HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huet against the Pens

Old
12-16-2006, 11:40 PM
canadian_man_44

vCash: 500
Huet against the Pens

After a great game like this one I'm surprised not to see at least a small appreciation thread for Huet. He played an amazing game stopping 15 of 17 shots in the first period alone and 31 saves on the night. The first period highlight, in my mind, was the beautiful glove save off a Mark Recchi one timer.

I started watching the game on RDS but during the intermission changed the channel to CBC and was surprised as hell to actually see the Habs game was playing on there. Anyway, I finished watching the game on HNIC. I was as surprised as Don Cherry when the three stars came up on CBC. I'm not sure who was picked on RDS, but, on CBC Huet wasn't picked. I'm not sure who was doing the picks for them, but, obviously they didn't watch the game. If it hadn't been for Huets brilliant play in the first period this game would have been one for the losses column, even with the four goals in the second period. Like Cherry said, Huet was the reason the Habs won this game and the last one against Tampa Bay.

Show Huet some appreciation and while we're at it, thank Theodore for sucking so badly we got to see how good Huet is.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:33 AM
GSK*

13-3-3 2SO.

I don't know his save% but that was .933 before the game and 2.26GAA.. So the GAA will go up, may be the save% will go down indeed.

Anyway, yes he was really good in the first period.

He's no doubt a good goaltender, number 1 for sure, may be top-10 in the league but not much more then 7-8-9...IMO, he doesn't have the "endurance" to log more then 55 games in a season or 70 like Brodeur as exemple.

But Thumbs Up Huet !

Very calm, I like it.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:49 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Huet's save percentage should be .931 after tonight, still tops in the league. Nabokov's, Kipprusoff's, Giguerre's all went down, so Huet will have the lead by a couple percentage points.
He's really falling behind in the GAA race, though. I'm not complaining, just evaluating his All-Star/Vezina chances. His GAA isn't helped by the fact that MTL is second-to-last in average shots against per game (34!). Giguere has faced 20 extra shots on Huet, but has played in 8 more games (~500 extra minutes)!

12-17-2006, 12:51 AM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Huet's save percentage should be .931 after tonight, still tops in the league. Nabokov's, Kipprusoff's, Giguerre's all went down, so Huet will have the lead by a couple percentage points.
He's really falling behind in the GAA race, though. I'm not complaining, just evaluating his All-Star/Vezina chances.
SO the Sabres

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Artyukhin*

its the wins that count and he doing a excellent job holding us in many games we dont deserve to win .

Huet

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:23 AM
Sthabs

With the amazing Forwards there s in the Eastern Conference, + the amazing defenseman there s in the West, especially in front of Js Giguere,
I guess we can assume that Huet wont finish with the best gaa, but i wouldnt be surprised if he gets the best save% again

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote