HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Finally a home win!

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 06:04 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
Not an Eagles fan, but I've never understood the Reid hate... It's impressive to see what he's done with Kansas City, albeit he was handed the keys to a team that's been stock piling good players through the drafts. Still takes someone to make them gel... Will say this though - the Broncos, whom most people are gushing over in the media have played just as ****y teams, just running up the score in the process. KC, on the other hand has a stellar defense, which typically helps when weather turns.
I think he's a good coach in the sense of X's & O's but he makes a lot of dumb in game choices (mainly when it comes to managing the time). I also wouldn't want him to have full control over the roster if he was the coach of my team.

I don't hate the guy & overall I do think he's a good coach but he has some flaws that are very damn annoying as a fan.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:02 PM
PhilaFlyers

Reid was a very good coach, but after so many years you get fed up with some of the dumb **** he did.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I think he's a good coach in the sense of X's & O's but he makes a lot of dumb in game choices (mainly when it comes to managing the time). I also wouldn't want him to have full control over the roster if he was the coach of my team.

I don't hate the guy & overall I do think he's a good coach but he has some flaws that are very damn annoying as a fan.
Agree to an extent, same with the poster above you... some of his personal decisions are questionable but I think Howie Roseman is more of a detriment to the team than Andy ever could be. Will say this, the guy can coach up a Quarterback, which in a passing league might be the most important type of coach to have.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
Agree to an extent, same with the poster above you... some of his personal decisions are questionable but I think Howie Roseman is more of a detriment to the team than Andy ever could be. Will say this, the guy can coach up a Quarterback, which in a passing league might be the most important type of coach to have.
Well that doesn't help neither but time will tell, both guys are away from each other now.

As for coaching QB's he can do that, conning teams into thinking guys like AJ Feeley & Kevin Kolb are starting QB's in the NFL is his speciality.

Old
11-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 230
he is a good coach until teams adjust and he doesnt. he never adjusts.

11-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Nnamdi Asomugha was placed on waivers.

Old
11-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Rodgers is injured...

Old
11-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Rodgers is injured...
I'd never wish injury on anyone, but if this injury extends to next week, that could be the good luck we need to get another win.

Old
11-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
I'd never wish injury on anyone, but if this injury extends to next week, that could be the good luck we need to get another win.
I am not looking forward him playing against this defense. Imo he is the best QB ever, and he is just a wizard with the ball. Looks like it is a collarbone/shoulder injury, doesnt look good for him.

Old
11-04-2013, 09:24 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Nnamdi Asomugha was placed on waivers.
The demise of Nnamdi Asomugha is seriously one of the most perplexing storylines in recent memory for me. How does a guy go from one of the best corners in the game to a complete waste of a roster spot in seemingly the flip of a switch? Very strange. Shame too,
I always liked him in Oakland, he was fun to watch.

Old
11-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Roman Reigns
One Versus All

Quote:
I am not looking forward him playing against this defense. Imo he is the best QB ever, and he is just a wizard with the ball. Looks like it is a collarbone/shoulder injury, doesnt look good for him.
I agree. He has everything you want in a franchise QB. There's really no flaw in his game. It's kind of bittersweet if he won't be able to play next week.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
I agree. He has everything you want in a franchise QB. There's really no flaw in his game. It's kind of bittersweet if he won't be able to play next week.
We'll have the privilege of watching Seneca Wallace instead!

Old
11-05-2013, 06:41 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Lol Rodgers best qb ever? And you question if I've ever watched football

Old
11-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Huh?

Old
11-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Hiesenberg

Foles might tack on another 5 TDs

Old
11-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

To expand on my "huh?" this point in time in the NFL for quarterbacks is similar to the NHL in the 80's. It's very pass happy and high scoring, leading to over inflated statistics.

I'm pretty sure the only guy throwing this much back in the day was Marino (maybe Elway), so if you're purely comparing statistics you have to use him. Then you also have guys like Manning and Brady playing now.

I think there's several guys from this time that will be thrown into the top QB's of all time discussion, but for me you have (in no order):

Marino
Manning
Brady
Montana
Elway

I have my own order, but as long as 4 of those guys are in your top 5 and one of them is your #1 I wouldn't really argue too much.

Old
11-05-2013, 08:48 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
The demise of Nnamdi Asomugha is seriously one of the most perplexing storylines in recent memory for me. How does a guy go from one of the best corners in the game to a complete waste of a roster spot in seemingly the flip of a switch? Very strange. Shame too,
I always liked him in Oakland, he was fun to watch.
Yea, its almost unbelievable. But at least the Eagles didn't trade for the guy.... Could you imagine giving up the assets needed to get one of the top 3 CBs in the league? It wouldn't gut your team like a hockey trade, but it would still really suck.

Old
11-05-2013, 10:40 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Well that doesn't help neither but time will tell, both guys are away from each other now.

As for coaching QB's he can do that, conning teams into thinking guys like AJ Feeley & Kevin Kolb are starting QB's in the NFL is his speciality.
Kolb
Reid traded the 1st round pick to Dallas (Anthony Spencer) and moved back to pick Kolb.
Kolb was a non-factor in Philly, an ok back up.
Kolb traded to AZ for DRC and a 2nd in 2012 (Vinny Curry)
DRC pretty much sucks and is not resigned. Signs with Denver as a FA.

Ultimately, the Eagles ended up with Vinny Curry for trading Kolb. A DE that looks like he can play, but considering Spencer's career as a DT, did it really make sense to not take Spencer in order to end up with Curry 5 years later?

Feely
Traded to Miami for a 2nd
That 2nd was either Reggie Brown or Matt McCoy, I can't find which 2nd rounder the Eagles got from Miami; however, neither of those players ever did anything here.

McNabb
Traded to WSH for 2nd and 4th round picks.
These picks turned into Nate Allen, Casey Matthew and DeMeco Ryans. Allen is barely able to play in the NFL, Matthews is a mediocre ST player at best and Ryans can play (keep in mind he was a known talent, not drafted by Reid).

Reid sucked at drafting and then blew the picks he was able to get teams to pay for below average QBs, and you think he's got a real talent?

I know this is more a reflection of Reid's drafting ability, and you're speaking of his ability to get decent picks for crap QBs; but, the end result is so bad that I can't give the guy credit for anything.

Old
11-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Are you forgetting a ?

Because if not then

Old
11-05-2013, 04:08 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Reid sucked at drafting and then blew the picks he was able to get teams to pay for below average QBs, and you think he's got a real talent?

I know this is more a reflection of Reid's drafting ability, and you're speaking of his ability to get decent picks for crap QBs; but, the end result is so bad that I can't give the guy credit for anything.
Yes, you basically answered your own question, just because he's bad at one thing doesn't mean he can't be good at something else.

He can coach the QB position. How about the year when McNabb got hurt, we were winning games with Detmer & Feeley or when McNabb got hurt again a few years later & we had to pull Garcia off the streets & again we still were winning games?

You have to give credit where it's due, he usually gets the most out of his QB's.

Old
11-05-2013, 04:22 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Kolb
Reid traded the 1st round pick to Dallas (Anthony Spencer) and moved back to pick Kolb.
Kolb was a non-factor in Philly, an ok back up.
Kolb traded to AZ for DRC and a 2nd in 2012 (Vinny Curry)
DRC pretty much sucks and is not resigned. Signs with Denver as a FA.

Ultimately, the Eagles ended up with Vinny Curry for trading Kolb. A DE that looks like he can play, but considering Spencer's career as a DT, did it really make sense to not take Spencer in order to end up with Curry 5 years later?

Feely
Traded to Miami for a 2nd
That 2nd was either Reggie Brown or Matt McCoy, I can't find which 2nd rounder the Eagles got from Miami; however, neither of those players ever did anything here.

McNabb
Traded to WSH for 2nd and 4th round picks.
These picks turned into Nate Allen, Casey Matthew and DeMeco Ryans. Allen is barely able to play in the NFL, Matthews is a mediocre ST player at best and Ryans can play (keep in mind he was a known talent, not drafted by Reid).

He was surely able to masquerade backups as future star QBs. If he hit on half the picks he'd acquired... oh boy!

Old
11-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Lol Rodgers best qb ever? And you question if I've ever watched football
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Huh?
look at the stats and just watch him play. He is the best qb I have ever seen play. Oh, and he puts up these video game numbers behind a rubbish ol and very little running game.

Old
11-05-2013, 04:42 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
look at the stats and just watch him play. He is the best qb I have ever seen play.
I mean your opinion is your opinion, I don't think he's the best QB in the league right now, let alone ever.

Old
11-05-2013, 04:43 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Yes, you basically answered your own question, just because he's bad at one thing doesn't mean he can't be good at something else.

He can coach the QB position. How about the year when McNabb got hurt, we were winning games with Detmer & Feeley or when McNabb got hurt again a few years later & we had to pull Garcia off the streets & again we still were winning games?

You have to give credit where it's due, he usually gets the most out of his QB's.
Eh, he didn't get much out of any QB other than McNabb. You could even make the argument that he got less out of McNabb than other less stubborn coaches would have (the guy had a real receiver for a year).

Also, please be more specific than "that year McNabb got hurt"

Old
11-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I mean your opinion is your opinion, I don't think he's the best QB in the league right now, let alone ever.
fair enough, I see him at his peak being better than Manning/Brady/Brees ever were.

Closed Thread