HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Oilers Positivity Thread!

Old
11-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Newfy IceCapd

vCash: 50
Positive:

MacT gave me one hell of a laugh during last nights Oil Change when he thought the Labarbera signing was great.

Thanks MacT, always looking out

Newfy IceCapd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 09:03 AM
russ99

vCash: 500
The only thing positive is that supposedly Eakins is going to simplify things for the players.

I'll give him three more games to get this right, but if after three games we're still dumping the puck in vs. quality possession teams (and we play a bunch the next week and a half), having more than 1 forward behind the goal line and glued to the boards on offense, I'll have lost all faith that he can turn this around.

russ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 09:15 AM
OilerFan4Life

Eakins. I know people are already hating him but I think he's been quite refreshing and once they fix the lockerroom, he IS the coach to take us to the next level.

Nuge. Guy is just so good at all levels of the ice....our best all-around player and cornerstone franchise player to build around for the next decade.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 11:35 AM
ToeDrag83
Down, Not Out

The PGTs are more entertaining lately.

ToeDrag83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Stoneman89

Only 67 more games left!

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
The only thing positive is that supposedly Eakins is going to simplify things for the players.

I'll give him three more games to get this right, but if after three games we're still dumping the puck in vs. quality possession teams (and we play a bunch the next week and a half), having more than 1 forward behind the goal line and glued to the boards on offense, I'll have lost all faith that he can turn this around.
Shouldn't Eakins have learned from his predessesor and simplified things right from the beginning, instead of waiting till 15 games are done and the teams season has become a wash? Krueger couldn't get these knuckleheads to learn his system, and Eakins thinks he will just come in and they'll grab on right away? That has been a disappointment for me.

Old
11-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

I suck, but there is something which kind of cheers me up.

"Everyone seems to know the score
They've seen it all before
They just know, they're so sure
That Oilers's gonna throw it away
Gonna blow it away
But I know they can play
Cos I remember

(chorus)
Oil drop on a shirt
Stanley Cup still gleaming
Thirty years of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming

So many jokes, so many sneers
But all those oh-so nears
When your down, through the years
But I still see that tackle by Lowe
And when Messier scored
Kurri dangling the puck
And 99 dancing

(chorus)

I know that was then
But it could be again"

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Skm

vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd View Post
Positive:

MacT gave me one hell of a laugh during last nights Oil Change when he thought the Labarbera signing was great.

Not as laugh-worthy as Tambo's "(enters room)...you've got your center " in reference to signing Belanger.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post

So he's dumbing it down because the players......can't understand. You give him three games and expect these same players to achieve in three games?

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 10:12 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd View Post
Positive:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
Not as laugh-worthy as Tambo's "(enters room)...you've got your center " in reference to signing Belanger.
I think it's hilarious that the oil change series has become a behind the scenes documentary about incompetence. I remember seeing it on the other day and whoever the guy was had an empty desk and bare office....almost as if he did absolutely nothing all day.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Skm

vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
I think it's hilarious that the oil change series has become a behind the scenes documentary about incompetence. I remember seeing it on the other day and whoever the guy was had an empty desk and bare office....almost as if he did absolutely nothing all day.
Haha was it George Costanza?

Seriously, thought you're right. I can't bear to watch the show because instead of a cool behind the scenes look it gives me further reason to lament the team I cheer for.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Eakins. I know people are already hating him but I think he's been quite refreshing and once they fix the lockerroom, he IS the coach to take us to the next level.

Nuge. Guy is just so good at all levels of the ice....our best all-around player and cornerstone franchise player to build around for the next decade.
I like Eakins because he wears really nice ties. And I like the words he uses when he talks. There is no doubt he IS the right guy.

Old
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Perfect_Drug

Positives on the season:

Mainstream Fans (Tier 3 fans) are finally starting to turn on the management for their ineptitude, and incompetence.

Ekblad will look REALLY good on our blueline for years to come.

Flames are still in the pit of mediocrity (Not in a top draft position, so no marquee talent will be coming their way via draft).

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post
Positives on the season:

Mainstream Fans (Tier 3 fans) are finally starting to turn on the management for their ineptitude, and incompetence.

Ekblad will look REALLY good on our blueline for years to come.

Flames are still in the pit of mediocrity (Not in a top draft position, so no marquee talent will be coming their way via draft).
You mean like Monohan?

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Perfect_Drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
You mean like Monohan?
Blah... oversight on my part.

Monahan is a great talent in a deep draft. They'll be out of the top 3 of this draft for sure I think (Unless they win the lottery).

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:29 PM
DrDreidelz

vCash: 1000
We have Chase, Khaira, Moroz, and Roy not to mention our future top paring of Nurse Ekblad playing in the Subway Super Series.

DrDreidelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Ive been happy with Perron. But the fact is he is another small/skilled winger, something that we do not need any more of here. We could have used Paajarvi or a package that included Paajarvi to fill a need. Like a goaltender, dman or center. Lots of choices. Small winger shouldnt have been one of them, regardless of how much we like Perron and how he has played. The team has won three games in their first fifteen. Chances are we may have more wins with an upgrade at goalie, defense, or center.
I agree with this. But the biggest positive for me is that I saw tremendous upside in Paajarvi given his combination of size, speed and skill, something which can take more than 2 or 3 seasons to blossom for many power forwards; and back to the positive, is that Paajarvi will have the ideal environment to bring that skill set along in St. Louis. While we luckily have another smurf to add to our collection!

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
The "love" for Paajarvi in this thread, now that he's gone, is Hilarious.

Many of those same posters would likely throw him under the bus as fast as praise him if he was still in Edmonton putting up the "numbers" he is in St Louis, geez.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 03:13 PM
KClovesGaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post

I think so as well. He's the first coach during this rebuild who is trying and stressing defense. It's not his fault the players didn't even know what traditional defense was. He's had to start from scratch. If the players can actually figure it out, I really do believe he's the coach for this team.

KClovesGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Homer Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
Haha was it George Costanza?
Tambo working on the Penske file.

Homer Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Slats432

I have built a lot of humility in the last 7 years, 140 days, 20 hours and 52 minutes since the Oil were in the playoffs.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

It never ceases to amaze me how some posters will exalt the virtues of a player such as Paajarvi, so long as he is wearing Oilers silks. But the second he is gone, those same posters will proclaim he is a garbage player that should never have stepped on NHL Ice.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 07:29 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how some posters will exalt the virtues of a player such as Paajarvi, so long as he is wearing Oilers silks. But the second he is gone, those same posters will proclaim he is a garbage player that should never have stepped on NHL Ice.
Well, I mean, he did get injured.

Geezus, guy, stop being soft.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

There were a lot of people upset about that Paajarvi trade. Not me, he was a big disappointment.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 08:23 PM
iCanada

We aren't as awful as the Panthers as of 40 minutes.

Thats a plus.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote