HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens Vs Blues Nov. 5th 7:30 EST TSN RDS

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Odelein24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Lines and D pairings at practice:

Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta
Pacioretty – Galchenyuk – Gallagher
Leblanc – Eller – Bourque
Desharnais – White – Parros
St-Pierre – Moen

Diaz – Gorges
Markov – Subban
Murray – Bouillon
Emelin – Pateryn
Double shifting Bourque?!

Old
11-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
my guess is 20%-80% Seems to good to be true. especially as of late. Like some people said though, maybe Bergy knows something we don't.
Okay, thanks.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:42 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
Double shifting Bourque?!
Haha my bad, fixed it now.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Brainiac

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
I'm expecting the Habs to play extremely well, with a lot of energy, but they'll lose. I think DD might get traded before the game starts.
He'll get traded between the 2nd and 3rd period, and we'll have this 'Is Bergevin the new Gauthier' thread going on almost instantly.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:50 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Leblanc - Eller - Bourque is the new Kostityn - Eller - Leblanc.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

if we lose against Halak I think i'll have to quit this board and every other hockey related media for a couple of days.

If I remember correctly the last time Halak came here he beat us but it was just after the Pacioretty-Chara thing and the team was obviously still shaken up, and the thing went unnoticed

Old
11-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Is this the first HALAK/PRICE match? Is this also the first Halak appearance in MTL since the trade?

I also missed a large part of the game Saturday. Was the Galchenyuk/Pacioretty/Gallagher line any good? On paper, that line should be fantastic.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:39 PM
djpass

Hitchcock in Da House.....

Old
11-04-2013, 01:40 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Leblanc - Eller - Bourque is the new Kostityn - Eller - Leblanc.
the 'everything else' line.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:40 PM
theboss*

Finally Galchenyuk and Pacioretty are together.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Is Halak starting? I suspect he'll get his third shutout in a row against us.

Old
11-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Ooof, Desharnais on the 4th line. Only place lower is in the press-box, which is where he should end up with another poor performance.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
11-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Lines and D pairings at practice:

Bournival – Plekanec – Gionta
Pacioretty – Galchenyuk – Gallagher
Leblanc – Eller – Bourque
Desharnais – White – Parros
St-Pierre – Moen

Diaz – Gorges
Markov – Subban
Murray – Bouillon
Emelin – Pateryn
Don't look now, but we got a line with three players who all have SIZE. Also, Leblanc and Eller play a similar style. Eller is slightly more physical, but Louis is equally tenacious on the boards.

Old
11-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Quagmier

I guess the one positive is that the Habs are playing at home in this one, otherwise i would worry it could get ugly.

With the way our D is structured right now, playing a deep team on the road is a recipe for disaster, with Bouillon and Murray prone to supremely long shifts in their own end against speedy forwards. The Avs young forwards were having a field day against them (especially Mackinnon and Landeskog) and while Subban and Markov were on the ice for a bunch of goals against, murray and bouillon were just flat out exposed shift in, shift out.

Teams that role three dangerous lines (like the Avs, Blues, etc.) are going to expose that pair quite a bit, and hopefully Therrien can use his last change to make sure they don't play against the top lines too much.

Emelin can't come back soon enough.

Old
11-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Don't look now, but we got a line with three players who all have SIZE. Also, Leblanc and Eller play a similar style. Eller is slightly more physical, but Louis is equally tenacious on the boards.
Not sure you can call Leblanc a player with size...

granted he doesn't lack size (like most of our wingers) but he isn't that big a guy either. Also, maybe i'm being unfair, but i've always found that leblanc's face (mostly his frail chin) makes it hard for me to ever picture him being a bulky person, no matter how much work he puts in at the gym.

Still, I'm hopeful that Leblanc, Eller and Bourque, all three players that have been doing the little things right for a few games now with little to show for it, can click and provide some puck possession and goals.

Old
11-04-2013, 02:37 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Desharnais - White - Parros at practice.

lol

Reminds me of this:
Haha! Nice one!

Old
11-04-2013, 02:52 PM
habtastic

Not sure if this has been discussed, but has anyone else noticed that Leblanc has been getting better each game? His first one up, I was cringing at the number of chances and plays he missed (I really want him to do well), but since, he's been surprising me with how well he's able to protect the puck, go to the net, make good hard grinding plays, not unlike the gem that is Bournival. Really hope LL puts one in, he deserves it and he's certainly re-inspired me in terms of what he's capable of. Habs management/MT is for the first time starting to piss me off (showing the demotion on 24CH, PK getting the short end exclusively, Bergevin starting to get a worrisome chip on his shoulder). And I've been a fan of the brass until recently. Hopefully my concerns are unfounded.

Old
11-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed, but has anyone else noticed that Leblanc has been getting better each game? His first one up, I was cringing at the number of chances and plays he missed (I really want him to do well), but since, he's been surprising me with how well he's able to protect the puck, go to the net, make good hard grinding plays, not unlike the gem that is Bournival. Really hope LL puts one in, he deserves it and he's certainly re-inspired me in terms of what he's capable of. Habs management/MT is for the first time starting to piss me off (showing the demotion on 24CH, PK getting the short end exclusively, Bergevin starting to get a worrisome chip on his shoulder). And I've been a fan of the brass until recently. Hopefully my concerns are unfounded.
I've also noticed Leblanc digging in and working his ass off. I remember he was pretty good two years ago in his debut with the Habs, so there's reason to hope this isn't just his adrenaline talking. Man, it would great to see so many legit rookie forwards making their marks! Bournival, Holland, Leblanc, all medium-sized, fast, high-energy 3rd and 4th-line players. Gotta wonder which one will be part of an upcoming trade...

Old
11-04-2013, 03:50 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
I can't wait to post my Playoffs PGT
Pre-Game thread for a game in 2015 is a bit of an exageration..

Old
11-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Blues are wicked. This is going to be a tough game to win.

And we're barely hanging onto the WildCard too so it's an important one.

Old
11-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Like I said at the start of the year... we would've been just better off calling up one of these guys than getting Briere. Now Briere is coming up and we'll probably have to send on of these kids back. It sucks.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:05 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Like I said at the start of the year... we would've been just better off calling up one of these guys than getting Briere. Now Briere is coming up and we'll probably have to send on of these kids back. It sucks.
Yup, unfortunate as I think the lines with Prust and Moen back are actually quite good, but then again, it's their re-addition that takes Leblanc out of the lineup irrespective of Briere. I'm actually looking forward to seeing whether Danny B....er Danielllllle Briθrrrre is actually going to pick it up. I think he could significantly impact our offense. But yes, it sucks for LL to get sent back down. I just hope management doesn't try to trade him. He's done a good job and for the future, he seems like a great fit for this team. It's just amazing how awesome the kids have been. Gallagher...wow! Chucky, Bourni, even Holland...so much promise. And I'm pretty high on Tinner + "je suis beau" as well.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:18 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Finally Galchenyuk and Pacioretty are together.
Indeed, our most natural goal scorer with a great passer. I hope it lasts more than a few shifts.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

We're gonna get destroyed for this one, ΰ la San Jose.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:38 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
The St-Pierre call up doesn't make any sense to me... Unless there's a trade in the works.

Closed Thread