HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 11:11 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I can do it right, I just didn't feel like it.
Yea I'm joking lol. Personally I hate dealing with fractions. Never liked them.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

It's strange how everyone thought the sixers, suns, and magic would be competing for the #1 pick from the get-go (not that they still can't), but as of now there are some teams that look even worse (not that its surprising)

The nuggets, jazz, and Celtics look worse.

I hate the Celtics so much, I'll be so pissed if they get the first pick next year.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:31 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
I hate the Celtics so much, I'll be so pissed if they get the first pick next year.
I agree..they really purposefully set out to position themselves in the draft by unloading a couple of their good players....we didn't have any to begin with.

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 11-04-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: wrong info
Old
11-04-2013, 01:20 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I agree..they really purposefully set out to position themselves in the draft by unloading a couple of their good players....we didn't have any to begin with.

We traded Jrue for a rookie who probably wouldnt play much if at all in his first year and a draft pick next year. The 76ers management has been trying to tank it's just the players and coach who havent gotten the message lol

Old
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
We traded Jrue for a rookie who probably wouldnt play much if at all in his first year and a draft pick next year. The 76ers management has been trying to tank it's just the players and coach who havent gotten the message lol
Ok correction ..we had one good player to get rid of..but agree the team isn't getting the tank message..not yet at least.

BTW..can't believe BUM Bynum is actually playing...Sixers play the Cavs soon and I hope that bum plays. Sixers should give out fake bowling balls as a prop...

Old
11-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Broad st phantom

Sixers against warriors tonight, I wonder if they can keep this going for tonight's game.

Old
11-04-2013, 03:31 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
Sixers against warriors tonight, I wonder if they can keep this going for tonight's game.
Both teams are uptempo but the Warriors have some good defensive guys like Iggy so it might be tough to match up against them given the inexperience of the Sixers overall..

Old
11-04-2013, 03:57 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Harrison Barnes is the man.

11-04-2013, 04:04 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
You know what would be amazing? I'm not a huge NBA guy so I have no idea how likely this is, but the Sixers are off to a good start here. I know it is unlikely for them to keep it up, but wouldn't it be great if they did, while the Pelicans sucked it up (Sixers own their first rounder, right)? Sixers make the playoffs, and still get the #1 pick in the draft. It won't happen, but imagine if it did. Next year the team looks pretty solid with Noel (assuming he can come back from the injury), Carter-Williams seems like the real deal, Turner is solid, and maybe getting Wiggins in the draft? Again, I'm no NBA expert, but I imagine a team like that would be looking at a pretty good amount of time near the top of the conference, no?

Old
11-04-2013, 04:05 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Harrison Barnes is the man.
I think he out with a foot injury...so that helps

Old
11-04-2013, 04:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
You know what would be amazing? I'm not a huge NBA guy so I have no idea how likely this is, but the Sixers are off to a good start here. I know it is unlikely for them to keep it up, but wouldn't it be great if they did, while the Pelicans sucked it up (Sixers own their first rounder, right)? Sixers make the playoffs, and still get the #1 pick in the draft. It won't happen, but imagine if it did. Next year the team looks pretty solid with Noel (assuming he can come back from the injury), Carter-Williams seems like the real deal, Turner is solid, and maybe getting Wiggins in the draft? Again, I'm no NBA expert, but I imagine a team like that would be looking at a pretty good amount of time near the top of the conference, no?
The pelicans pick is top 5 protected so means if they are within the top 5 the 76ers lose the pick.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
I think its protected from the first 3 picks. They can't own the Pelicans 1st rounder if its in that range. Most people were hoping the Sixers owned the #1 pick and the Pelicans picked 4 or 5, giving the Sixers 2 big first rounders

edit: sa cyred got it

Old
11-04-2013, 04:07 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
They own it but it is top 5 protected.....however this year is a very good draft so even a mid range pick will be good especially if Hinkie applies his analytics like he has...

Still want the Sixers to nab one of the top 5 with their pick somehow but it seems there will be lots of tanking competition. The Celtics have no business doing what they are doing..hate them so much.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:08 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Quote:
Ok correction ..we had one good player to get rid of..but agree the team isn't getting the tank message..not yet at least.

BTW..can't believe BUM Bynum is actually playing...Sixers play the Cavs soon and I hope that bum plays. Sixers should give out fake bowling balls as a prop...
It makes me mad that he is playing..... after what happened last year I never wanted to see him play NBA again. Hopefully Spence can SHUT HIM DOWN

Old
11-04-2013, 04:10 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
It makes me mad that he is playing..... after what happened last year I never wanted to see him play NBA again. Hopefully Spence can SHUT HIM DOWN
He totally robbed the Sixers..the Philly DA should have investigated him for fraud...same with Leighton...

Old
11-04-2013, 04:15 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Quote:
He totally robbed the Sixers..the Philly DA should have investigated him for fraud...same with Leighton...
I really would have liked to see what we could have done with a healthy Jrue, ET, Thad, and Bynum last year. That's a playoff team IMO, maybe could have even won a round or 2... *SIGHS*

Old
11-04-2013, 04:18 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Bummer, I didn't know the Pelican's pick was protected (or that protecting a pick like that is even possible). Does that mean if it is top five they just get next year's pick, or does that mean that mean they get nothing?

Old
11-04-2013, 04:21 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I really would have liked to see what we could have done with a healthy Jrue, ET, Thad, and Bynum last year. That's a playoff team IMO, maybe could have even won a round or 2... *SIGHS*
Playoff team maybe..but no championship team. I rather go the route Hinkie is taking the team right now.

Freakin Collins also didn't help..particularly with younger player development. Botched Vucevic . Dude wanted to give freakin Kwame Brown more years...

Old
11-04-2013, 04:25 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

The Future

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-is-completed

Old
11-04-2013, 04:26 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Quote:
Playoff team maybe..but no championship team. I rather go the route Hinkie is taking the team right now.

Freakin Collins also didn't help..particularly with younger player development. Botched Vucevic . Dude wanted to give freakin Kwame Brown more years...
Yeah it sucks that Vuc is thriving in ORL and didn't really get much of an opportunity here. Similar to Bobrovsky with the FLyers kind if. I liked Collins for turning this team around into a playoff team, but I agree, I dont think he would have been the coach that could take this team to a championship, even with a better roster.

btw, do you have to get a certain amount of posts to upload an avatar?

Old
11-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
I hope the fans boo the **** outta him. I'm sure some fans will find some creative ways to taunt him.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:29 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Quote:
So pretty

Old
11-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
Bummer, I didn't know the Pelican's pick was protected (or that protecting a pick like that is even possible). Does that mean if it is top five they just get next year's pick, or does that mean that mean they get nothing?
If the pelicans keep falling in the top 5 it keeps moving to the next year until its not a top 5 pick.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
The Celtics have no business doing what they are doing..hate them so much.
You and me both brother. If anything I'd rather see Wiggins go to the Suns, Jazz or Nuggets.

I really want the sixers to nab a top 3 pick if anything. I'd be disappointed if we didn't get Wiggins, but I trust in Sam Hinkie to build a winner.

Can't say that about any other GM in this town unfortunately.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Michael Carter-Williams Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA, PA. – NOVEMBER 4, 2013 – The Philadelphia 76ers today announced that rookie Michael Carter-Williams has been named NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played from Oct. 29 through Nov. 3. Shaquille O’Neal (1992-93) is the only other rookie in the history of the award to be named Player of the Week to start his career.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/13110...rn-player-week

Closed Thread