HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban behind Boyle and Letang for Team Canada

Old
11-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio View Post
TC being idiots for not saying PK's the captain for Canada in 2014.

I wonder who has an agenda.
It's pretty clear indeed when you say ridiculous things like this.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Last year I remember Therrien's comment when asked about the unravelling of Price.
"Carey Price is our best player".

Period. Stop. End of sentence. He's our guy. Everybody get off his back.

With PK this year, different story. Cost us 2 goals. Let me describe it for you. Everybody get on his back.
Pretty much.

Old
11-03-2013, 02:17 PM
MCDAVIDISH

vCash: 50
It would be absolutely absurd for PK not to make team Canada.

MCDAVIDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 06:47 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Subban still has to mature a bit. But we all knew that already.
What does this even mean though?

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 1963
Wait is this what Dreger's opinion is or is this from a reliable source from team Canada that team Canada has Boyle ahead of Subban? If it's just Dreger's opinion then who cares but at the same time, team Canada has shown that they rely too much on vets and don't understand the importance of speed on big ice so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like take Boyle or Phaneuf over Subban or a guy like Mike Richards or Iginla over Duchene or Couture.

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Subban just has to play awesome with the ice time he gets.

He knows this.

Everything else is in someone else's hands.

Control what you can.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Didn't know Robinson, Tortorella and all the others who are actually praising their top players are cheerleaders. Thanks for telling me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Last year I remember Therrien's comment when asked about the unravelling of Price.
"Carey Price is our best player".

Period. Stop. End of sentence. He's our guy. Everybody get off his back.

With PK this year, different story. Cost us 2 goals. Let me describe it for you. Everybody get on his back.
Every player is different and you guys seem to continually forget that! If Therrien would show Price the tough love he's showing PK for all his miscues, would anyone really be surprised if Carey went on to cry like a ***** in the next media scrum and ask for a trade? The guy's character isn't built for that. Now would anyone really be surprised if this tough love routine has PK will his way onto Team Canada, and then have an absolutely torrid second half for the Habs? It sure as hell wouldn't surprise me one bit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
It means that even though PK is a young vet, he can still make rookie mistakes. He is still raw and needs to continue to develop his game. In other words, he needs to mature as a hockey player.

That, or LeMAD is a racist... ya, he's prolly a racist!

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
It means that even though PK is a young vet, he can still make rookie mistakes. He is still raw and needs to continue to develop his game. In other words, he needs to mature as a hockey player.

I didn't mean it as a racist thing. I just think everyone's bent on calling Subban immature when he hasn't really shown to be. Yeah he's still young, but I think people look at every little error under a magnifying glass.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio View Post
Of course you dont. Blaming him for the 3rd goal tho is a step. Must be a first. It was obviously due to MT's misuse of PK tho, right? You've the same guy who posted in the gamethread vs the Stars (I think) that PK had a good game while everyone else pointed the few mistakes he made and the fact it was another tough game for him. Take your blinders off.

Who has an agenda? We got many posters (seems to be a clique) who are so obsessed by PK and cant stand the fact he isnt performing well and will blame it on everything else. MB, MT, Dregger being an idiot for reporting about TC, TC being idiots for not saying PK's the captain for Canada in 2014.

I wonder who has an agenda. Its been how many poor games in a row now? Slumps do happen, every players has them. In this case, its different (as it always is with PK apparently), because PK's slump is due to any elements but PK. It surely cant be because PK's game isnt where some would make you believe it is yet, or the fact he's still young. Or the fact that anyway, any pro athletes go into slumps.

Yet, convos like this and whining like this is rampant in several threads, and the same narrative is being done by the very same people. Its not PK's fault, according to some people.

Thats an agenda. Dont say the people who happen to not agree with you have an agenda. Some of the critics you guys bring up is just plain ridiculous.

The bridge contract vs big contract is just another example. Its PK, best player since Gretzky, he should get all he wants because he's different. Early in PK's career, he had a rep has a selfish guy. Personally, I think he got that because he was flamboyant, was outspoken in the room, was chirping on the ice and things like that arent the norm in the NHL. They do happen in other sports tho and it doesnt mean the said player is selfish.

Yet, as soon as anyone say anything about PK, he's an idiot or doesnt have a clue by that same clique.

The gamethread was another example. People arent idiots or dont have a clue because they choose not to be homers.

When you are starting to defend PK should be getting a big contracts by bringing up the Oilers and praising them, maybe there's a lack of arguments?
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not really reading your posts. If you've got a credible source that shows that PK was demanding Doughty money, then post it. Otherwise this is all a lot of noise and smoke. We've seen the most credible journalists in the sport report these numbers. No reason not to believe them.

I say this without a trace of anger btw, I don't give a **** what you think about anything. KrissE and others can waste their time shredding you... I just don't give a ****.

I'm not going to debate you on your unsubstantiated ravings. But if you've got a credible source that contradicts Mackenzie and everyone else, then post it. Because then we might have something to talk about.

If not, then don't waste everyone's time with this crap.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Every player is different and you guys seem to continually forget that! If Therrien would show Price the tough love he's showing PK for all his miscues, would anyone really be surprised if Carey went on to cry like a ***** in the next media scrum and ask for a trade? The guy's character isn't built for that. Now would anyone really be surprised if this tough love routine has PK will his way onto Team Canada, and then have an absolutely torrid second half for the Habs? It sure as hell wouldn't surprise me one bit!
Okay, but even if we buy this... why doesn't he play him in critical situations? Why didn't he do it vs. Ottawa? Because that decision arguably cost us the series.

Go look at that game tying goal in game four. A minute left and our best defender isn't on the ice? And then the inevitable defensive breakdown happens... Our goalie gets hurt when we're about to tie the series. Instead we lose the game, our goalie and the series along with it. That's just nothing short of incompetence on MT's part.

Explain why we see so much of DD and so much of Bouillion...

It just doesn't make any sense. I could understand him acting this way and being a tough coach in public... some guys are like that. But the ice distribution is nothing short of baffling.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Except that PK's drop in performance seems to coincide with the constant bashing.

Would you be surprised if he played his way onto TC while being praised?
Would you be surprised if PK decides to sign a short term deal or ask for a trade if the bashing persists??

You can't constantly bash your player, and if you seem to do it with only one player then it seems more like targeting and double standards.

There's a way to go about it too. It's not that he says we need more from PK, that he knows he can do more, but right now it's not enough. He flat out blames him for losses which is pretty ridiculous. And for someone that preaches team concept so much and to play for your teammates, how can he then turn around and just blast his guy while protecting others??

And with all this, it still doesn't explain why our best player isn't always on the ice when he should be.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Wait is this what Dreger's opinion is or is this from a reliable source from team Canada that team Canada has Boyle ahead of Subban? If it's just Dreger's opinion then who cares but at the same time, team Canada has shown that they rely too much on vets and don't understand the importance of speed on big ice so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like take Boyle or Phaneuf over Subban or a guy like Mike Richards or Iginla over Duchene or Couture.
Dreger is reporting what he's been told. Lebrun apparently has heard the same thing.

Doesn't mean that this is how it will play out but I don't see any reason to doubt that they have at least been told this by somebody high up.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:45 PM
groovejuice

Quote:

I believe you are giving MT way too much credit. He's not a psychological genius, he's a simpleton and a bully.

This harassment will not end well.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Quote:
What we see NOW is that Therrien is on his case, and PK thinks too much and plays average. I guess he'll be able to block it out but no...sorry. Yes, you can be tough on somebody. Yes, everybody reacts differently. But you don't have to lack respect. And you still CAN acknowledge your player's worth and praise him.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Camio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not really reading your posts. If you've got a credible source that shows that PK was demanding Doughty money, then post it. Otherwise this is all a lot of noise and smoke. We've seen the most credible journalists in the sport report these numbers. No reason not to believe them.

I say this without a trace of anger btw, I don't give a **** what you think about anything. KrissE and others can waste their time shredding you... I just don't give a ****.

I'm not going to debate you on your unsubstantiated ravings. But if you've got a credible source that contradicts Mackenzie and everyone else, then post it. Because then we might have something to talk about.

If not, then don't waste everyone's time with this crap.
When you take off your blinders, let me know.

As far as shredding goes, all you do (along with that clique) is toss aside anything not giving praise to PK. Either they dont have a clue, you know better, they are idiots, etc...

Camio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Gally11

Guys it's not Dregers opinion that he shouldn't be on it, in fact Dreger thinks he should. There's a slight difference when it comes to Dreger bashing

Darren Dreger ✔ @DarrenDreger
If I were picking the CDN Oly team, Subban would be on it. Based on intel gathered, at this pt, he's a longshot...behind Boyle and Letang.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
Guys it's not Dregers opinion that he shouldn't be on it, in fact Dreger thinks he should. There's a slight difference when it comes to Dreger bashing

If I were picking the CDN Oly team, Subban would be on it. Based on intel gathered, at this pt, he's a longshot...behind Boyle and Letang.
Does anyone seriously doubt that he'll be on the team? TWO Dmen ahead of him? How many Dmen will go to Sochi? More than two, need I point out.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post

There you go. No reason to shoot the messenger on this. Dreger is reporting what he's being told so folks can stop bashing him. No reason not to believe that he's reporting what he's been told.

Old
11-04-2013, 09:32 PM
blackghost

MT isn't helping by throwing PK under the bus every once in a while..

blackghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:12 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

The thing with Subban is he is a RHS on the backend, much like a lot of Team Canada players who ARE better defensively. FACT.

If Subban was GREAT in his own zone, he'd get more D zone starts and face tougher lines in the games he plays. He doesn't. FACT.

I like what Subban brings to the game however I don't have him on my Team Canada list ahead of those who were invited. I see him as the #7 at most.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:16 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
The thing with Subban is he is a RHS on the backend, much like a lot of Team Canada players who ARE better defensively. FACT.

If Subban was GREAT in his own zone, he'd get more D zone starts and face tougher lines in the games he plays. He doesn't. FACT.

I like what Subban brings to the game however I don't have him on my Team Canada list ahead of those who were invited. I see him as the #7 at most.
How about no. Do you know what a fact is?

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Since 2010:
Karlsson 0.853 Goals against/60 min. (reference point)
Weber 0.686 GA/60.
Letang 0.756 GA/60.
Pietrangelo 0.658 GA/60.
Subban: 0.650 GA/60.

So...we were saying? Those numbers are 5 on 5 btw.

You can tell when someone has a skewed opinion. It's really easy, they proclaim their subjective opinions as facts. It's the first sign that someone doesn't have much of an argument. They also tend to write FACT in capital letters in a confused attempt to seem like they have any semblance of an argument that's can be defended using stats and ...facts.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Miller Time

Quote:

I think you need to check a dictionary and try to understand the difference btw opinion & fact.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:20 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:

FACT, Therrien is misusing him, he is not as bad in his own zone as you make it sound and Michel seems to have an agenda, whether it's to push him or save cap dollars on a new contract. Also on the large rink PK is a better skater than many defencemen ranked ahead of him, (played jr on an Olympic rink and is one of the best skaters in the league).

I am still 100% sure he is on TC.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
It means that some people are dead set in their perception of Subban.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote