HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barinka Suspended

Old
12-17-2006, 09:16 AM
tenpinsplit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I don't even know what to say to this post. I couldn't even understand it firsthand, but then I'm thinking, are you calling Neil, Emery, Vermette , Kelly soft?

You sound bitter, because I couldn't of possibly read that. Kelly can't finish, but he's soft. Vermette, you've got to be kidding me. He's always on his *** from trying to make hits. And Neil, maybe you have bad vision? How about Emery.. LOL ... maybe you have something against ex - Junior C goalies.

Spezza yeah, he's soft in a sense. He doesn't want to take the hit. But he has soft hands, which helps with scoring I guess.
time warp....do do do do do

jump back a couple years during the lockout.....bingo had without a doubt the most stacked team....and what happened....we took the first two games at home from wilkes barre in the playoffs....and then LOST 4 IN A ROW....you know why? BECAUSE THEY ALL GAVE UP.....and they are doing the same thing to you in ottawa.....softies.....i have seen them all play...so dont tell me i dont know....

tenpinsplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 11:21 AM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Sens fans remember that loss in Bingo and it was very dissapointing. Eric Staal lost on his team too?

Bingo fans are obviously very frustrated. Sens fans should be a little more tolerant here, its tough when you are losing. Look at Pittsburgh Penguin fans. Bingo fans arent as bad as them.

It does start to feel like Ottawa-Binghamton was an arranged marriage. And with Bingo fans having no real respect for Ottawa, they often come and blame us. Understandable because Sens fans dont show often they care about the Farm team.

Dont let their frustrations make you fight back with them, it serves no purpose. They are going through tough times and will lash out a lot. And probably have a lot of valid complaints, but what can we do about it but listen

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
time warp....do do do do do

jump back a couple years during the lockout.....bingo had without a doubt the most stacked team....and what happened....we took the first two games at home from wilkes barre in the playoffs....and then LOST 4 IN A ROW....you know why? BECAUSE THEY ALL GAVE UP.....and they are doing the same thing to you in ottawa.....softies.....i have seen them all play...so dont tell me i dont know....
Well I am tellin' ya, you don't know

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Buckleys

I have Luttinen, Potulny, and Bois. Weller, Foligno, McKenzie, Kolhemainen, Cooper, McIlvane, Louivaara, Greening, (Condra??) and probably one or two more at this years draft are all up and coming Gritty forwards in the system. Sometimes I wonder if we have to much grit now, and not enough finesse forwards now, i think you need a good mix.

Bingo's just rebulding

I almost forgot Kaigorodov, he'll hit everyone and everything, true powerforward

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 06:23 PM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Well I am tellin' ya, you don't know
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....we will see once this team makes the playoffs again...speeza will fade b/c he is not playoff caliber....i hate that guy....granted...he is a GREAT player....during the regular season....come playoffs when the other teams start to grind...and hit and finish checks and dont let up....he fades like the setting sun.....he did it here....it did it there last season...and he will continue to do some....

one ice cold soft frosty please!

Old
12-17-2006, 06:27 PM
tenpinsplit

oh yea.....i remember a guy names bochenski......brandon bochenski.....i think he was traded for......Tyler Arnason .....wait WHO???? did that guy play more than a handful of games. and i dont recall seeing him on the roster in ottawa this year.....and how is bochenski doing....

22 gp
21 goals
19 assists
EQUALS 40 POINTS

GREAT MOVE in trading him!!!!!

Old
12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
oh yea.....i remember a guy names bochenski......brandon bochenski.....i think he was traded for......Tyler Arnason .....wait WHO???? did that guy play more than a handful of games. and i dont recall seeing him on the roster in ottawa this year.....and how is bochenski doing....

22 gp
21 goals
19 assists
EQUALS 40 POINTS

GREAT MOVE in trading him!!!!!
That's great. What has he done when in the NHL? Nothing.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 06:33 PM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
and what exactly did Tyler Arnason do for ottawa?????

bochenski is obviosly improving his game....boy o boy we could of used a guy like that here in bingo....but does ottawa care? nope...

but i dont really care....it is not like they have sucked us dry here in bingo to win a multitude of cups...or even one for that matter....they choke like usual with their soft vanilla players

Old
12-17-2006, 06:36 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....we will see once this team makes the playoffs again...speeza will fade b/c he is not playoff caliber....i hate that guy....granted...he is a GREAT player....during the regular season....come playoffs when the other teams start to grind...and hit and finish checks and dont let up....he fades like the setting sun.....he did it here....it did it there last season...and he will continue to do some....

Ya, ummm..., Spezza was our best forward in the playoffs last year. He hustled, drove to the net, played defense, and scored 14 points in 10 games. But you probably missed that...

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Redden Punches Faces*

Quote:
soft vanilla players
Frostys have a distinct chocolate flavour. Get your story straight.

Redden Punches Faces* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 08:00 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
48GP 9G 9A 18PTS, which doesn't look half bad, until you realize that 13 of those points came in 20 games with the Sens. Since the trade, he's earned 5 points in 28 games.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 08:16 PM
The Fuhr*

I don't really care how Bingo preforms. There job is to furthur develop the players we put there if that means they lose every game its fine with me as long as the main pieces are developing. IE, Hennessy.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Brandi

Quote:

Again, can barely understand what you are saying. I do see some jibberish though

Too many dots.......

Old
12-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Brandi

Quote:
v.

but i dont really care....it is not like they have sucked us dry here in bingo to win a multitude of cups...or even one for that matter....they choke like usual with their soft vanilla players
for a guy that doesn't care , you certainly have STRONG OPINIONS!

and for a guy, you use the word soft and vanilla WAY too much ..ha!

Old
12-18-2006, 06:48 AM
billpo

Wait a second people. Untill the SENS prove otherwise, and stop folding like a cheap suit in the playoffs, the man has a valid point.

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 07:01 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
Wait a second people. Untill the SENS prove otherwise, and stop folding like a cheap suit in the playoffs, the man has a valid point.
The Sens choke just like 14 other playoff teams do every season.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 08:55 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
8 of those 14 teams choked worse than we did last season.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 10:45 AM
discostu

While I do sympathize with Bingo Sens fans, I would never want the Sens management to be making decisions based on what is best for the AHL team, rather than the NHL team. That is the unfortunate reality of professional hockey, and one that one has to accept if they support AHL hockey.

The Sens have taken approach that isn't minor league friendly:

-They've drafted heavily out of the Russian system, when other teams weren't. There were/are talented players in that system, but, they won't come over unless they are close to NHL readiness. This means that the time they'll spend in the Sens minor league system is little to none.

-They're drafting heavily out of the NCAA system. Not as hard on teh AHL system as drafting Russians, but, they are also not going to end their amateur career unless they feel they are close to the NHL.

-The Sens are cutting bait with players earlier I find. If they think a player won't develop into an impact NHL player, they seem much more willing to let them go. Hence, guys like Bochenski, Laich and Klepis were traded, because their ceilings were low. All three are fringe NHL players, that have and will spend a chunk of their career in the minors. The Sens let them go for help in the more immediate future for the big club.

-Ottawa's best prospect managed to exceed expectations, and bypass the AHL altogether in Meszaros. Could you imagine how dominating Mesz would have been in the AHL last year?

All of this has resulted in a minor league team that has not had much to be excited about. At least we picked up guys like Hereema and Pecker, who are there to help fill out the ranks, but, I find with only 7 rounds in the draft now, it isn't prudent to waste picks on guys unless you feel that they have a decent level of NHL potential. There's no more room for wasted picks.

discostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 10:49 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

All excellent points discostu.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 12:43 PM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post

Yes they do, But for the last how many years, they were touted as the team to beat weren't they?

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 12:44 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
Yes they do, But for the last how many years, they were touted as the team to beat weren't they?
The team to beat is the President's Trophy winners. The one time we were that... we came 2:14 away from the Stanley Cup Finals.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote