HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anything Goes 11: Coke>Pepsi

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2013, 08:21 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Nothing says fun like having to check your email 30 times in an hour for totally useless information, especially when you've got way more important things to do.
Yeah, that's the best part, especially when it's so easy to miss an important tidbit in that sea of worthless emails.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limits of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
Old
10-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Nothingman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Nothing says fun like having to check your email 30 times in an hour for totally useless information, especially when you've got way more important things to do.
In order to improve my efficiency, I check emails once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Otherwise, it just eats my time. If it is something important they will call if I don't answer in time which is how it should be. This is if I am in office which is about 35% of the time. On the road I am much more diligent checking and catching up. But I like them to not expect that.

Old
10-30-2013, 10:21 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

vCash: 2660
My shoulder is so ****ed up. I'm going to take so many ibuprofen Saturday for my game.

Old
10-30-2013, 10:45 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

What do you play?

Old
10-31-2013, 03:49 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Catching up on SOA via Netflix. Opie just died. I now know why FB lost it's **** a year and a half ago.

Old
10-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Catching up on SOA via Netflix. Opie just died. I now know why FB lost it's **** a year and a half ago.
Drink every time someone says "jesus christ."

Old
10-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Such a sad episode.

Old
10-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Hawkey39

Bartending at the fraternity party tonight

Also what's soa

Old
10-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Hawkey39

Sons of anarchy?

Old
10-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey39 View Post
Sons of anarchy?
Yup, great show.

Old
10-31-2013, 12:24 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

vCash: 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
What do you play?
Rugby

Old
10-31-2013, 12:53 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey39 View Post
Bartending at the fraternity party tonight

Also what's soa
Cool, glad you're having fun.

Old
11-02-2013, 10:17 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Wind and rain is this November's theme. So ready for a shower and a few fingers of scotch.

Old
11-02-2013, 11:20 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Depending on where you live - tonight's the night clocks go back an hour.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:56 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

Had a ****ty weekend, so needed an extra hour of sleep last night.

Old
11-04-2013, 08:34 AM
kuzy

Just this week at school in North Carolina I have seen: two cubs shirts, a bears sweatshirt, a blackhawks shirt and hat, a bulls shirt and hat, and a cubs license plate. Also the first day of my season I wore my hawks sweater and got compliments from 5 different people. All in all, I have been pleasantly surprised how nice they are down here and how supportive they are of Chicago sports haha go figure. So yeah, I was just wondering to here if any of you guys have had similar experiences in places other than Chicago?

Old
11-04-2013, 08:45 AM
digdug41982

Yeah, people are much nicer down south, southern hospitality definitely exists. I once got in a fender bender in a parking lot and the guy was like, "Let me run to the store, meet me at my house in an hour and we'll sort it out ourselves instead of involving the cops." We agreed to share responsibility, even though I can certainly see how a cop would have put more blame on me. We called our respective insurance companies from his house, told them both it was 50-50, then went to work on a case of beer he bought to bury the hatchet, so to speak. Guy even insisited that I take the remaining beer home with me, I mean, he wasn't going to allow me to leave it there, I tried. Whole different world down there.

Old
11-04-2013, 10:06 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

Had a good experience both times I've been down to Raleigh/Durham with Hawks gear, last year for the Canes/Devils game and this year for our game against the Canes, and both times had extremely positive experiences with the locals. There were surprisingly more than a few fellow Hawks fans at the game last year, and it honestly felt like at least a fifth of the crowd at our game against them was Hawks fans, if not more.

Definitely going to try to make visiting my brother, sister-in-law, and niece when the Hawks make their now annual visit there a tradition moving forward.

Old
11-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Mike Emrick

RIP culinary legend and Chicago denizen Charlie Trotter

Old
11-05-2013, 05:46 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Anybody else having issues with COD? Can't get into a single online game. If you play xbox send me a pm with your gamertag.

Old
11-05-2013, 09:45 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

If any of you are experienced with computers/IT stuff esp dealing w/ mac please PM me. my mac is making me crazy, i don't have the time to take it into the apple store, and b/c the laptop giving me trouble isn't my work computer i can't use our IT.

to make a long story short (maybe long) it has spent a lot of time freezing - i've already had to stop using chrome (my favoured browser) and then firefox b/c of constant freezing. my laptop will now only tolerate safari as a browser (i went so far as to try Opera - and it wouldn't tolerate that either). As annoying as the freezing is, even worse is that when it crashes it usually only re-starts to either a grey screen or a blue screen (although i get the 'apple' on the grey screen when i start - which makes me think it's not a hard drive thing).

in any event, if you have the tech know how to deal with this sort of thing, let me know. i don't mind $ you, but i need someone who can deal w/ this faster and cheaper than apple.

Old
11-05-2013, 09:52 PM
madgoat33

my laptop can't run firefox at all anymore. Even my new desktop has problems with it(IE, adobe flash freezing occasionally). A year ago I wouldn't have even considered using a browser other than firefox since it seemed far more intuitive than chrome, but now I'm using chrome on my desktop, laptop and phone. Not really a fan of the browser, but its better than IE and firefox has taken a huge ****.

Old
11-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
my laptop can't run firefox at all anymore. Even my new desktop has problems with it(IE, adobe flash freezing occasionally). A year ago I wouldn't have even considered using a browser other than firefox since it seemed far more intuitive than chrome, but now I'm using chrome on my desktop, laptop and phone. Not really a fan of the browser, but its better than IE and firefox has taken a huge ****.
What kind of computer do you have? Firefox runs fine on my laptop (although it is just a backup for Chrome).

Old
11-05-2013, 10:05 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
my own problem seems to be specific to my own laptop. i got a bunch of self-help by posting queries on the apple boards (which wont' help you if your'e not on mac, apparently). i know for me i was told that apparently macs get grumpy with chrome - but my ipad and iphone are fine with chrome so who knows.

i've always hated firefox. i just have...it's a personal bizarre-ness, i know..i'm happier with safari (which i *despise*) than i was with firefox.

my desktop at work is windows...and they won't give employees their own desired computer

my current laptop problem is a bit of a joke - i'm on macbook pro, which i got my boss to let me use (and get reimbursed for)...and my Co got everything installed on it. the problem is technically my boss shouldn't have authorized my mac use - and the downside is when i have problems with it (like i'm having) i have to pay for it all myself (the alternative being they'll just re-issue me a company laptop).

in any event, like i said before - if anyone actually has experience re mac IT lemme know. i'm happy to pay you. i'm OSX 10.6.8. Whatever problem i'm having, i don't think it's harddrive. but

Old
11-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Sarava

I use Chrome at home on my mac. Never had any problems. I have an iMac though, not a laptop. I wouldn't know what to say about your laptop issues. I can say if I had those problems - the first thing I'd try to do is wipe my computer and start again from scratch. If it still persists, then you know it's a hardware problem.

Closed Thread