HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

August 2012: Scott Hartnell Signs Extension (6 years, $4.75m cap hit, limited NMC)

Old
11-04-2013, 06:53 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
He has 11 points since signing the contract.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 07:32 AM
JustJim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
He and his contract and NMC are part of the reason why the Flyers fans have been chanting to fire Holmgren.
Hartnell may be funny and entertaining, but he's a lousy player, and he doesn't help the team with their problems...he adds to them.
The NMC is pissing everyone off!

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 09:16 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
He and his contract and NMC are part of the reason why the Flyers fans have been chanting to fire Holmgren.
Hartnell may be funny and entertaining, but he's a lousy player, and he doesn't help the team with their problems...he adds to them.
The NMC is pissing everyone off!
I get why people are upset about him getting one, but is a limited NMC such an odd thing for a guy with his history at his age to have? Honestly asking.

11-04-2013, 09:35 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
He has been injured a lot but still that is an equally brutal stat. I agree with people that he goes through way too many cold stretches. Carter had his streakiness but Hartnell completely destroys Carter in that dept since coming to this team. I just don't like how he had to be told to come into camp in shape this year and even last year before his injury he had come into camp not in shape.

We don't need a red headed likeable clown with big hair (even if he did cut it)..we need him to produce and not run around like a hyper-kinetic mess....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:06 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Its a Limited NMC, what makes it limited and is there a loophole to move him?

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Funf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Its a Limited NMC, what makes it limited and is there a loophole to move him?
It's probably just a list of teams he'll accept trades to.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:39 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf View Post
He was ok with going to Edmonton at one point....package him

Old
11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf View Post
Pick one of the teams and get it done.
Was a fan of Hartnell before the contract signing because he actually played with heart
and got things done. Now it seems like he is leisurely skating around the ice and can't hit the net.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

I wonder what a package of Hartnell and Coburn to Edmonton would return?

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Considering they'd cost over 9M in cap space and don't deserve half of that, my guess, very little.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
doesnt matter, just do it..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:50 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
doesnt matter, just do it..

Agreed!

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:51 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Edmonton is being stingy as is....that is prolly why Hartnell isn't riding his vespa in Edmonton right now

Old
11-04-2013, 11:27 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Edmonton fan here. What would you guys be looking for?

How about Ales Hemsky, Nick Schultz and Oscar Klefbom?

DousedInOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:39 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Edmonton fan here. What would you guys be looking for?

How about Ales Hemsky, Nick Schultz and Oscar Klefbom?
Hemsky is at 5.5mil and has 6pts on the year...NO!
Schultz is another aging D man the Flyers don't need...NO!
Klefbom has shoulder and consussion issues...NO!

Sorry, nobody on the Oilers roster that fits the Flyers team other than your young forwards

Old
11-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Hartnell Coburn, 2nd rounder for Eberle+something minor.

I wouldn't settle for less than Eberle no matter what Edmonton fans say.

MacT is not giving value in trade talks according to dreger on the radio the other day, so he is trying to steal players from other teams. It isn't working. When he realizes he needs to give to get, you will see some moves happen.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:43 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Hartnell Coburn, 2nd rounder for Eberle+something minor.

I wouldn't settle for less than Eberle no matter what Edmonton fans say.

MacT is not giving value in trade talks according to dreger on the radio the other day, so he is trying to steal players from other teams. It isn't working. When he realizes he needs to give to get, you will see some moves happen.
Definitely Eberle, could see him in a Flyer jersey.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:43 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Hemsky is at 5.5mil and has 6pts on the year...NO!
Schultz is another aging D man the Flyers don't need...NO!
Klefbom has shoulder and consussion issues...NO!

Sorry, nobody on the Oilers roster that fits the Flyers team other than your young forwards
Those two guys are both UFAs. If you want to move salary you have to take salary back.

Also, what's wrong with Klefbom? The kid is a stud. Our GM and fans hold him in high regard. I figured you wanted a young puck moving defenceman with size.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:48 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Klefbom hasn't even cracked the Oilers lineup and he's already injury prone with a concussion and shoulder surgery. If he's getting banged up in the minors I hate to see what happens to him once he's in the NHL. Just a big risk on guy that's unproven.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:52 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Klefbom hasn't even cracked the Oilers lineup and he's already injury prone with a concussion and shoulder surgery. If he's getting banged up in the minors I hate to see what happens to him once he's in the NHL. Just a big risk on guy that's unproven.
It's cool, we will gladly hang onto him. He's easily our second best prospect. He's only 20 so he has a lot of time to crack the lineup.

What else would Flyers fans want? If you want Eberle, I would imagine that MacT would want Simmonds coming back the other way.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
It's cool, we will gladly hang onto him. He's easily our second best prospect. He's only 20 so he has a lot of time to crack the lineup.

What else would Flyers fans want? If you want Eberle, I would imagine that MacT would want Simmonds coming back the other way.
sold... were do we sign?

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 12:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I get why people are upset about him getting one, but is a limited NMC such an odd thing for a guy with his history at his age to have? Honestly asking.
People don't seem to understand how these clauses work.

First of all, look around the league, they are very common. I don't think the Flyers have an outrageously high or low number of players with these clauses.

Second of all, you have to give to get. If you don't give Hartnell that clause, maybe he asks for more money...then people freak out when he gets more money. Or he walks in free agency. Maybe you don't want Hartnell so you are ok with him walking, but in general these clauses are an incentive for guys to sign with a particular team.

Third of all, it is a limited/modified NMC, meaning he is not unequivocally untradeable. I don't know the specifics, but usually these things are like 10-15 teams to which guys can refuse a trade (maybe less than that).

Finally, all the *****ing and moaning about these clauses, when have they really come back to bite anyone in the ass (that we know of). It may happen behind closed doors where a guy refuse to waive, but without being able to verify this, it doesn't appear to be that big of an impediment to trading someone. Tomas Kaberle I remember refusing to waive, Jerome Iginla refused to go to a certain team but ultimately was traded, and Dany Heatly I think did the same thing. Outside of them, can you think of anyone that hasn't waived? Maybe I am off-base on this, but how many confirmed people do we know rejected a trade? If I'm wrong you can ignore this argument, but I honestly can't remember anyone else besides those three examples (and I mean confirmed examples, not you heard that Coburn did or you heard that Briere did).

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
I understand that with Klefbom... he is a risk, but the potential is there, and he looked great in the SHL (albeit in limited games) last season. He has the skill, size, beautiful fluid skating, great passing and character to be a real player... just if he can round that out.

The problem for me is he most likely ends up like Coburn, all the tools to be a #1 but not able to bring it together. But do you take the risk for the chance of a first pairing 40 point d man he has the tools to be?

Barring injuries I think he is a top 4 NHL d man.

Appleyard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 12:40 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
People don't seem to understand how these clauses work.

First of all, look around the league, they are very common. I don't think the Flyers have an outrageously high or low number of players with these clauses.

Second of all, you have to give to get. If you don't give Hartnell that clause, maybe he asks for more money...then people freak out when he gets more money. Or he walks in free agency. Maybe you don't want Hartnell so you are ok with him walking, but in general these clauses are an incentive for guys to sign with a particular team.

Third of all, it is a limited/modified NMC, meaning he is not unequivocally untradeable. I don't know the specifics, but usually these things are like 10-15 teams to which guys can refuse a trade (maybe less than that).

Finally, all the *****ing and moaning about these clauses, when have they really come back to bite anyone in the ass (that we know of). It may happen behind closed doors where a guy refuse to waive, but without being able to verify this, it doesn't appear to be that big of an impediment to trading someone. Tomas Kaberle I remember refusing to waive, Jerome Iginla refused to go to a certain team but ultimately was traded, and Dany Heatly I think did the same thing. Outside of them, can you think of anyone that hasn't waived? Maybe I am off-base on this, but how many confirmed people do we know rejected a trade? If I'm wrong you can ignore this argument, but I honestly can't remember anyone else besides those three examples (and I mean confirmed examples, not you heard that Coburn did or you heard that Briere did).
You see I had that same outlook and theory, I was just wondering how off base I was. I don't see the big deal.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 01:24 PM
bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
i think Briere refused to waive his NTC as well which led to the buyout. but i agree mostly with what you said. NTC's are a little overrated. if it can help you sign a player for a little less cap then you do it. Briere at least had a reason to not waive, his kids and family, Hartnell doesn't really have anything tying him to Philly. if Homer goes to him and tells him they want to move him, i can't see Hartnell making a big stink over it. he might give a list of teams but that's it. if the team decides they want him gone, he will be moved.

bauer is online now   Reply With Quote