HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

St. Louis-Philadelphia-Buffalo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2013, 10:10 AM
  #76
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,669
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
He's never played behind a possession juggernaut like the Blues. Even the 2010 team was middling in terms of having the puck, and its shutdown pairing was its most scored on defensive tandem.


Halak has played two games in two playoff series and has a S% under .910 through his past two regular seasons. What about him screams "he's definitely going to be healthy and be good enough to be our guy throughout the playoffs?"


You guys want essentially empty scoring? Moulson will score with whoever you put him because he's so damn good around the net, but he's a defensive liability and doesn't drive possession. What about the sum of the parts and system play and all that?

I'm not saying Miller deserves the poorly valued OP in return, but he just might represent the most significant on-paper upgrade available to the Blues come the deadline given Halak's level of inconsistency and Elliott's lack of talent.
Again, Miller will have to give up 1 goal or get a shutout for us to winning considering our history of scoring in the playoffs. Not even Hasek could have a run like that.

The downplaying of Halak in this thread is just comical. When your team gives up close to 20 shots per game, off course you are going to have a lower sv% than others.

Yes we would want Moulson. You put him with Schwartz who plays a great possession game and you give the line the easier of the top 9 minutes, and he would be a great success. Against LA we created a ton of chances and blew countless opportunities right on the doorstep. Moulson would have converted those and we would have advanced with Elliott in net. With Miller in net, we still would have lost.

We need an upgrade over Stewart. We wanted Vanek, but Moulson will work as well.


Last edited by bleedblue1223: 11-04-2013 at 10:22 AM.
bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
  #77
91reasonsYouLose
NHL refs are morons
 
91reasonsYouLose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arcola, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Considering how much is moving around I'll just comment on Philly's side.

1) Why the hell would we swap Mason for Halak when Mason is playing exceedingly well and our only bright spot?

2) Why the hell would we trade Couturier for Stewart and Lapierre?
How about we give you LaPierre and five bucks, and call it square on your end, whatdaya say?

91reasonsYouLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:30 AM
  #78
91reasonsYouLose
NHL refs are morons
 
91reasonsYouLose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arcola, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Mason is better than Halal so why would we want to swap goalies? Not brutal for the Flyers but clearly not a trade we'd be interested in making.

How about you just construct the deal around StL and Buff and leave us out of it, kk, thanks.
Mason isn't better than Jaro.

91reasonsYouLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 04:47 PM
  #79
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
If the Blues had scored on the powerplay at all in those series Quick wouldn't have "been the better goalie" would he. Holy **** you have the laziest logic ever. Blues didn't score - Quick did it! Kings scored barely 1 more goal per game in some of their wins - Elliott's fault every time! Quick even had some of the softest goals of the entire playoffs WHEN THEY WON IN 17 GAMES! No it wasn't goaltending, that's like saying Crawford is some how better than Niemi because he's won more recently on the exact same team as Niemi. Maybe just maybe, the goalies are more interchangeable than the top end talent who have scored all of your key game winning goals, closed out series single-handedly, and shut down some of the best forwards in the league.
So the Blues lost because they couldn't score more than 2 goals per game but then you say that the Kings scored barely 1 more goal per game in some of their wins. So which is it? Is it impossible to win scoring 2 goals per game or is it possible when you have Quick? Do the Kings score even less with a better goalie than Elliot in net? I think so.

No, it isn't like saying Crawford is some how better than Niemi because he's won more recently on the exact same team as Niemi. That is something you said and it doesn't really make sense at all.

And BTW, Crawford is better than Niemi ever was as a Blackhawk. And the same exact team?

Byfuglien-Toews-Kane
Brouwer-Sharp-Hossa
Versteeg-Bolland-Ladd
Kopecky-Madden-Eager

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Sopel-Hendry

is the exact same as

Bickell-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Handzus-Hossa
Saad-Shaw-Stalberg
Bolland-Kruger-Frolik

??

The Kings won the Cup scoring 2.6 goals per game(non-empty net). Is is so inconceivable that if the Blues got past the Kings they would've scored more goals? Or is their offense completely inept and unable to produce at all during the playoffs no matter what? That is good new to hear if true.

Game 1: 2-1 OT Blues
Game 2: 2-1 Blues
Game 3: 1-0 Kings
Game 4: 4-3 Kings
Game 5: 3-2 OT Kings
Game 6: 2-1 Kings

Game 4. Blues scored 3 goals but Elliot gave up 4. Look at how close all of these games were. With a better goaltender, the Blues might have gotten out of this series. The Kings scored 2 goals per game and won the series. I was lead to believe that was impossible, but here we have proof it is in fact possible.

J. Quick: .944 SV%
B. Elliot: .919 SV%

That was the difference. The Kings goaltending was the difference in the series and the reason the Blues went home in the 1st round.

The year before:
J. Quick: 28/29, 27/29, 18/20, 23/24 = 96/102 = 0.941 SV%
B. Elliot: 26/28, 16/21, 18/22, 16/18 = 76/89 = 0.854 SV%

Well, lets see if Elliot gets a 3rd shot at it.

Some teams can overcome having their goalie outplayed but the Blues aren't one of them. The Blues aren't the Blackhawks or the Red Wings of old, they simply aren't as talented. Just because the Hawks won with Niemi and Crawford doesn't mean the Blues can do the same. They won't win with interchangable type goalies. Thus you see a 1st and 2nd round exit when they go against the Kings. If they have a goaltender capable of stealing a series like a Halak or Ryan Miller do they fare better? Maybe, maybe not. But I know how they fared with Elliot.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 05:15 PM
  #80
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,669
vCash: 130
For anyone who watched every minute of that series, they would say we lost because of our lack of finishing. Quick gave up more soft goals than Elliott. It really is that simple, we couldn't finish, and that's why we were interested in Vanek, and will most likely be interested in Moulson.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:02 PM
  #81
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
Couturier and a third for Stewart and a second. And Lapierre, who can fill the Talbot role. And Halak for the rest of the year with a chance to re-sign him and play a 50-30 split with Emery, which is much better for him.

...I don't want Lapierre on my team either.
So...opening a huge hole in the roster by trading Couturier to fill a 4th/fringe 3rd line role, and Halak to fill a role we don't need filled.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:40 PM
  #82
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Trap City
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
For anyone who watched every minute of that series, they would say we lost because of our lack of finishing. Quick gave up more soft goals than Elliott. It really is that simple, we couldn't finish, and that's why we were interested in Vanek, and will most likely be interested in Moulson.
Good luck convincing anyone outside of St. Louis that. Apparently Brian Elliott sucks and it's not possible that he could have improved since he left Colorado.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:41 PM
  #83
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 9,709
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Good luck convincing anyone outside of St. Louis that. Apparently Brian Elliott sucks and it's not possible that he could have improved since he left Colorado.
Everyone knows goalies peak at the age of 26 bro

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:55 PM
  #84
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,669
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So...opening a huge hole in the roster by trading Couturier to fill a 4th/fringe 3rd line role, and Halak to fill a role we don't need filled.
And Stewart who would help your scoring problem.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 07:04 PM
  #85
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Trap City
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Everyone knows goalies peak at the age of 26 bro
Damn, you caught me! In all honesty, he's a good goalie and he played well enough to win that series. Anybody that watched it should know that.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 07:07 PM
  #86
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
And Stewart who would help your scoring problem.
How does Stewart help our scoring problem? We already have a bunch of 20 goal types. He doesn't bring nearly enough scoring to offset the large drop in overall team defense with Couturier being moved.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.