HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Considering Ryan Miller if Peks Can't Go This Season

Old
11-04-2013, 04:22 PM
SavageSteve

vCash: 500
Considering Ryan Miller if Peks Can't Go This Season

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...1#.UngcQnB2G3I

Quote:
*In Nashville there is a deep sense that a trade could be on the approaching horizon. Rinne's injury is a huge ongoing concern but as far as I can tell the Preds are only in on Ryan Miller if Rinne can't return this year.
Sure it's Eklund/Fantasyland; but I guess we have to wonder what the Sabres would have to have for him if Pekka is toast for the season? I assume that the Pred's have salary insurance on Peks like they did with Sully and could make a move to add Miller as a rental if needed?

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

No thanks. Ek is way off on this one.

It would be pointless to give up assets for rentals this year.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 04:36 PM
PFL615

Doubt that happens. Unless it's for a huge underpayment. That probably is not going to happen with teams like the Ducks, Oilers, and Panthers needs. I haven't heard anywhere that Peka could be out for the season.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Iron Duke

Buffalo's going to want at least a 1st, if not more. I just can't see us giving up assets like that for a guy that is unlikely to be re-signed going forward. Only way I see that as a possibility is if there are serious concerns that Rinne's career is in jeopardy.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Doubt that happens. Unless it's for a huge underpayment. That probably is not going to happen with teams like the Ducks, Oilers, and Panthers needs. I haven't heard anywhere that Peka could be out for the season.
Same infection happened to Lupul, it's possible for Pekka to be out a year

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:28 PM
INDhockeyfan

No idea if it is the same exact kind of infection. Way too early to know anything. I doubt we will go after Miller either. If Peks ends up out for the season we'd get Bryz or another free agent and not give up assets. Rinne goes on LTIR and we get 7 million in cap space.

INDhockeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

100000 times no. The last thing we need to do is go all in for a rental when we aren't a contender this year.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 08:46 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

If the price is a 1st and a young forward at about a A- level and nelow I would consider it but if it's more, no.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 09:14 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

No thanks.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Nitrous Mafia

No thank you. Don't want that whiney ***** on our team.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 10:28 PM
braindead

Pure insanity.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 06:01 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Even if they knew Pekka was out for the year right now and the asking price was lowered to say a 2nd rounder and Beck, it would still be a stupid move.

Ryan Miller does not make the team a legit cup contender, he may not even get them into the playoffs. You don't waste assets for a rental if you don't have a legit chance to make a run in the playoffs.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 06:20 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
its not the same infection. And its not the same surgery.

dont get me wrong, Im very worried about whether Pekka can come back and be fully effective this season, but the comparison is invalid

and I agree Miller would be a dumb move if we could get Bryz for no assets at all.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 08:23 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Even if Pekka is out for the season, there's reasons why Edmonton and Philly haven't traded for Miller. He'd cost a ton. Based on commentary from last nights game on NBCSN, Anaheim is the new goalie hotbed and they believe it's only a matter of time until Edmonton deals with the Ducks. Apparently, however, the price is currently too high.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:55 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
No thanks. Ek is way off on this one.

It would be pointless to give up assets for rentals this year.
I don't think it is too farfetched to be honest. And I don't think we have to include a1st as Buffalo has a ton of picks and talent not ready. I would think NHL close to ready guys like Beck, Watson, Ellis etc. would be in play.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 01:01 PM
PFL615

Be a dumb desperate decision to move any of those for a goalie who we do not need.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 01:52 PM
predshabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
What needs do the Ducks have in goal?
They got four goalies right now who can/will start sometime sooner probably than later.

No thanks on the Miller front.

Last edited by predshabs: 11-05-2013 at 01:57 PM.
predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 02:51 PM
token grinder

Panthers don't have a need with Markstrom and Thomas. They have to let Markstrom take his lumps and Thomas can shepard him through until he is dealt. Philly has a need in net, Edmonton has a need in net, and Calgary has one. Beyond that, I don't think there is a team in the league that are desperate unless your #1 is out for the year

Old
11-05-2013, 02:54 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
What needs do the Ducks have in goal?
They got four goalies right now who can/will start sometime sooner probably than later.

No thanks on the Miller front.
I assume you are thinking of John Gibson as the 4th goalie, but he is 3-4 years away still. Ryan Miller has let it be known he would like to play in southern California. I can see Anaheim dealing Hiller to Edmonton and Fasth in a package with Etem for Miller. That would create the need for Miller. Andersen can continue to back up.

Old
11-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I assume you are thinking of John Gibson as the 4th goalie, but he is 3-4 years away still. Ryan Miller has let it be known he would like to play in southern California. I can see Anaheim dealing Hiller to Edmonton and Fasth in a package with Etem for Miller. That would create the need for Miller. Andersen can continue to back up.
Ouch, Etem's a stud. That would be a tough trade to swallow.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Noooooooo. Time to tank and draft high. Trade the old guys. Get picks. Compete in 2-3 years

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:45 PM
thecloser

the ducks don't really need goaltending. Frederick Anderson has been playing lights out and it seems they are content with him being there #1 until Fasth comes back.

I could see us moving ellis and Watson for miller but Bryzgalov is still out there. Regardless, we're gonna need someone better than Hutton and Mezanec if we want to be playoff contenders this year.

not so sure I want miller though...especially not if a 1st is involved. I want to hold onto those unless its for a sure proven 1st liner.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
the ducks don't really need goaltending. Frederick Anderson has been playing lights out and it seems they are content with him being there #1 until Fasth comes back.

I could see us moving ellis and Watson for miller but Bryzgalov is still out there. Regardless, we're gonna need someone better than Hutton and Mezanec if we want to be playoff contenders this year.

not so sure I want miller though...especially not if a 1st is involved. I want to hold onto those unless its for a sure proven 1st liner.
I'd hate to waste talent like Ellis and Watson on a goalie we'll only use for an incomplete season. We'll probably sign Bryz or stick it out, I just can't see us sending assets the other way for a shot at the playoffs. If we were competing for a cup, sure, but we're not there yet.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:55 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I'd hate to waste talent like Ellis and Watson on a goalie we'll only use for an incomplete season. We'll probably sign Bryz or stick it out, I just can't see us sending assets the other way for a shot at the playoffs. If we were competing for a cup, sure, but we're not there yet.
i'm with you. I think we may sign bryz and could probably get him for a year at 1 or 2 mill. He wants to stay in the NHL or he would have bolted to the KHL already. He'd probably take 1 million because it gets him back in the league and he would be able to prove he can still play here and maybe garner some interest in free agency next year.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:54 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
i'm with you. I think we may sign bryz and could probably get him for a year at 1 or 2 mill. He wants to stay in the NHL or he would have bolted to the KHL already. He'd probably take 1 million because it gets him back in the league and he would be able to prove he can still play here and maybe garner some interest in free agency next year.
Why pay 1m then? 600k gets him back to the NHL too.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote