replaced with Zaumner and Samuellson?

I think that gives us a sissy-girl version of our line-up from last night in a game that *could* get ugly.

We need to call up Mr. Orr... the Rags will be dressing Simon and Puriton again... Lapointe shouldn't have to deal with those guys...and who knows...could Colton convince Lindros to drop'em again?...

(Wally feel free to merge into Doull suspended thread, if you want...)
vernarsky is out of the mix too, so there has to be another forward recalled

Old
01-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
vernarsky is out of the mix too, so there has to be another forward recalled
Ah ya, Vernarsky...forgot about him...wish we hadn't traded Jackman for him.
Maybe there is hope for an Orr-Simon, Orr-Puriton, Orr-Barnaby, Orr-Lindros, Orr-Kovelev fight after all...

Old
01-20-2004, 04:01 PM
BruinsGirl

My guess will be NYR will try to beat with a score rather than physically.
They need 2 points badly. (even more than us)

It usually happens that when everybody expects fight filled game they don't get it.

Old
01-20-2004, 04:07 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
My guess will be NYR will try to beat with a score rather than physically.
They need 2 points badly. (even more than us)

It usually happens that when everybody expects fight filled game they don't get it.

I pretty much agree with this. I wouldn't be surprised if both clubs were told to cool it by the League.

Also , unless the score is very one sided either way, I don't expect much fighting at all.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
01-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Newfie Bruin

Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
This is probably the case. Sullivan and Sather probably will tell their teams to cool off a bit. Hopefully, Lapointe, Gill, and others that will drop the gloves were in the washroom and never heard it.

Old
01-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
I pretty much agree with this. I wouldn't be surprised if both clubs were told to cool it by the League.

Also , unless the score is very one sided either way, I don't expect much fighting at all.
Ya, taking Doull out of it cools things down abit...and I am sure players realize that neither the Lindros nor McGillis hits were dirty. But, also I am a guy that likes to have abit of insurance out there. It is nice to say, ya boy's el-be boy's they'll probley play for the points-which is true- but if there is a spark we have to remember that things will be pretty flammable out there...

Old
01-20-2004, 04:48 PM
wensink

I haven't seen this much anticipation since the Charlestown Chiefs took on the Syracuse Bulldogs!!!

We need the Hansons dressed and ready to go tonight!!!

On a serious note, I am expecting very little retaliation/chippiness in tonight's game. Basically because every time I thought there would be, it was the complete opposite. And as BruinsGirl stated, the Rangers need the two points badly.

Closed Thread