HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Anaheim-Pittsburgh

Old
11-04-2013, 11:16 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Then I think that you may be guilty of living in the past. He has done very well since leaving Pittsburgh.
I watch quite a few Anaheim games. He's serviceable, but not someone you want playing next to Fowler.

Despres has far greater upside and proved last year he's ready for a regular NHL role. Like Lovejoy, he just needs the opportunity.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Sean Garrity
Quack Quack Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJM777 View Post
That's why it is an opinion. I mentioned nothing about him being an OFD ... I just said from the "several times" I've seen him I just didn't like him...I do think he is atrocious defensively and I'll stand by what I said but it's just my opinion. If you disagree(as a few of you do) fine. The whole point of my post was Fowler would make Pens fans miss Letang. (Not including the other pieces of the trade)
Nobody is arguing against you regarding this statement. Not one person has said that Fowler is better than Letang.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I watch quite a few Anaheim games. He's serviceable, but not someone you want playing next to Fowler.

Despres has far greater upside and proved last year he's ready for a regular NHL role. Like Lovejoy, he just needs the opportunity.
Whether we want him playing next to Fowler doesn't mean that Despres is suddenly knocking him out of our roster. If Lindholm isn't being handed a job on Fowler's pairing, then you can be damn sure that Despres isn't going to suddenly get special treatment.

And as was stated earlier, there are no opportunities available for Despres here.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Rocket of Russia
Needs more Tang

Oh good another trade Letang thread that leaves a win now team in worse shape now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
I don't know why any Pens fan would make a proposal involving Letang.

Not only is it goofy to want to trade a 26 year old perennial Norris contender, his HF value is skewed low because people think he's terrible defensively.
This guy...uh yeah.

Quote:
Your first foray into this thread led off with you saying that Letang was greater than any other player in the offer by a significant margin. He's ahead of Fowler, no doubt about that, but I think you are really selling Fowler short, which is probably why you don't understand why so many Ducks fans were laughing at it. Despres is a long way from making up the difference here.
Letang is significantly better than Fowler. How else could she have worded it? Where does the notion that that's not true even come from? Where did Fowler finish in Norris voting?

Quote:
Whether we want him playing next to Fowler doesn't mean that Despres is suddenly knocking him out of our roster.

And as was stated earlier, there are no opportunities available for Despres here.
Despres already knocked Lovejoy out of a roster.

Quote:
You're unlikely to see much interest in Despres from Ducks fans, because most of us are skeptical
That's fair.

Quote:
and I'd say rightly so, that he'd have any more luck cracking our roster than he is in Pittsburgh. We're dealing with our own log jam.
This not so much. Again, Lovejoy was traded, and heavily because Despres was deemed better.

Rocket of Russia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:19 AM
getzforfighting*

Send a message via MSN to getzforfighting*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
Guess the Ducks don't need a Norris finalist d-man.
guess the pens dont either?

getzforfighting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket of Russia View Post
Despres already knocked Lovejoy out of a roster.

This not so much. Again, Lovejoy was traded, and heavily because Despres was deemed better.
This is eerily similar to what Leafs fans used to say about Beauchemin after his trade. I understand that he didn't have a place with the Pens and that they were willing to give his spot over to a prospect. Well, that doesn't mean the exact same situation plays out here. He was sold to us by Pens fans as a decent 6/7 guy. He's proven to be better than that in his time here.

The guy he'd be competing with is Lindholm. He's not knocking Lindholm out of the lineup.

Old
11-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Lord Flacko*

Terrible for Anaheim.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:23 AM
Gliff
Salty

vCash: 1075
WTF is up with all the DUcks proposals up right now and all of them being terrible.

Not even going to get into value here but why trade all those young guys on great contracts for a guy making 7+ mil next year that wont be the final piece to a cup team?

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:27 AM
Dylonus

Quote:
We're being asked to give up our top defenseman(still just 21 years old), one of the top goaltending prospects in the league(currently appears to be the best in the AHL as a rookie), one of our best young forwards, AND a 1st. What response were you expecting? We're the third best team in the league. Ask yourself why would we do this? We all know Letang is a great defenseman, but there's absolutely no incentive for us to shake up our roster and prospect pool like this.
You act like Pittsburgh isn't giving up a young defensemen, a 2nd round pick this past summer and a Norris Trophy Finalist...

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:29 AM
Gliff
Salty

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
You act like Pittsburgh isn't giving up a young defensemen, a 2nd round pick this past summer and a Norris Trophy Finalist...
Then keep them...

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
You act like we need those things that aren't Letang.

Old
11-05-2013, 02:44 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
From an Anaheim perspective, this is how I view this deal:

Letang for Fowler, Palmieri, Gibson, and a 1st.

The other two players are there to throw in some extra value, and I'm not trying to dismiss them as just add-on's, but they just aren't needed and from Anaheim's point of view that's probably exactly what they end up being.

Once you add on Letang's contract, I just don't see how this could possibly work for Anaheim. I won't pretend to know if it works from Pittsburgh's side of things, but for Anaheim that is a huge contract to take on, and a tough package to give up for Letang.

11-05-2013, 02:45 AM
Yeaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
Penguins trade Letang, Despres and Jarry/Murray

Ducks trade Fowler, Palmieri, Gibson and a 2014 1st

What needs added on either side to balance this?
I don't get why either team does this? Letang just extended long term with the Penguins. When was the last time a player commited for 8 years and was traded 1 year into the deal?

Ducks have no reason at all to trade any of the assets. Fowler and Palmieri are doing great on the Ducks and are both on good deals. Gibson is our goalie of the future from the looks of it a real stud. He should be a solid starter at least in his career. And the 1st we need to continue to bolster our prospect pool, which was bad for so many years.

Yeaoh is offline   Reply With Quote