HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thoughts on the Blue Jackets???

Old
12-15-2006, 02:33 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
Thoughts on the Blue Jackets???

What does everyone think about what Hitch has done to that team? thye had all the talent. just a matter of getter a system to play with. i m happy for him in the jackets. I thought that hitch couldnt help them because they were already nt scoring goals, now they love Norrena ( i too picked him up in my league). YOu guys happy angry, bitter what?

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Lab Monkey

hitch always make an impact at first, i give it a year or 2 before they stop listening to him tho

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:43 PM
mikedifr

I was hesitating to bring this topic up. I think it is what it is. Hitch is one of the best coaches in the league, regardless of what some people here think. His record speaks for itself. IMO he got a raw deal here. They are basically still crap without him here, although that is no fault of Stevens. It is a combination of players being hurt, not ready, young, slumping, no leadership, etc. Enough of that though.

He is the type of coach that needs good leadership on the team to get his message across, and he did not have that here. He has it with Fedorov and Foote.

I think the big thing is, he is doing it with a lot of young players over there. All of his detractors on this board said he couldnt work with young players. Well, I would like to see what they have to say now.

The only bitter feelings I have are the same as when they let him go, I didnt agree with it.

Congrats to him on a good start in CB, and I will now follow that team as long as he is there and route for them to win (except when playing the Flyers).

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by richichi View Post
hitch always make an impact at first, i give it a year or 2 before they stop listening to him tho
Thats bull. Who cares if his impact lasts 2 or 3 years. If the players are given to him, he will win the cup in those 2 or 3 years.

Some people around here are so used to mediocrity, sometimes I think they want it to stay that way.

Old
12-15-2006, 04:35 PM
DougKnowsBest

the CBJ are scoring more goals because hitch has the boys playing better positionally.

mostly we where just such a mess before that his professionalism and experience where enough to make us better. the real story wont be told, like the guy above said, for another year or two.

but we are thrilled to have him, he has been just what we needed

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I'm happy for him, but like another poster said I don't see it lasting. He has one of the moodiest young cores in the NHL. Right now, they're excited to challenge for the playoffs and get a new beginning. But after a season or two of his demanding coaching style, players like Zherdev, Nash and Fritsche are going to go awoll.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Lab Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Thats bull. Who cares if his impact lasts 2 or 3 years. If the players are given to him, he will win the cup in those 2 or 3 years.

Some people around here are so used to mediocrity, sometimes I think they want it to stay that way.
im not denying his coaching ability hes a hell of a coach, possibly the best in the game... problem is the game changed and defence will NOT win you games, so unless he changes that aspect of his coaching i cant see him winning a cup. however if he starts to bring in more offence he has a good young team to do it with.

the players are playing to impress right now, they will all know their roles within no time with him and thats when the troubles will begin. can you see Nash or Zherdev as checking line centers within a couple seasons? i can.. i dont want that to happen but i could totally see them moved around in retarded line changes then somehow they click in a defensive way and boom... stuck there

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Nordique

I guess time will tell, but first impressions are pretty damn good in Columbus.

He took over a 5-13-2 team, that hasn't posted a winning season in its history, and went 6-3-1 in his first ten games behind the bench. But most importantly, he seems to have gotten the top players(Nash for example) on board with the program. If Columbus somehow makes the playoffs, he will have to be seriously considered for the Jack Adams.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
I'm happy for him, but like another poster said I don't see it lasting. He has one of the moodiest young cores in the NHL. Right now, they're excited to challenge for the playoffs and get a new beginning. But after a season or two of his demanding coaching style, players like Zherdev, Nash and Fritsche are going to go awoll.
Nash, Zherdev, and Fritsche are not the type of guys who abandon there team on the ice or off. I realize you aren't a studied Blue Jacket fan so you can't be faulted for not knowing our line up. Right now Hitchcock has both his team and that team's fanbase eating out of the palm of his hand as both the team and the fans are sick to death of losing and hungry to learn how to win. So it lasts a year, two years...whatever, we have a very young team that has lacked a teacher and a championship winning coach to follow and now they have one of the best. More so than for a team like the flyers...fundementals and basic systems are necessary and key to Hitch's success with his new team.

There were many flyer fans who gave dire warnings to CBJ fans that Hitch would "ruin" our young players by displaying a lack of faith in them and unwillingness to play them on the ice. None of those warnings has held up to scrutiny, however. Our team is so young that Hitchcock really has no choice in the matter and infact seems happy to play our youngest and most inexperienced players many minutes and in every important situation in the games. Hitch apparently loves our kids and his attention to their developing games has already blossomed into some rather incredible scoring and winning points. We are thrilled to have Hitchcock and all the wisdom and gravitas he brings with him.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by richichi View Post
im not denying his coaching ability hes a hell of a coach, possibly the best in the game... problem is the game changed and defence will NOT win you games, so unless he changes that aspect of his coaching i cant see him winning a cup. however if he starts to bring in more offence he has a good young team to do it with.

the players are playing to impress right now, they will all know their roles within no time with him and thats when the troubles will begin. can you see Nash or Zherdev as checking line centers within a couple seasons? i can.. i dont want that to happen but i could totally see them moved around in retarded line changes then somehow they click in a defensive way and boom... stuck there
Neither Nash nor Zherdev are centers, so no they won't be checking line centers in a few years. Fritsche is however as is Malholtra and Svitov and who knows what kind of center Brule will become.

If you're really worried (which I doubt) about how Nash and Zherdev do under Hitch's teachings... I suggest you stay tuned and revisit your analysis in January you'll be surprised, I'm sure.

Old
12-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
Neither Nash nor Zherdev are centers, so no they won't be checking line centers in a few years. Fritsche is however as is Malholtra and Svitov and who knows what kind of center Brule will become.

If you're really worried (which I doubt) about how Nash and Zherdev do under Hitch's teachings... I suggest you stay tuned and revisit your analysis in January you'll be surprised, I'm sure.
I'll be paying attention a bit longer than that.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
I'll be paying attention a bit longer than that.
good deal

and i'm sorry about your guy's injury situation again right now. rough ride ... speedy recovery to the herniated guys (i still like Sandy) and I hope Foppa get's some skates that work soon.

peace.

Old
12-15-2006, 10:58 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
Nash, Zherdev, and Fritsche are not the type of guys who abandon there team on the ice or off. I realize you aren't a studied Blue Jacket fan so you can't be faulted for not knowing our line up. Right now Hitchcock has both his team and that team's fanbase eating out of the palm of his hand as both the team and the fans are sick to death of losing and hungry to learn how to win. So it lasts a year, two years...whatever, we have a very young team that has lacked a teacher and a championship winning coach to follow and now they have one of the best. More so than for a team like the flyers...fundementals and basic systems are necessary and key to Hitch's success with his new team.

There were many flyer fans who gave dire warnings to CBJ fans that Hitch would "ruin" our young players by displaying a lack of faith in them and unwillingness to play them on the ice. None of those warnings has held up to scrutiny, however. Our team is so young that Hitchcock really has no choice in the matter and infact seems happy to play our youngest and most inexperienced players many minutes and in every important situation in the games. Hitch apparently loves our kids and his attention to their developing games has already blossomed into some rather incredible scoring and winning points. We are thrilled to have Hitchcock and all the wisdom and gravitas he brings with him.
Thats because it is complete bull. Gagne and Pitkanen sure looked great under him. Carter, Umberger and Richards had a hell of a lot better year last year with him as coach. He will be fine with young players. Hitch is one of the smartest coaches in the league. I am sure he will adapt to the new rules and be fine with the young players over there. As long has he has a good leadership group in place, all will be well. Watch Nash blossom into a great player now like Gagne did.

Old
12-16-2006, 01:04 AM
BringBackStevens

its not that i question hitchcock's relationship with youngsters, but i started to question his stance on using his players in the right roles. he made many questionable moves with our lineup that i truely didn't understand.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:50 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
its not that i question hitchcock's relationship with youngsters, but i started to question his stance on using his players in the right roles. he made many questionable moves with our lineup that i truely didn't understand.
Yeah, let's be realistic, it's fantastic that he is doing great in Colombus, but he really didn't know what to do with the team he had in Philly anymore. His last few weeks were pathetic.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Kashew*

Send a message via AIM to Kashew* Send a message via MSN to Kashew*
let us not be too quick to judge hitchcock. he has had great short term success. i'd like to see how it looks after 20 games or so before i start calling him a good pick up or not.

Kashew* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 06:57 AM
sickamore

Quote:

And it continues even after a CBJ fan explains it from a CBJ fan perspective.

sickamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 01:30 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
Yeah, let's be realistic, it's fantastic that he is doing great in Colombus, but he really didn't know what to do with the team he had in Philly anymore. His last few weeks were pathetic.
And Steven's past few weeks have been better???

Old
12-16-2006, 11:33 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
my thoughts on CBJ?
A skilled western conferance team that lacks quality defenseman and goaltending to compete in the tough western conferance
other then that I could care less about them.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
And Steven's past few weeks have been better???
The question should be: Is Steven a coach?

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote