HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... The Sequel!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
My best movie going experience, bar none, was Inception, I went with a bunch of friends and we all came out of there with the WTF expression on our faces.
lol man i got ADDICTED to inception

i really did truly love it and enjoy it, and the conversations and debates ive had can go on forever lol

Old
11-05-2013, 11:52 AM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedaddy View Post
i think i am done with homeland.

Spoil:
Brody is gone and i really dont care about the dana and her mother story line.

P.s. American horror story is fantastic
for god sake, can you please advice for spoiler warning before posting something like this???????

Last edited by hototogisu: 11-05-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: i know it's too late for you, but maybe i can save others ;)
Old
11-05-2013, 11:53 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I think I am done with Homeland.

Spoil:
Brody is gone and I really dont care about the Dana and her mother story line.

P.S. American Horror Story is fantastic
I was done with Homeland after like episode 2 or 3, I couldn't stand it.

Old
11-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Bryson

Django Unchained - WOW just wow. What a movie! Vintage Tarantino. Great cinematography and that soundtrack, amazing! A++

The Lone Ranger - Was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Make some popcorn and enjoy the ride! Johnny Depp was wonderfully funny. Much better than his Jack Sparrow character who was barely tolerable in the first film, no idea why they have to make 5 movies of the same crap.

The Road(2009) starring the great Viggo Mortensein is a dark and bleak post apocalyptic movie about a man and his son and the realities of having to scavenge to survive in a non-forgiving world.
The Divide(2011) is about a group of people who manage to find refuge in a basement of an apartment complex during a nuclear fallout. Very Gruesome. Let's just say this movie makes The Road look like a disney movie in comparison.

Gran Torino - Can't go wrong with Clint Eastwood. This is one of those must watch movies.

End of Watch - Good movie about two beat cops in LA. Jake Gyllenhaal and his partner Michael Pena have great on screen chemistry.

Finished off Foreign Film week with Infernal Affairs and The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. This week is going to be a throwback to old childhood movies with the likes of The Goonies, The Monstersquad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Willow going on the playlist. Honorable mention to The Neverending Story, The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. Going to be fun watching these childhood classics again on the big screen in HD.

PS to fans of Oldboy, apparently the script of the remake has already been leaked and I've already read of some changes. I don't think this one is going to have quite the shock value which makes the original an instant classic. I don't usually go to the theaters but I think this is one I might have to catch on the big screen. Perhaps we can have a HFboards movie night?

Old
11-05-2013, 12:07 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
My best movie going experience, bar none, was Inception, I went with a bunch of friends and we all came out of there with the WTF expression on our faces.
ok, since that one then

Old
11-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i won't debate it's flaws but seeing this in the theatre was one of the best 'going to the movies' experience i've had since i can remember and M83's score is ****ing brilliant. i looooved it
I wholeheartedly agree. The song which plays during the end credits is breath taking. I listened to it over and over when I first heard it. M83 did a fantastic job on the soundtrack and I absolutely love Susanne Sundfør's voice!

Old
11-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Andy

Quote:
The Dark Knight did it for me. When it ended, I literally couldn't get out of my seat...I was like wow, wow...wow...that was awesome.

Old
11-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I finally started watching season 1 of Louie last night after enjoying Louis C.K.'s stand-up for so long and it's awesome. Don't know why it took me so long.

I only wish the episodes were an hour long. They feel too short and truncated as it is.
Have you ever watched Louis CK first series Lucky Louie?

Great series, too much cutting edge adult material didn't make it past the first season.

Old
11-05-2013, 12:43 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Have you ever watched Louis CK first series Lucky Louie?

Great series, too much cutting edge adult material didn't make it past the first season.
No, I'm aware of it but I never watched it. I think it's on youtube though so maybe I'll check it out after.

Old
11-05-2013, 12:43 PM
kingdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Oblivion for the 1st 30 minutes was amazing. As the movie progressed, it got increasingly more cheesy, obvious and stupid.
Like Tom Cruise with his Yankees hat and his flannel shirt?

Old
11-05-2013, 01:05 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGV View Post
Like Tom Cruise with his Yankees hat and his flannel shirt?

everywhere he went he collected things, like the bobblehead, or the shack, of the baseball cap... there's far more stupid things than that come on, like the chick giving birth on her own and raising a kid by her lonesome for what, 3-4 years?

Old
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
No, I'm aware of it but I never watched it. I think it's on youtube though so maybe I'll check it out after.
google "Lucky Louie Anal" if that scene gives you a laugh track down the series and watch. It's raunchy but funny.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Bloumeister
Blou Christmas

Quote:
google "Lucky Louie Anal" if that scene gives you a laugh track down the series and watch. It's raunchy but funny.
I love Louis CK. That scene is as good as it gets for 'Lucky Louie', but it's nowhere near as good as anything on 'Louie'.

'Lucky Louie' is your (sub)standard TV sitcom with foul language and a bit of raunchiness. What makes it work is the chemistry between Louis CK and Pam Adlon.

'Louie' is a one-of-a-kind **********ing piece of art. Such a uniquely great show. How Louis CK can write a show where he can portray himself as pathetic one moment then sublimely hilarious the next while keeping the stories compelling is beyond me. I love the discomfort (for lack of a better description) he sets in the situations he creates: he deconstructs the 'sit-slash-com' concept. Considering he does it all by himself (writing and directing alone for the most part), I'd say the guy's a storytelling genius.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:40 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
...I think I'll wait until I get home

Old
11-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Bloumeister
Blou Christmas

Quote:
...I think I'll wait until I get home
Good call

Old
11-05-2013, 01:42 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
I love Louis CK. That scene is as good as it gets for 'Lucky Louie', but it's nowhere near as good as anything on 'Louie'.

'Lucky Louie' is your (sub)standard TV sitcom with foul language and a bit of raunchiness. What makes it work is the chemistry between Louis CK and Pam Adlon.

'Louie' is a one-of-a-kind **********ing piece of art. Such a uniquely great show. How Louis CK can write a show where he can portray himself as pathetic one moment then sublimely hilarious the next while keeping the stories compelling is beyond me. I love the discomfort (for lack of a better description) he sets in the situations he creates: he deconstructs the 'sit-slash-com' concept. Considering he does it all by himself (writing and directing alone for the most part), I'd say the guy's a storytelling genius.
I've watched most of Louie, just great. It can also be incredibly depression. Pam Adlon is a fox, too. Loved her in californication, as well.

Surprised californication hasn't been mentioned here yet.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Bloumeister
Blou Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I've watched most of Louie, just great. It can also be incredibly depressive. Pam Adlon is a fox, too. Loved her in californication, as well.
I think that's why the show works. You never know where he's gonna take you next. Name me one comedy (TV or movie) that can keep you on the edge like that. It's like he's asking the viewers to walk with him on a tightrope - in the dark. At some point, you'll fall off, but you don't know if Louie will make you laugh, cry or feel guilty or depressed because you're just as clueless about life as he is.

Maybe I like the show so much because I recognize myself in the guy

Old
11-05-2013, 02:10 PM
sventington

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

Surprised californication hasn't been mentioned here yet.
I can't bring myself to watch it after finding out that Duchovny is the reason X-Files got so bad later on. I will be bitter FOREVER.

Old
11-05-2013, 03:32 PM
kingdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
everywhere he went he collected things, like the bobblehead, or the shack, of the baseball cap... there's far more stupid things than that come on, like the chick giving birth on her own and raising a kid by her lonesome for what, 3-4 years?
I was going for the cheese.

Old
11-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So Lafleur's Guy, I took your advice and watched No Country for Old Men...

...I was left perplexed lol.
You didn't like it? Or you just didn't get the final speech?

What did you think about the crazy hitman at the gas station?

Old
11-05-2013, 04:02 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I still don't understand that movie. All I got was there was a ship creating clones. That's all I got.
It is an allegory for drone warfare and its effects on the human condition.

One of the greatest sci fi movies in years, unfortunately it tells a message people do not want to hear.

Old
11-05-2013, 04:16 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

One of the greatest sci fi movies in years, unfortunately it tells a message people do not want to hear.
Well that is absolutely untrue.

Old
11-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Go Habs Go

I watched the two recent Star Trek movies (Star Trek & Star Trek Into Darkness). To start off, I generally dislike Star Trek yet I quite liked these movies. Good action flicks. Though I hear Star Trek purists hate it.

Old
11-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You didn't like it? Or you just didn't get the final speech?

What did you think about the crazy hitman at the gas station?
No I really really like it. I was just perplexed lol. It took several internet pages to explain it to me

Old
11-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

It was also cheesy and predictable. After the first half hour it was sloppy story telling.

Closed Thread