HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Ottawa at Buffalo - Dec 16.06

Old
12-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson View Post
The problem I have with Emery is that the 4 highlight reel saves he makes are all created by him, with poor plays. The 3 pad stops in a row were great to watch, but they were all low shots off his right pad that he kicked back out into the slot everytime. Shot, rebound, shot, rebound, shot, hits Fisher or else it would have been in the net, and is then cleared.

The second HUGE save of the night was the blocker save on Drury. Emery over commits on the puck to his left, it gets dished down low to Drury on his right, Emery scrambles back to his right post and makes a great save.

The last 2 minutes there were some awful rebounds. It's nice to see him only letting 1 in a game, but it's only a matter of time before he gets burnt playing with fire. I noticed the highlights from the Detroit game being similar. Huge saves to make up for poor decisions. To be fair I only saw the highlights for the Detroit game, but I just don't think you can survive like that, long term.
News flash, goalie pads are bouncy.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Brandi

Quote:
The problem I have with Emery is that the 4 highlight reel saves he makes are all created by him, with poor plays. The 3 pad stops in a row were great to watch, but they were all low shots off his right pad that he kicked back out into the slot everytime. Shot, rebound, shot, rebound, shot, hits Fisher or else it would have been in the net, and is then cleared.

The second HUGE save of the night was the blocker save on Drury. Emery over commits on the puck to his left, it gets dished down low to Drury on his right, Emery scrambles back to his right post and makes a great save.

The last 2 minutes there were some awful rebounds. It's nice to see him only letting 1 in a game, but it's only a matter of time before he gets burnt playing with fire. I noticed the highlights from the Detroit game being similar. Huge saves to make up for poor decisions. To be fair I only saw the highlights for the Detroit game, but I just don't think you can survive like that, long term.
I gotta say, I'm pretty surprised to see this post.

As for the last 2 minutes, for 1 min, they had an extra man, and they had nothing to lose. So Buffalo is going to go all out and do anything to score. Pinch in, shoot from anywhere etc

I wouldn't say he makes poor decisions, but i would see he still could work on rebound control.

Nevertheless, he's the reason why we won . He made about 3 amazingly huge saves to keep us in , in the 2nd period. Then the full time showed for the 3rd.

Just to add, in rebounding from his mistakes at times, shows that Emery is recognizing them, and is more aware of where he is in his net. That's far better than last year

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Erick G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Welcome back Alfie
With the captain on the ice
Sens are Sens again
Agreed!
Alfy is such a key to the sens.
Incredible play maker.

Erick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:07 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:

Roberto Luongo begs to differ. If he was here we would be saying the same thing, his rebound control sucks but for all the extra shots h creates for himself he makes the saves.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Tachycineta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Question

Since when did the nfl starting appearing on Sat nights?

I love it

TSN is really starting to gain a lot of coverage

I love it more .. but not the commenators
Brandi- the NFL has always had Saturday night games late in the season... Usually, this starts after US Thanksgiving. More NFL= more rubbing it in that the Bills are not going to make the playoffs....lol

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!

Last edited by Tachycineta: 12-16-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:56 PM
hockeycountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston View Post
No ice time for McAmmond..
It's kind of sad, yeah. Unfortunately for Dean, I don't think he stepped up enough during Alfie's absence to get off the fourth line, but to not get a second of ice time, not even on the penalty kill . . . that's rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston
I think Brian Murray should marry Kelly.
I've passed denial and confusion, and I'm trying to look on the bright side: at least Kelly isn't on the power play.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I gotta say, I'm pretty surprised to see this post.
Don't be surprised. Rico has said repeatedly that Emery will never be an NHL goaltender. He's not a Razor fan.

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Air

I'm glad we're at least beating one team consistently.

Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 11:20 PM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Well I was wrong.

Nice to see a really good road game from the Sens!

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:21 AM
ynaffit

What the hell Murray
Give McAmmond some ice time
...One two three four five.

ynaffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:33 AM
OttawaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynaffit View Post
What the hell Murray
Give McAmmond some ice time
...One two three four five.
Why? He was a -3 against Nashville. If you don't contribute offensively (9pts, on pace for 22 on the year) you better not hurt us defensively.

Heck Murray was playing McGratton with Spezza and Heatley that game because he didn't want McAmmond on the ice anymore (and wanted to give McGratton some ice time).

Last edited by OttawaGM: 12-17-2006 at 12:40 AM.
OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:43 AM
ISensFanI

Alfredsson

that man had a hell of a game. I think were gunna go back to the winning ways now..I just feel it

Alfredsson in the lineup playing like he can = good team effort

If we make a run in the playoffs its gunna be Alfie and Emery that steal the show.

ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
Why? He was a -3 against Nashville. If you don't contribute offensively (9pts, on pace for 22 on the year) you better not hurt us defensively.

Heck Murray was playing McGratton with Spezza and Heatley that game because he didn't want McAmmond on the ice anymore (and wanted to give McGratton some ice time).
How do you produce with Hamel and McGrattan? Get real. McAmmond is as good as Kelly its just favoritism that makes the diffrence.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:00 AM
senility

Well, we may only be a .500 team, but it sure feels good to be able to say that we own the best team in the east, and maybe the league. If we make the playoffs, the guys should at least believe that they can beat anybody if they are willing to sacrifice their bodies in order to do it. Volchenkov was a hero tonight. At this pace, his career won't last past 30, but it sure is amazing to watch the fearlessness with which he throws himself in front of pucks. If the others can somehow take a page out of his book when it matters most, we'll be just fine.

senility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:12 AM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maakala View Post
Nope. He's not even close yet. It's still indefinetly.
Did anyone else hear that Redden will be back next week? I think it was someone on HNIC after the Vancouver game where they reported that.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 01:21 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
Did anyone else hear that Redden will be back next week? I think it was someone on HNIC after the Vancouver game where they reported that.

Old
12-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Preeat

Send a message via MSN to Preeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
Yup, will be back Tuesday vs. Boston if not then almost a certainity for Thursday against the Lightning.

Preeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 05:50 AM
Safir*

Geez, I was warming up to the idea of taking away the C from Alfie! Boys would that be counterproductive. #11 had a huge game. Wow!!!

Am I surprised that we won? No! I actually knew that with Alfie back in the lineup, we would win this game. Come playoff time, we need to have a similar impact player/ leader on the ice, because good teams can shut Alfie down.

I don't wanna through the entire thread, but I'm pretty that Emery got lauded already. Just wanted laud him him, too. Wow...just Wow...what a save that was on Drury. Simply amazing!!! He saves the collective Sens butts against the Detriot RW and now comes up big against the "Horned Slugs."

Sens MVP= "Sugar Ray" (Emery.)

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post

I don't know first hand, but my guess is that Gratts was out there in case he ran one of our players. Not because he wants to give him ice time. I don't see that at all

He did that previously this year, can't remember when.

So I would doubt he puts Gratts out there , just because he didn't want Mcammond on the ice. Gratts and Mcammond are nothing alike.

Old
12-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseus View Post
Don't be surprised. Rico has said repeatedly that Emery will never be an NHL goaltender. He's not a Razor fan.
Ahh I see. Well one one's mind is set, one's mind is set.

Old
12-17-2006, 09:16 AM
GoalieAttitude*

First off congratz to your Sens for a game well played again last night against our Sabres ! Emery has played very very well the last 2 games against the Sabres and imo has pretty much stolen the last 2 games from us and out dueled Miller. In my view of the Sens , Emery is your key . I think , from the games i have seen him play that he has taken his game to the next level .Now , saying that, i still think he overcommits on plays and takes himself out of position but he is getting help from his dmen and in some instances being able to recover just enough to thwart a scoring chance ie: Drury's play last night that may have changed the outcome of the game when the Sabres had just scored to make it 2-1 and Emery stood tall on that chance !If by chance Emery's goaltending coach can somehow keep this kid from overcommiting , he has a very bright future in the NHL, he sort of reminds me Ron Tugnut a bit !And to go just a step further on Emery, i think , imo , Emery play's with a very big and apparent chip on his shoulder EVERY time he plays against the Sabres to privately avenge last years playoff loss to the Sabres. Always fun watching the Sens and Sabres go at it , very entertaining for sure whether the Sabres win or lose ! Your Sens are indeed talented and if they can get the goaltending from Emery that i have seen thus far going into the playoffs,the Sens are dangerous !Good luck guys and Happy Holidays to all on the Board .

GoalieAttitude* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
Volchenkov was very impressive. He was easily the best dman on the ice last night. He looked like a mobile version of Jay Mckee.

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Brembo's avatar = love.

I have 326 pictures of Anton in from his Sens years at home if anyone wants.

I have 213 of Russia / Bingo Anton.

oh man my head I'm still at the girls' house.

I missed the game. They're all Habs fans.

Twitter: @livelikeagypsy
Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 10:43 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post
Brembo's avatar = love.

I have 326 pictures of Anton in from his Sens years at home if anyone wants.

I have 213 of Russia / Bingo Anton.

oh man my head I'm still at the girls' house.

I missed the game. They're all Habs fans.
Orange Juice, and couple aspirin will get rid off the headache.

Hangovers suck.

Old
12-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preeat View Post
Yup, will be back Tuesday vs. Boston if not then almost a certainity for Thursday against the Lightning.
THANK GOD. We could really use him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalieAttitude View Post
Emery has played very very well the last 2 games against the Sabres and imo has pretty much stolen the last 2 games from us and out dueled Miller....And to go just a step further on Emery, i think , imo , Emery play's with a very big and apparent chip on his shoulder EVERY time he plays against the Sabres to privately avenge last years playoff loss to the Sabres.
I agree, Emery seems to be at his best when it gets personal i.e. vs. Miller/Buffalo, and we saw the best game of his career vs. Detroit the other night (vs. Hasek). That said, he's played extremely well all year long, and most of us believe him to be our MVP at this point of the season for our team.

He's been improving a lot and he's very competitive. It's great to see.

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote