HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price Back on the Ice, Gorges with minor fracture to a hand

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 01:20 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
After Emelin has been fully able to reintegrate into the lineup id have him with Subban. Put Diaz or gorges with Markov. Emelin on th. Left side will be way better.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Man, I am as psyched as anyone to be getting Emelin, Prust and Moen back soon, but if we're expecting Emelin to magically fix the D right away we will be disappointed. He'll take time to shake off the rust and regain confidence.

I expect to see the real Habs around December, not before.

And for all the conspiracies surrounding Desharnais, I think he'll be sitting soon enough as injured players come back. I feel bad for the guy -- he didn't ask to become a francophone symbol or to be the teacher's pet. He's an athlete who defied the odds and, for awhile, rose above his physical limits. For all the hate he receives, he's kept his mouth shut and sucked it up. I sincerely wish him good luck... but elsewhere.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:34 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Man, I am as psyched as anyone to be getting Emelin, Prust and Moen back soon, but if we're expecting Emelin to magically fix the D right away we will be disappointed. He'll take time to shake off the rust and regain confidence.

And for all the conspiracies surrounding Desharnais, I think he'll be sitting soon enough as injured players come back. I feel bad for the guy -- he didn't ask to become a francophone symbol or to be the teacher's pet. He's an athlete who defied the odds and, for awhile, rose above his physical limits. For all the hate he receives, he's kept his mouth shut and sucked it up. I sincerely wish him good luck... but elsewhere.
Emelin and Moen maybe but Prust might have had a bit of a setback, instead of mid November he's now projected for late Nov per Hickey.

Old
11-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Habs

Quote:

Just a tad bit dramatic aren't we? He's paid handsomely to put up points, and gets paid no matter how poorly he performs. I wish I had the set of rules in life.

Old
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Feintastic

I still cant believe how Brière got injured... it must be a joke or something... the guy didnt even touch him...booom...concussion.... its funny.

And what's the point of Desharnais being a ''francophone symbol'' if it wasnt for his french canadian name the medias would eat him alive. I dont care if he's ''quebecois'' or russian or american personally... the dude isnt producing and he's is too small. It was another bad contract given by Bergevin just like Moen and Brière...watch him extend Gionta with another ridiculous contract next summer.

Old
11-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Is an healthy lineup (minus Drewiske, who's not really missing because he's on the press box where he would be, anyway...) just around the corner?

Old
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Just a tad bit dramatic aren't we? He's paid handsomely to put up points, and gets paid no matter how poorly he performs. I wish I had the set of rules in life.
How is that dramatic? It's exactly what happened.

And many live in, or are effected by similar circumstances.
You've never had a co-worker who doesn't pull their own weight?
You've never had a boss you work under, where you do all the work and he takes credit? - DD with Cole and Patch

Old
11-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I'm not planning a fundraiser for the dude. It's not really about what he earns, it's the amount of hate he's generated on this board. No matter how much money he makes, DD must feel awful to know that he's playing like crap and is seen as the embodiment of all that's wrong with the Habs. All he wants is to play hockey -- it just ain't working out.

I want him gone, but I also have a little sympathy that he's probably well aware of how low his stock has fallen. Nice salary or not, it doesn't feel good.

Old
11-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
He was, after all, the next defenseman behind Emelin on the right side...
Yes exactly. I was replying to the idea that the habs staff trusts Diaz on the 2nd pairing. Is it trust or a lack of a better option? I think the latter

Old
11-04-2013, 03:15 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Is an healthy lineup (minus Drewiske, who's not really missing because he's on the press box where he would be, anyway...) just around the corner?
Looks like it, though for how long is a bigger question.

With our luck, I doubt it'll last more than a few games.

Old
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
I'm not planning a fundraiser for the dude. It's not really about what he earns, it's the amount of hate he's generated on this board. No matter how much money he makes, DD must feel awful to know that he's playing like crap and is seen as the embodiment of all that's wrong with the Habs. All he wants is to play hockey -- it just ain't working out.

I want him gone, but I also have a little sympathy that he's probably well aware of how low his stock has fallen. Nice salary or not, it doesn't feel good.
Isn't he one of those underdog players who's used to being undervalued?

Old
11-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Isn't he one of those underdog players who's used to being undervalued?
The great thing about being underestimated is proving everyone wrong.

The bad thing is proving yourself and then screwing it all up.

Anyway, I'm having a sentimental moment and feeling bad for the guy. It'll pass.

Old
11-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

delete

Last edited by Agnostic: 11-04-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old
11-04-2013, 04:19 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:

On a human level I totally understand. But when the coach says that they've tried everything and he still hasn't adapted his game - it's on him.

If he can't adapt, or is otherwise incapable, well he'll have a feel good story of making it to the bigs for his wife and kids when he's playing in Switzerland.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Bullsmith

Emelin and Prust are core players to this team when healthy. Can't wait to have them back.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
After Emelin has been fully able to reintegrate into the lineup id have him with Subban. Put Diaz or gorges with Markov. Emelin on th. Left side will be way better.
I'd leave Markov with Subban. Put Emelin with Diaz on the 2nd and Gorges on the 3rd.
Quote:

I just said the same thing in another thread. I really do feel bad for him. I was really hoping we could find a home for him in Nashville or something like that but it just seems like he's not going to last in the NHL.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Bullsmith

Hey lookie there, my last post was #3,999. So that makes this 4000.

Man I've wasted a bit of time on this site.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:58 PM
MXD

Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 4 min
Alexei Emelin va rencontrer le médecin dans une semaine afin d'obtenir le feu vert. Son retour au jeu la semaine prochaine est donc possible

Old
11-04-2013, 05:57 PM
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I've totally forgotten him. I didn't remember him until I seen him on 24CH doing those French lessons

Old
11-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Emelin's 2nd game.

"His timing is off, he's not in game shape. Can't believe we extended him. Trade him now for whatever we can get!!!!"

Old
11-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Craig71

Emelin is our best defensive defenseman and was severely missed last year and will be a settling prescence once he gets back in game shape. Very underrated player that we are very lucky to have on our team.

Old
11-04-2013, 06:24 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Emelin's 2nd game.

"His timing is off, he's not in game shape. Can't believe we extended him. Trade him now for whatever we can get!!!!"
I wish i could say youll be wrong lol

Old
11-04-2013, 06:55 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I wish i could say youll be wrong lol
I'll be here to make sure he's right

Old
11-04-2013, 11:37 PM
SB164

Quote:

It's easy to get caught up and get totally frustrated by a player (and I'm guilty of this as much as anyone else), but as always L., you manage to take the high road. I, too, sincerely wish DD good luck...but elsewhere.

Old
11-05-2013, 08:45 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Emelin and Moen maybe but Prust might have had a bit of a setback, instead of mid November he's now projected for late Nov per Hickey.
Surprise surprise on Prust.

I'm so ****ing pissed that Habs did not make Prust have surgery on the shoulder this summer.

Shoulder is a ****ing drag, again, again and again a problem. Year after year. He is now damaged goods, for the rest of his career.

I was really pissed when he got the first injury to shoulder last year. It is the worst. Even groin is better. I warned you guys this would happen.

Prust needs surgery, and 8 months off. Or he's gonna be 50% Prust for the rest of his contract with us. ****ing piss me off. Habs have ****ing **** luck.

Closed Thread